Turtle tank changes in stat matter...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by darkscarletx, Jan 11, 2017.

1. darkscarletx Loyal Player

Didn`t change right?
    Because I will love tanking more without the need to only block all the time.
  2. MaverickRaven657 Well-Known Player

Bah! I love turtle tanking! It should be different strokes for different folks. Every tank shouldn't be a combo/battle tank. If I wanted that I would have easily bought a respec token.
    • Like x 1
  3. darkscarletx Loyal Player

I don`t tank anymore because i was bored to always block.
    • Like x 1
  4. MaverickRaven657 Well-Known Player

Trust me, I get it. But with the revamp it looks like all tanking is more action oriented a la atomic. Really turned me off.
  5. darkscarletx Loyal Player

Sorry it will. But for me i will enjoy it more.
    • Like x 1
  6. spack2k Steadfast Player

no, u should be able to choose between turtling and battle tanking with every single power and not be forced to switch power everytime u want to change ur tanking style.
    • Like x 4
  7. Erin Arror Dedicated Player

The choice (and variety) is gone.

No thanks.
  8. darkscarletx Loyal Player

Okay, why not have both style then. Didn`t say about remove the turtle but having the no turtle choice. Fine for me with both.
  9. darkscarletx Loyal Player

Both styles then. I want to not turtle anymore but i don`t mind the turtle choice stay for those who still want it. I just don`t tank anymore because i don`t like to only block.
  10. bmce84 Loyal Player

Sadly it's not a choice anymore, they made it so DPS are so weak that even trolls can beat them and Tanks need to do damage in order to beat content, eventually the DPS role will just be wiped out if this continues to be the trend.
  11. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

"Go battle Tanks! :) "
  12. xXHeadlinerXx Dedicated Player

We have both styles now. If you like combo tanking, go Atomic.
  13. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

I didn't mind turtle tanking.
  14. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Turtle tanking is horrible. Most are slow and get people killed because they don't understand how pulls work, single or multi target. Now, I will give fire the benefit of the doubt. That's just how their power is played. Ice, earth, rage, and atomic all have the ability to not be turtles. This is not exclusive to atomic.

I think fire tanks will be SUPER happy from the news, maybe. Bad news about all of this. NO ONE ASKED FOR ANY OF THIS! They are still only working on ice, the easiest of the tank powers. How are all the cool downs gonna work for rage? How will atomic work without AM? Will earth be forced to not used brick? What will fire look like?

We are way to far away to be happy or sad with what we see on test. Lots of work still needs to be done.
    • Like x 1
  15. VariableFire Loyal Player

Why the "even trolls" comment? Before the WM/AM boosts that was a fairly common thing. Sometimes healers could do it too.
  16. Swiftduck Loyal Player

Wrong
  17. darkscarletx Loyal Player

I don`t like atomic much. I played tank as fire often and had to block a lot. And not fan of combos.
  18. Raijin1999 Loyal Player

Alls i'm going to say is that if a tank is forced into combat (which I like), then their combat contributions have to be more meaningful. Either that means support roles are going to be pulling more weight on the damage factor, or that the CC system is going to be adjusted in a way that allows the tank to control without question, where previously their efforts to control a target could be undermined by immunities that were given by other party members CC'ing the same target.
  19. Lt Skymaster Dedicated Player

What's funny is you don't even get blue immunities in the bosses from new content. That's even greater!

(sarcastic ofc)
  20. bmce84 Loyal Player

because it's not what they said, this proves support roles are getting more damage than dps.

not wrong and there's a couple of videos to show it.