Trying to get back in the game

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by chaoticRE, May 31, 2015.

1. chaoticRE Well-Known Player

So I'm trying to get back into dc but since I can't afford a ps4 at the moment I thought I'd give PC a try but I made a new character and from what I'm reading on the forums it seems that end tier people (which in dc is everyone) don't or refuse to run lower tier content due to the changes in dc. So my question is the leveling, the money, and most important the time worth it to get back into this game? Love dc but I just do to want to deal with a headache when I get to a high enough tier
  2. mightybugthe1st New Player

It's true that the incentive to run lower content is pretty much null and void now for higher tiered players, but keep in mind... there are ALWAYS new players coming to the game or ones like yourself who are returning from a hiatus.

As for myself, I've come close to throwing in the towel with many of the new changes, but I'm trying to be less critical and just enjoy the game for what it has become... a completely different animal. I just started recruiting for a new league on one of my toons, and since the dev's have forced our hand at growing HUGE leagues just to open and maintain League Halls, I've had to resort to ninja inviting lowbies in fairly fresh off the ship. I managed to nab about fifty people while just farming low level NPC's in a few hours by inviting the odd one I see without a league... so that's a pretty clear indication people are still checking the game out.

I'm on PS3, so I can't speak to PC, but I know that's the case with the population for Playstation NA servers.

You said it yourself, you love dc. You've already answered your own question. Just take the new changes with a huge grain of salt and try to stay open minded I guess. Stay free to play or Premium (if you have that access already) for a few weeks, and check it out. Worst comes to worst, you can always delete it if you hate what they've done to it.
  3. Sorrower New Player

Make sure you are on hero side. Villain side queues take eons at times. It's one of the reasons my villains get a lot less play time, even though I love my characters. Hero side seems pretty reasonable, so I wouldn't be too worried about it. I always see new people around and lower/non tier stuff is fairly fast to group up. The mid tier range is where it starts to slow down most, but it's not THAT bad and most stuff isn't a problem with a good league.
  4. Derio 15000 Post Club

Really hard on villains side to get lower lvl content done.