U29: Vulnerability Icons (NO OPTION TO TURN THEM OFF!)

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by SeekXploit, Aug 20, 2013.

1. SeekXploit New Player

You just proved my point.
  2. Trexlight Devoted Player

You're absolutely right, I did. Well pardon me, I need to get back to making DCUO Videos because I'm not worried about some little icons on the screen and neither are my viewers. Cheers :D
    • Like x 1
  3. Superpatriot Dedicated Player

LOL

What is the deal with the icons for videos? They don't downgrade the quality of a video. The only reason I can see anybody complaining about the icons showing would be the ego driven folks on PC that don't want anybody to see that they're using macros in arenas.
    • Like x 1
  4. SeekXploit New Player

When you are trying to create a more "cinematic" video, or if you just want something clean to go with a particular song, the icons just make that awkward. It's like watching a movie on national television with an added watermark or having a nice car with a stupid bumper sticker on it. It ruins it.

It has nothing to do with ego, at least for me. I don't care if there are giant icons on your screen to guide you to a win. It's pointless for me and I just want it off my screen.
  5. TroEL Dedicated Player

The real question is, why would they release it in the first place without the option to turn them off.

Chew on that one for a minute.
  6. Trexlight Devoted Player

They had to because they have deadlines and obligations to meet. Im sure they felt that the player base would want the icons instead of waiting even longer for them. This in toe, goes along with "damn if you do, damn if you dont". They could have waited til they got the buttons to work but really, the community would complain either way. The yrecognized the need for the button even before we mentioned it to them on the Test Server, it was in Spytle's opening remarks when opening the discussion. Just takes a bit of time for them to work the programming out.
  7. TroEL Dedicated Player

I don't deem any of that as acceptable behavior by competent developers of this game...or any game for that matter. I never saw anyone ask for these icons and all the sudden I have these huge, ugly, poorly thought out monstrosities over my dome...without any way to turn them off.

If they were going to implement this, get it right the first time. There wasn't such a clamoring for these that they had to rush them (none that I saw anyway). In turn, if for some reason there was an outcry for these ridiculous things, they were by players who obviously can't grasp the mechanics of this game and could've waited a little longer until a coherent product was available.

It's far too often these types of issues arise and people come out of the woodwork to defend these egregious errors in judgment when they should be outraged as a paying customer.
  8. Trexlight Devoted Player

Meh, Im just gonna walk away from all this now. Try giving reasonable explanation and where the Devs are trying to help the player base but people are gonna complain til they are blue in the face. Carry on.
  9. Deranya Dedicated Player

Sometimes I really want to burn something just from reading some comments and imagine its them ...
  10. game007dad Well-Known Player

It could be that the on/off feature is part of the DLC & that they decided to release the visual update to address the numerous complaints about the old graphic.
  11. TroEL Dedicated Player

Keep white knighting these devs and see where that gets you.