Unable to buy 285 gear from Vendor

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Drathmor, Feb 8, 2021.

1. Drathmor Unwavering Player

recently hopped back on to try and reconnect with some old leaguemates.
    Ran all the content to get marks and raised Cr to 310
    go to the vendor in century 32 and there are no red scripts claiming a reason to block a purchase but only get
    Vendor error when trying to purchase end game gear
    have plenty of marks and the required Cr lvl and cost is 2000 and have 3000 yet for some reason I cant purchase

have been premium several times in history of game and legendary for most of it and clearly remember fighting 7 years or so ago for the price of gear being below the premium threshold and Devs allowing it.

yet now a returning player who is trying to decide to play again is blocked from buying gear with no messaging

hopefully this is a bug of some sort brought on by a recent game update or you can bet i'll be going right back on hiatus and will not be resubbing
  2. Eve YouTuber

You have to be a member to buy the current episode gear (Legion) or own the episode.
    • Like x 3
  3. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

What Zoe said, endgame gear is for members and episode owners only.
    • Like x 2
  4. StealthBlue Loyal Player

Do you own the episode/have an active membership? That is required to both get in the end game versions of the instances and get the end game rewards (vendor gear, and I believe augments and the op item/catalyst). After the next episode comes out, if open episodes are still active, you would then be able to buy the legion vendor gear.

We've pretty much always had the requirement that you have to own the episode or be a member to buy that episode's vendor gear. Though, open episodes and the event version of end game have somewhat obscured that. With open episodes, you have access to the vendor gear along with the instances (with increases loot lockout times) for content below end game. For the latest episode you only have access to the event version and event rewards unless you buy the episode or subscribe.
    • Like x 1
  5. Drathmor Unwavering Player

you wouldn't happen to know when this change was made because I was current up till metal one and this was not a restriction then.

and i was premium and still able to get gear to be ready for next DLC with the event version of the game content
  6. Eve YouTuber

Because all other episodes are open episodes and you can buy the gear with source marks (Most)
    this is been like this as long as I can remember. Legion is only a preview
    • Like x 1
  7. Drathmor Unwavering Player

I'm sorry but that in green is not true from my experience now the diction between open and event? but I was playing event content just to keep current for most recent episodes up except for the last two or three episodes i've been on hiatus
  8. Drathmor Unwavering Player

so is this a change they are going with to make it harder on premiums by making a diction between open and preview as that seems counterproductive in getting old members from returning. if i get hooked again I always resub and come back but things like this is part of what has always driven me away in the first place. the purchase by Daybreak was the beginning of this squeezing cycle and it only got worse under Jackster and his neverwinter add ons
  9. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

It is though. Before 2020 you needed to either have an active membership or own the episode in order to play that episode's normal/elite content (with the exception of event version content which is capped and open to everyone) and purchase most episode specific rewards. It's one of the perks of being a subscriber.

Since 2020 due to Covid-19, they've been running an open episodes event where all content and rewards (except the most current episode) are open to anyone that meets the CR requirement.
    • Like x 2
  10. StealthBlue Loyal Player

Read the very next sentence after the one you highlighted...

As I said open episodes also give you access to vendor gear. If open episodes go away, you would no longer have access to buy vendor gear for episodes you don't own, unless you have an active membership.

The event version of end game is different from open episodes, and has been active several times when open episodes were not. You have never been able to play the end game instances or buy the end game vendor gear unless you own the episode or are a member.

When the next episode comes out, the event version of legion will go away, and legion will become an open episode (if open episodes continue). At that time you would be able to buy the legion vendor gear even if you don't own the episode and aren't subscribed.
    • Like x 1
  11. Drathmor Unwavering Player

I greatly appreciate the responses from the three of you. I thought I was losing my mind when i kept getting vendor request denied. I guess that clears that up for me and you have my thanks. I do believe there should be clear messaging added to the vendor that episode needs to be purchased as i wouldn't have wasted my time with the CR climb guess it's back to ESO for me thanks again. I might try again in future as I do have a love hate relationship with DC like a battered spouse but it's changed so much. the Jim Lee art being gone just breaks my heart among many other things some of which i pointed out to Zoe.. Peace and happy gaming
    • Like x 2
  12. StealthBlue Loyal Player

I have a feeling the "requires episode ownership/membership" red text is disabled globally while open episodes are active, because I'm sure it was there before open episodes (for all the episodes that were out at the time). There should be a way to display it just in the current episode, just like the requirement only exists for the current episode. But I'm not sure how that's set up in the code.
    • Like x 1
  13. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

If the current pattern during this open episodes event holds, Legion will probably become fully open shortly after the next new episode goes live. That should be in the ballpark of March/April.
  14. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

As Lorax said, and as long as open eps continue, I'd expect Legion to go into open if not immediately on the new DLC launch, shortly thereafter (I think Wonderverse took a week or 2). Build up and save your marks now, buy gear later. The only frustrating thing on my premiums at this point is I'm at 999 time beacons and don't have anything to spend them on as almost all the time beacon stuff is also behind ownership/membership and once it is in open eps, I'll need a TON of time beacons to get the feat related stuff done....so more bounty spamming...woo hoo!