Update: Marks of Power

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Mepps, Jul 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sterl320 New Player

You haven't thought your idea through. If they change the marks you get from AF1 from MoF to MoP, then all the MoF people would have already accumulated would have to change to either MoP or MoT.

1. If they change from MoF to MoP, then that would give everyone at the max 100 free MoP, which would defeat the purpose of them changing it in the first place.

2. If they change from MoF to MoT, then they would have to change the currency for the AF1 vendor to MoT, which wouldn't be too bad, but would cause problems for the rare style vendor.

3. The rare style vendor only uses end game marks, which would mean the currency would have to change to MoP. If anyone was saving their MoF's (like me) to buy a style out of the vendor, they would lose all of the marks they saved since you wouldn't be able to use the MoT those MoF became. For the people that already have all of the rare styles & the styles you buy from MoT, Changing those MoF to MoT would be a waste. They would have nothing to buy with them, and would essentially be a waste of money if people spent a lot of replay badges to gain them since everyone thought HoP would use MoF. Not everyone would consider using them to get prestige since not everyone has or will have a league hall anytime soon.

So in conclusion, changing the marks you gain in AF1 from Marks of Fury to Marks of Power would just open the door to a lot more problems, leading to a lot more complaints needing a lot more fixing. But being able to choose to convert your MoF to MoP wouldnt disturb the rare style vendor (seeing as there are 2 in the test server for each mark right now), it wouldn't make the MoF already accumulated a complete waste for people, & AF1 content could still be used for progression, even if its just a little.

Example. if I ran all the AF1 content everyday for a week, I can reach cap that week, which will give me 20 MoP if I converted them. 20 MoP on top of the marks you gain from actually doing the HoP content is a lot of Marks.

"Who on earth is going to run Themyscira Divded if it takes about as long as the new alerts yet only gives the equivalent of 1 Mark of Power? You arrive at exactly the same problem, now." - This is only true if people chose to run AF1 content only to gain Marks of Power, which is something the devs dont want to happen. They want people to run HoP content in order to get HoP gear. That's also the reason why the best gear is only dropping from the HoP raids. But if people still want to use AF1 content for progression, then the only compromise I can think of is getting less MoP from that content than you could get from HoP. Personally, I would be glad to welcome 20 extra MoP a week if I can get them from AF1, & I would certainly still run AF1 content to get them, while running HoP1 content at the same time. But maybe that's just me.
  2. sterl320 New Player

Then I guess this doesn't have anything to do with you, but you're certainly still interested.
    • Like x 2
  3. sterl320 New Player

You see the pages upon pages of how people are disagreeing with this change? Only thing I'm trying to put forward is some conflict resolution . Let the devs do what they want to do, while giving the players something they want as well. This game is about the players more then the devs.
  4. Mister Brees New Player

I personally think that what they are doing. When AF1 came out I remember a hefty amount of comments about not wanting to spend fury on consumables and 5 exp synths. I think the change is great for that simple reason. I would refuse to spend end game marks on anything other than gear, now I don't have to.
  5. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

No it doesn't. Otherwise that's what would be happening when this change goes live. All it would mean is all Marks of Fury that have been obtained and unspent to that point would remain as Marks of Fury but the content which used to drop Marks of Fury would begin dropping Marks of Power instead.

Irrelevant and unrelated

No, because the developers have taken the liberty of introducing a new vendor with prices in Marks of Power. There's no reason why this can't exist in a game where all the T6 content is dropping Marks of Power instead.

You don't need to explain to me what the developers are doing. I completely understand why they are doing it. It's still the wrong and worst decision for the community.

Your only positive remark so far in the entire discussion has been that it prevents people from hoarding marks before the DLC launches. That's a valid point. It doesn't require DLC10's content to be taken out of the progression grind in order for that issue to be resolved, though.

People should be allowed to run whatever Tier 6 content they want in order to earn marks to buy gear. Plain and simple. The reason for the change is suddenly to do with the ethics of allowing people to progress too quickly. Which is complete bollocks anyway because they allow players to purchase and use replay badges not to mention drop the best gear, unattuned, over THREE raids. If anything is speeding up progress, it's walking into a raid, beating a boss and getting Level 94 Feet. That's 45 Marks the player doesn't need to grind, right there.

The simplest solution is to adjust the costs of the gear. This keeps replay badges viable and enables us to run whatever content we wish. For whatever reason, they won't do that. In one breath they're telling me that the reason is they don't want casual gamers to fall behind in the progression race. In another breath they're telling me they want me to revisit DLC10 in order to farm marks for consumables and styles I missed. It's just mindbogglingly illogical.
    • Like x 3
  6. Kid Sorbet New Player

And what's horrible is that this is now going to happen with EVERY SINGLE DLC. I'm sorry, but that's a huge drag to me. We should have a range of content to play across tiers that can help with our progression.

And if the devs think people complain about a lack of content now they're going to go deaf from the complaints of not enough content per DLC if we're restricted to only that DLCs content for progression.

