Updated Earth Ideas/Suggestions

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by BlueHoodie, Feb 7, 2014.

1. BlueHoodie New Player

First of all, I would like to state that I love Earth with all my heart, I also know that there are many amazing earth tank and dps players around. I've been playing rage for a while now and I've noticed that earth is pretty much a beta version of rage (a little fire/sorcery too), so here are my examples and ideas.

Upheaval-Dreadful Blast. Same animation type. Same casting time. Though upheaval severely lacks in the damage it should be giving. Make it as strong as DB, watch people make earth toons.

Debris Field-Galling Eruption. As soon as someone leaves Debris, they take no damage. With fire's inferno it keeps a dot on the target, ditto with rage. It could leave a dot relating to dazed/crushed PI.

Localized Tremor. Give it an aftershock going to x3. 1st one is the same, 2nd hit has a pebbles drifting away from the player, 3rd terrorizing nearby enemies while trapping enemies feet in the ground.

Tectonic Break-Enflame (sorta like violence). Besides dazing, TB hasn't got much reason to use. It costs a fair amount of power points+mana. Make it a dot, keep the PI, make initial hit strong (Basically enflame).

Striking stones-Shard of life. Same idea from the two but earth gets the short end of the stick by having no dot unless PI'd and it still gets a quick short dot.

Earthen Grip-RageBringer/Soul Siphon. Give EG the range and aoe of RB and set up the crushed PI on all enemies pulled (dps benefit).

Pebbleblast-Channel Hate/Vengeance. Not liking the result from this move, giving it a strong channeled beam is a top idea.

Sandblast. Just make it stronger, its the equivalent to 1/3 photon blast.

Tanking:

Brick is already a legend, though people are not using him on their loadout for T5 content. So what if Brick/ Crystal took ALL damage when damage shift is used and when you mitigate damage, he mitigates too. Seems OP? Good because damage shift on brick is high risk, you and the healers need to keep brick alive because if brick dies, you die.

Feel free to give me feedback on my ideas. I'd like earth to be a relevant power again
    • Like x 2
  2. Proto1118 Committed Player

3. BlueHoodie New Player

4. KemistiOMG Committed Player

or they could make bricks hp scale your cr or does it? not sure since it's has been a long time since i earth tanked
  5. Derio 15000 Post Club

People havent been using brick because even though his stats scale with your CR he always dies in T5 content even while being healed by a healers healing AOE.
  6. Tweek New Player

/wave hey op those are great ideas
  7. Dogico Loyal Player

I agree with bringing Earth up to par with other power's abilities, but I disagree with making them so similar. For instance Earthen Grip is completely fine as is for tanks or single target dps rotations, Rumblecrush is the power that needs looking into for aoe crushing.
  8. BlueHoodie New Player

I'd like to see brick used again, tanking seems bland without him
  9. FelixDuo Committed Player

I haven't played with Earth extensively enough to know all the little things that could use tweaking or fixing, but I do have some ideas anyway. Some of which are just off the top of my head and are probably terrible ideas.

Add aftershocks to more powers and make them cost less power, or even be free. Might require some rebalancing, but it would make precision Earth builds better and more diverse.

Totem could be better. Perhaps in DPS stance it could give a slight crit chance/damage buff to both you and your golem as long as you're in range. And maybe increase the pet healing while in tank mode. Also it should look like a crystal shard instead of a pointy rock.

Reinforce: Increase the crit rate buff to +10%. And personally I'd like it if they removed the visible rock fists.

And I don't know how they would do it, maybe by combining Crystal and Brick golems into one power slot like they're doing for the Fury and Watcher, but I'd like to see a power that has you stomp and cause a pillar of earth to erupt from under your target, knocking them into the air.
  10. Nebula153 Well-Known Player

These ideas aren't bad. I was Earth for a long time and I cannot even remember the last time I saw somebody using it.
  11. BlueHoodie New Player

Maybe totem could perform a stun every once in a while? So as it's healing your golem, its also stunning adds in melee range?