US PS/PC Server Downtime - May 5, 2020

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, May 5, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. God 42 New Player

In case everyone missed it, there was a news story weeks ago that PSN was restricting data rates so as to not exacerbate the problem the whole country was facing of limited bandwidth. Nearly everybody is home right now and people at home doing leisure net activities use far more data than when they are at work/school... well generally. Thats why those who don't live near major fiber lines notice slowdowns in the evenings and on weekends. Obviously since BoP launched lag has worsened, so there is likely a coding issue too, but the lag issue is threefold. Only 1 of those can they control. So even if they fixed it, the underlying infrastructure and quarantine issues would still exist.
    • Like x 1
  2. Isif Committed Player

So now cosmetics are pay to win? Really?!:rolleyes:
  3. Savior Prime Dedicated Player

to get feats from the cosmetics, to give skill points to raise your stats, to be stronger tank/dps/healer/controller.
  4. ROOTE Well-Known Player

It must've happened suddenly - Mepp's announcement came up 5-10 minutes after I had been DC'd & repeated log in attempts failed.
  5. Fuxy New Player

It’s online but y’all took my power respec from me I switched from mental to electricity before the unexpected shutdown I would like my respec token back
  6. TheWrecker Well-Known Player

It was down for much longer than an hour Mr congeniality.
  7. TheWrecker Well-Known Player

What's your character name in game? Which server?
  8. WASTHEN New Player

Hey so this is a weird thing because I never really post on the forums, but I kind of don’t know what to do. I was completely unaware of the downtime scheduled for last night, and I had just bought some Perfected Exobytes in the market place. They worked perfectly fine last night, and I was able to use them on my augments. Then the downtime hit and I was a little confused cause I didn’t see it coming. When I woke up this morning my exobytes were gone and my Marketplace Cash was as well. They weren’t put into my mods any more and I don’t really know where I’m supposed to file a complaint.

THIS IS MY FIRST TIME USING THE FORUMS SO PLEASE TELL ME IF THIS IS THE WRONG PLACE TO PUT THIS!
  9. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

For once it's the US servers that are toasting! :D
  10. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

I can deal with the game crashing. I have played this game and other MMOs long enough that having a DC and a small stretch of down time while they fix the problem it nothing new. Hey I just logged onto Netflix and watched some TV LOL

Now when I got back I got a real surprise... Did this happen to anyone else? I was in game when the crash happened. I was on an alt and in DOS Metropolis. I had completed three of the usual dailies and was actuallyt in a battle with a couple of Lex's troop that would have completed #4. Doomsday had just reappeared and I was actually hoping to join a team and grab him as well when POOF we were all off line.

Biggest "fear" I had was coming back and finding myself dead in the street.. I have seen that before.. you log in and while the game is loading you and before you can see anything but the upload screen your ALT gets set down in the middle of a mob and your dead before you even know you are being attacked LOL

SO I log in and … "where the heck am I?" Hmmmm I'm back in BOP Metropolis and according to this I have yet to complete the Huntress and Ivy daily missions. Now that was the zone I had been in with that ALT before heading to DOS Matropolis when we crashed... So not only did I lose the missions I had completed in DOS I had to go and complete two thirds of the missioins in the previous zone. :eek: Obviously I had a to re earn some currency and since I had not "SUPPOSEDLY" turned anything in I had to open 3 new reward boxes..

Not sure how much in game time that involved but WOW in order to fix whatever was wrong they had to back the game up that much?
  11. Jennacide New Player

Yeah, I experienced a bit of that myself yesterday. Playing along, completed quite a few things and poof! DC. Waited for restart and logged in... I had lost roughly (and this is only a guess) the past hour or so of gameplay. I just basically logged off for the rest of the day in frustration but you're right, that's one heck of a rollback!
  12. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

I should have been more clear. This downtime was unplanned, resulting from hardware failure. Because of how the world came down and depending on what you were doing, characters may have rolled back a few minutes.
    • Like x 3
  13. Stranger Well-Known Player

Yea, no problem. I just dropped Black Neon, Bloody Knife, Phoenix Feather, Void Essence and other expensive stuff in that time...
    *Kidding*
    But imagine if that had happened, i would have rage uninstalled the game. :eek:
  14. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Ehhh not a big deal Mepps…. I only brought it up because it was a pretty good sized roll back. I can't be sure but I'd guess maybe about 20 or even 30 minutes of time I played were lost. Hey I just finished the missions in BOP and went back and clicked on stuff again in DOS.. LOL Now that was my experience but I suppose that some one could have lost everything they did in a raid..thiose folks were probably not as happy.

But as you said.. it was not a planned event. Something went wrong and the game went down. Your guys fixed it as best they could. I still get a kick out of the guy that was upset because we didn't get a message before it happened. Dang if only everything worked like that...

I am driving down the road and a message flashes across my windshield..

"Caution in five minutes a guy named Harold will run a red light and hit your back fender. Please be sure your seat belt is secured and you should be fine"
    • Like x 1
  15. EP Ice Loyal Player

Yep, our group just completed BB and I was on a toon that hadn’t done it yet and when we tried to leave the instance nothing happened. The next thing you know, I am looking at the disconnect screen. I logged on today and it’s like it never happened. : (
    • Like x 2
  16. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Owwww Yeah now THAT has got to hurt. All I was doing was a few dailies with my CR 222 ALT to grab some extra source marks, nth metal, and in BOP some armor I could use to get stronger or salvage if it wasn't going to improve my stats. And in about 30 minutes I had all that back when things came back on line. But losing everything you probably got from a first time run sucks. Now you have to find another team and start all over :( Sorry to hear that and good luck with the next run
    • Like x 1
  17. The Game Well-Known Player

this lag is too much. Damn near unplayable
    • Like x 1
  18. MiLady Well-Known Player

Looks like the problem has returned on USPC. I am stuck at the Connecting... screen again. After waiting a few minutes, sometimes I get an error "The connection to the world was lost. <0x0008>.

When launching the game, I sometimes get an error that "Launchpad could not connect." Then a few seconds later, I see the sign in page of the launcher.
  19. UnderworldSelene Well-Known Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  20. UnderworldSelene Well-Known Player

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.