Unable to edit chat colours

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by Statman, Oct 26, 2013.

1. Statman New Player

I've recently had to install DCUO onto another PS3 and the first thing I try to do (coz it was bugging me, lol) was adjust all the chat channel colours to match how they were on the PS3 I had previously played on.

I was unable to do this.

- I attempted changing them and they wouldn't save.
    - I deleted all DC Universe Online files from my Saved Data Utility folder (both chat configuration and AV and game settings), followed by restarting the game. Still wouldn't save.
    - I once again deleted these files, then shut down/restarted my PS3 and re-entered the game. Still wouldn't save.

I am unsure of what else I might be able to try to get this to work, but if anyone has advice, I'll hear it. I'm assuming the issue is the over-writing of the already created configuration files. I recall this was a bug from launch til about a year into the game, maybe this has resurfaced.

This is by no means a huge bug, but I figured reporting it is better than leaving it be.
  2. danielqpk New Player

You can change chat colors? :eek:
    HOW?
    I'm serious in two and a half years I never knew that . :eek: :eek: :eek:
  3. Statman New Player

Lol... in game settings, under chat settings.

If you scroll down to whatever tab you want to edit, you'll see an option to edit it pop up at the bottom (square for PS3) and you can go in and change the colours of each channel.

Mine isn't working though :(
  4. Statman New Player

No one else having this issue? Doh...

I'll recheck this tonight to make sure I wasn't just glitchy at the time.
  5. Statman New Player

While I didn't check it straight away (as I said I would) I can now confirm that I am still unable to change the colours of text of my various chat channels.

It really makes me wish I had uploaded my DCUO configuration files to PS+ cloud server to copy to the PS3 I'm currently using, coz it was perfect before I changed system. :(
  6. Statman New Player

I'm still encountering this issue, and while I acknowledge it might just be me (or people have had their chat colours set when this stopped working, hence not noticing the issue) it's still something that bugs me, coz I'm used to other colours, lol.

I'll just keep commenting every couple of days to see if others face this issue.
  7. bareheiny 10000 Post Club

Remind me the next time we're on at the same time, and I'll check if colour changes stick for me.

I'll be putting my old crappy hdd back in the PS3 soon, so that'll be a good time to check as well.
    • Like x 1
  8. Statman New Player

I am still unable to change my chat colours, this time I decided to reset my chat tab (subsequently deleting custom chats i had set up) and I was still unable to do so.

This time I will note that I am a PS+ member and I do have auto updating to the cloud turned on. I'm not sure if this would cause an issue, as the game is still accessing the files stored on my PS3 rather than the ones stored on the cloud.

I will try to remind you next time I see you bareheiny, lol.
  9. bareheiny 10000 Post Club

Yeah, sorry Stat....memory like a goldfish!
  10. Statman New Player

Just to update, bareheiny was able to change his chat colours, so it may be a 'me only' bug. If anyone else is willing to test it out and give feedback here, let me know. Otherwise, I'm just going to submit a ticket to see if there's an issue with my files.

Reference number: #131108-000523
  11. Statman New Player

Just to follow up on this, the ticket I sent in did result in a fix for me. By checking my assets (R1 R2 L1 L2) on load up this seemed to fix the issue. However, it only allowed one chance at editing and it was back to the original issue at hand. Once again the workaround worked upon logging in the next time and all is fine with the world.

This may be something you want to look into though, as it seems to be a recurring issue.