There have been a lot of questionable decisions made for the direction of this game but this is hands down the very worst imo.
    • Like x 4
  7. KidMidnight Loyal Player

the way you're describing going about things sounds far more limiting. i'm actually neither for nor against this change. i think right now the devs are doing what they think is best to insure dlc 11 has some weight to it and that we have to work to get through it. it will change down the road. thats inevitable.

why over analyze? if you have an extra hundred marks floating around you wanted to use for 94cr gear use it to buy 92cr pieces to demat and get your league some top tier prestige or buy some expert synth mods for the 93 pieces you'll be getting in alerts. enjoy the new content. its 3 8 main and 2 four man instances...not two duos and an alert. there will be more to do. when that starts to get unbearable go back and run old content for fun or to help friends out or to score some styles you didnt get the first go around.

just like always.
    • Like x 1
  8. TrueOlympus New Player

I kinda agree with this statement. This is the worst fully intentional decision I've seen the Devs make in a long time. One where they aren't pressured by time or any other factors. I don't remember ANYONE complaining about too much content.... EVER
    • Like x 8
  9. Kid Sorbet New Player

Except that what the devs are telling us is that the slate gets wiped with every DLC and the endgame community will then be limited to running only what's in that DLC for progression. Not having expansive Tiers in which players can enjoy a range of content toward progression is a first and it's going to become very tedious.
    • Like x 5
  10. GammaGreenLantern New Player

People like you just do not take into account that alot of people do not have the time to run alerts/raids everyday or even every week and that alot of people prefer solo/duo content (some to the extent that they run those exclusively)...

The devs are making it so that everyone is forced to exclusively do large content to progress and it is wrong....they ask for input then when most of the playerbase rejects their idea they ignore them and plunge ahead. The devs main reason for this is to ensure the sale of replay badges...pretty slimey business tactics....

I have over 2500 replays and prefer large group content by far but even I still know how disgusting this move is...
    • Like x 4
  11. Crackin New Player

Basically their is no more top tier , just latest DLC with a minimal CR requirement.
    • Like x 1
  12. Jeazy Baby Dedicated Player

It seems to me like they are making the Mark of "Fury" specific to Amazon "Fury" 1,2 &3. and the Mark of "Power" go with Halls of "Power". this does make me wonder what mark is coming with War of the Light 2 & 3 though...

It seems like a good way for them to get replay badge sales...
    • Like x 1
  13. KidMidnight Loyal Player

so basically were worried that running five new raids and operations that havent been released yet is going to be tedious and that we need the amazon fury content to make up for it and keep us busy...
  14. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Depends on how you look at it. I can run 5 tiers of content giving me a lot more options for now, and then run 6 tiers when the 6th tier is released, and so on. I'm not limited to only running 5 instances that way. I can run 69 different instances, and then 85+ once tier 6 is finished. 69 gives me a lot more options than 5, and that doesn't even include all the dailies available.
    • Like x 1
  15. Kid Sorbet New Player

No. As I've posted before, I'm thrilled with the content of HoP. I'm horrified about three month old DLCs becoming instantly obsolete. Whether that's Amazon Fury now or Halls of Power around November/ December. Think about the big picture.

Nope. It was confirmed that each new DLC from now on will have a new mark. So AF2 will have a different mark than Fury and HoP2 will have a different mark than Power.
  16. StarshipAwesome Well-Known Player

Uh...Loche addressed these points on page 30.
  17. sterl320 New Player

1. If they don't change the already accumulated & unspent Marks of Fury to Marks of Power, then I would have nothing to spend those Marks of Fury on. They will will just sit in my currency. I won't even be able to use those marks in the AF1 vendor because the currency changed to MoP, & I was working on getting a strategos gear so I can get the feat. Now I would have to start over and gain MoP. You're saying that everybody better spend their marks of fury now, because when the next DLC drops, they will be completely useless. People might as well not even run AF1 content anymore until the drops change. What good is it to get Marks of Fury now when in a bout a week you won't even be able to use them?

3. Hypothetically, If I had 50 Marks of Fury right now, but then tomorrow the DLC dropped. If I can no longer gain Marks of Fury, I wont be able to reach the 70 i need to get a style, meaning that I would now have to start from 0 Marks of Power. That's about 3 days of Marks of fury going down the drain, or better yet, just sitting there, useless.

The devs simply can't ignore the fact that people spent time & money on getting those Marks. I mean is that what you're saying? All of the replay badges people spent to get these marks because of the initial statement saying that HoP would use MoF's should now just be deemed unimportant?
  18. StarshipAwesome Well-Known Player

At first guess...Marks of Light?
    • Like x 1
  19. Crackin New Player

Nope. It was confirmed that each new DLC from now on will have a new mark. So AF2 will have a different mark than Fury and HoP2 will have a different mark than Power.[/quote]

Confirmed today , changed at their convenience. They already said you will need DLC 10 or 11 to get into DLC 12 ( minimal 104cr ). It's small content so they will uniform it. Those fickle Devs $$$
    • Like x 1
  20. StarshipAwesome Well-Known Player

This is the situation they said they were trying to avoid. Burning through the content too quickly.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.