Work In Progress Update: Episode 13 and 14 Mark Relevancy

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Mepps, May 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Solmes202 Loyal Player

One mark per STACK would be far more reasonable
  2. UltraVillain Committed Player

While this is an improvement it leaves in place a mechanism that fundamentally undermines the benefit of progression, systematically excluding worthwhile content from the player the more they play. It still fails to allow the game to properly support lower tiers at a time when the most significant proportion of the player base is at end game.

I understand the need to focus rewards on the newer tiers, however reaching a point where nothing is given for older content will adversely impact on new starters with the game and will isolate instances and worlds fracturing the population and creating the impression (rightly or wrongly) that the game is dying.

What there needs to be is a tapering effect on rewards toward progress....one that makes the new content the most enticing but equally something that leaves older content and the larger game still feeling worthwhile (acutely so in the case of solo and duo content where feats are usually the first to be achieved in full).

It is in everyones best interest to encourage us to enjoy everything the game has to offer as opposed to railroading us into increasingly smaller subsets of it.
  3. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The On Duty descriptions have not been updated yet. We wanted to get the change in as quickly as possible, and not hold it for the text.

Whether you are playing or replaying has absolutely no impact on your drop chances.
    • Like x 6
  4. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

As there was always a 1, 2, 3> value progression, why not do the same? i.e. Cat 1's are 5 for 1 MoV, Cat 2's are 3 for 1 MoV and Cat 3's and up are 1 for 1. Yes, you still need to burn relevant marks for Cats, but at least for the cheaper ones you get a bit more value for your spend.

I'm wishing I would have had the fore-thought to buy mountains of the things before the upgrade. I'm all ready a DCUO millionaire but I could have been a billionaire!

BTW, you can still make prime sodas for the create feat. It might get expensive, but that's cash v.s. marks at least. And you'd be the most popular guy in your league for handing out 10,000 sodas. Or sell them back and take the 2 million $ hit. I'd rather lose 2 Mil then buy all the cats even at a progressive purchase price.

Reinheld
  5. L T Devoted Player

While all this is welcome news, if you extend the relevancy of Patrol Catastrophe could you consider making it challenging again? When it was first released it was a decent challenge to complete at low (106) CR and quickly became my favorite content to test with. Now it's a complete joke. It seems maybe a little harder-- I needed to use sodas to finish it today and I actually died, but this is with CR105, no equipment mods, and 7 skill points.
    • Like x 1
  6. Helios The Eternal Flame Dedicated Player

As always, I'm fashionably late to the party. Thank you guys. Really. You've taken a beating the past few weeks that really wasn't deserved. There's a lot of misinformation out there. You met us half-way, and for that you deserve praise. Drinks on me.......just don't overdue it Mepps...;)
  7. Duragon Committed Player

Nice job. Didn't need to come on and explain, I'm sure we would have figured it out. But the fact you took the time to type this out for us is is very telling of your character. I appreciate it. Thanks for the update. Again, thanks for implementing this as quickly as you did. I can't wait to get home. I have alot of stuff to do!
    • Like x 1
  8. Duragon Committed Player

Yea, not alot of people knew about this, but my league was running these religiously. With the duo, and the three alerts, it's 4 extra marks a day, 21 extra marks for the week. That's serious. And it keeps those alerts and duos relevant. I can't tell you the last time I ran Coast City alert. Awesome.
    • Like x 2
  9. KratTheDefiler Well-Known Player

Good, now I can jump into the new DLC!!! Thanks DCUO!
  10. TrueArchon Dedicated Player

The increase in chance for drops should be disabled for players who spam the hell out of replays keep it fair for those who don't have the means to spend entire paychecks on replays. Those who run the content as it comes every week. This game is one nanometer away from the line of Pay-To-Win.
  11. moh Level 30

Great! Now the concept is consistent and it's good to see that you listen to the community.

Thank you!
  12. NesT New Player

but this is active or not? because i complete Nexus with a cr 118 and... i get a sweet ****....

Being honestly i like the new single mark but i dont like the treatment of this....because now almost all of the content is useless if you decided continue to the content of the DLC 14....no marks, no party!

A lot of players have a amount of old styles to buy for complete the feats, but if they wanna continue to HoP II, the mount of the marks earned per day are drastically reduced

And is a little bit boring play always the same alerts and raids (AFII &HoPII)

So, its ok the including of Amazon Fury II but is not enough....i think that all T6 raids/alerts have to drop marks at least until cr 120
  13. SkullGang Devoted Player

Hell.To.The.No

That's 4 CR off the T7 vendor gear. No Tier has had that much content available at release. You think people gearing up is fast now ? People would be able to get a full vendor set in one week without replays.
    • Like x 1
  14. NesT New Player

Full vendor set in one week = no life
  15. FutureDoom New Player

i completely agree

i have been playing DCUO since it went f2p ages ago, after a year of doing f2p decided to go Legendary, along with my brother. Even though my brother plays this game religiously and has 5 maxed toons, i on the other hand focus more on styling and getting my character customized and looking cool, and dont care much for cr. i normally play one dlc back, despite being legendary. But feel the route this game is going is forcing grinding and forcing ppl to pay. i play now and again, when i do play i normally try to just enjoy my self playing a some relaxed PVE (so much fun in doing just GoT/Seeds/Unpaid) and then with friends take on the more serious side of PVP(villians rule!). But the game wants to force me to be serious and grind out PVE because it tells you to do "this" as only "this" will reward you with marks. if you dont, say good bye to your friends and say hello to solo (thought this was an MMO?).

In the end, it just feels the game looking for a way to stay relevant, but just cant find what DCUO stands for. It is trying too hard to break free of all the other MMO models, but failing and losing members. u can see it on the servers, less and less players. Have we forgotten the days of grouping up and waiting for Sub Avatars. Instead of just one raid party, Massive leagues, with 4-5 raid groups just waiting to take down one Boss?

RIP DCUO
    • Like x 2
  16. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

I remember when we would have 3 or 4 raid groups running stuff now on most good night's there might be enough to run a alert if your lucky it's sad really those were some good times and sadly there gone for good in DCUO.
  17. Bam626 New Player

Hey this is a little off topic but I've encountered an issue with trying to buy shepherd of adara gear ( blue lantern gear) from the vendor on mogo. It doesn't show up when I talk to him and instead an extra set of dps scion of ion gear appears. I was wondering if anyone else has encountered this problem or if the location changed with the update? I tried with one of my main toons and even made a new one and still encountered this problem. Any help insight or aid would be much appreciated as my main toon was created solely to be a blue lantern.
  18. StealthBlue Loyal Player

You won't see the blue lantern set until you can do War of the Light part 2 content (I believe its CR105 now). Otherwise the vendor will show T6 generator mods (maybe synthetics), then the T5 gear (precision DPS, might DPS, then role specific).

This is good for people leveling up, so they don't have to scroll through 2 sets of gear that they can't equip to get to the gear they need. But it can be confusing if you just read that the set is supposed to be in that vendor and don't see it.

Hopefully if the new UI ever comes out of mothballs, it would take care of this in some way.
    • Like x 2
  19. Sbel Devoted Player

You have to be 106 to see it.
  20. Bam626 New Player

Thanks guys really appreciate the help!!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.