Tsunami Strikes and PvP

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Balistical lce, Sep 4, 2017.

1. Balistical lce Well-Known Player

I think the devs should take a look into Tsunami Strikes and PvP. It is not uninterruptible. I was just in a 1v1 Arena with a PvP CR of 97, specced full dps. No support role specced or modded. Nothing but might. He was in healer role but full 97 dps gear, and im almost completely 100 PvP CR, and i couldn't do anything to him. He literally kept spamming Bubble, then Tsunami Strikes. Over and Over and over again. And there was nothing i could do. It got really frustrating to the point where i just stopped and I took the L. That needs to be looked into.
    • Like x 2
  2. loupblanc Dedicated Player

Water can do a 3 shield loadout, since they have 2 shields and can get the HL shield from Iconics. Iirc, they have an SC shield as well?

So yeah, best counter is to be a troll powerset that can also rotate 3 shields, with an SC shield (or heal SC) plus debuffs and p0t.

And assuming both people don't make too many mistakes, 2 opponents can be on a node for over 30 mins with no end in sight.

I don't think Tsunami Strikes is CC immune so if you can only rotate 2 shields, then you must use CC heavy moves to CC your opponent out (eg Whirling Dervish or Whirlwind Attack) while you are waiting for your shield to come off cooldown.
    • Like x 1
  3. Balistical lce Well-Known Player

Speaking of CC, i went against a Mental troll today and oh my god, he was PftT and was spamming nothing but stuns. Every1 second i was getting stunned and there was nothing i could do. That was aggravating as hell
  4. loupblanc Dedicated Player

The only proper fix to power spamming is disabling Superpowered in Arenas and tuning Weapon/Hybrid power in to mimic previous levels.

The only counters to a 3 shield loadout Mental troll is another 3 shield loadout troller powerset or Ice (dps/tank) or Atomic/Fire tank. Atomic combo healing is being reduced in pvp though.
  5. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

The same for the sword combo. People said water was broken for pvp and it still went live. It's mainly because pvp is always at the bottom of the list. I do legends for pvp the most to avoid things like this.
  6. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

I made a thread about this exploit and got to take a vacation for a week. My main PVP character is mental too.
  7. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

Wrong answer....VERY WRONG ANSWER.
    The cooldowns need to be adjusted on the spam powers that are being exploited or the CC needs to be removed. Basically the same thing that was done with the JacksterHammer.
  8. loupblanc Dedicated Player

Wrong. Think it through please.

Disabling Superpowered and reducing power in to mimic previous values will drastically reduce spamming opportunities.

Yes, they can still spam but they will not be able to spam infinite ala AM era in pvp or current era with the good power in from Superpowered that mimics dd style AM power regeneration.

Reducing power in reduces chances of people spamming Mental Ambush Pain or Gadgets Surprise Attack.

Reducing power in reduces the power efficiency of any loadout and drastically prevents people from spamming shields in a 3 shield loadout + Shield SC.

If talking about CC moves, two of the worst offenders are the Whirlwind attack from Flight and the Whirling Dervish from Super Speed. They do great CC, decent damage at decent base 200 power cost.
  9. Balistical lce Well-Known Player

They banned you?
    • Like x 1
  10. Ringz Dedicated Player

They knew what they release. Water can just join the club with the other powers that are uncounterable
    • Like x 1
  11. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

Tsunami Strikes needs to be looked at in PVP ASAP.
  12. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

I don't have issues with spamming powers it's mostly the CC that's associated with them that need to be drastically reduced via diminishing returns or removed all together.

I don't have issues with CC but.................... CC should not be able to be spammed either.
    If players can spam CC then Tanks should be able to spam breakouts & CC debuffs too. I would be against that as well but I hope you see where I am coming from.