VaccumBubble/Gale, SpeedDrain and Backflip SC

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by VioletSorceress, Feb 1, 2017.

1. VioletSorceress Committed Player

As some already noticed, movement mode Supercharges got some ninja changes:

- VacuumBubble/Gale, SpeedDrain and Backflip lost their power return utility and now work like simple damage
    SC.

That makes no sense at all since every power set already has Damage Supercharges but not all powersets had a power return SC option.

Id like to see these restored to their Live server versions where they can serve a purpose.

Another suggestion is that the Breakout and CC Immunity granting movement Superchages be changed to extend these effects to whole group.

Movement and Iconic abilities and Supercharges are now purchased with SP so they should be slightly stronger than regular powers from different power sets. After all we are literally gonna be nefring out Stats to purchase those.
    • Like x 1
  2. Cold Fusion Well-Known Player

I agree but maybe for a different reason...

Let's call it what it is... A pet super... anybody that uses a pet obviously Earth or sorcery are the only one to benefit from those... I believe it could also power backup Sidekicks and NPCs. But it's main use was powers... But doesn't power us directly.

I'm sure the Devs assume this will throw off the balance they are trying to achieve... And there probably right to a point.

But on the other side if I'm a might based power then I can drop my supply drop use my trinket that boost my might and cast my big damage supercharge power a few times.

Pet powers can't do that because pets are CR damage and we will spec for precision. Pet Powers need their own supercharge that is tailored to their uniqueness.

Vacuum bubble filled that Gap so to take it away without a equivalent replacement is not a good idea in my opinion.
  3. VioletSorceress Committed Player

At Live server, these seem to restore power to everything that has a power bar including NPCs and various Pets. The only similar SC to that is Gadgets' Battle Drone. Battle Drone has an advantage to those because it shoots power back over much longer period of time while Movement SCs regenerate power rapidly but for a very short amount of time. Id speculate that 1 use of a Movement SC would help Crystal/Fury to do just 1 additional attack.

Im using SpeedDrain with my Earth live toon and Grand Summoning with my Sorc.
    My observation is that Speed Drain is definitely a much weaker alternative to Grand Summoning for a Sorc dps. Also, Speed Drain (and other power restoring movement SCs) is a better alternative to SCs Earth currently has at Live Server. The difference for an Earth player with and without power restoring SC is not huge though.
  4. Cold Fusion Well-Known Player

It's the best super Earth can use... Crystal only uses about 1/4 to 1/3 power par for a big hit... The super can fill up the bar and then some ... It does make a big difference.

On live currently you can use Grand Summoning and after those pets use their power you can use vacuum bubble... With supercharge chest and head mod.. you get 3 50% supers.. you can devastate a boss really.

Huge damage.
  5. VioletSorceress Committed Player

As far as Sorcery goes and the options you described, Fury cant benefit from so much power because its much lazier than Crystal and it just wont do extra big hits more often even if its powered up all the time. Crystal will do a big hit every time it has enough power but not Fury. Also dedicating 2 power slots for SCs and swapping Penetrating Strikes for SC chest mod would be a significant damage lose in general.

I havent noticed that much of an impact at my Earth toon and that is considering how much faster Crystal uses its power than Fury and that Ive specced all Crit Power innates possible from SP trees and some extra Vitalization stat to boost Speed Drain. (Pretty much everything extra that is not Dps Crits, Prec or Might, I had to invest in each weapon to get to final +25prec/+25might at the bottom, went into Power Crits and Vita.) And with all that movement SCs are not even close to SCs like Grand Summoning or Ice Elemental. Currently Live, I can run Phase Dodge or Gemstone shield* instead of a SC and Ill do about same damage. Of course, soon that will change since increased power usage is once again becoming a problem and having a beneficial SC will be of key importance.

*Non aftershocked Gemstone Shield has much faster animation time than Rumble Crush and Striking stones.