Triumph statues... Just... Why?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by 9001BPM, Jan 8, 2021.

1. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

It’s just really annoying to have stuff in a seasonal vendor redded out because I couldn’t finish a ridiculously difficult raid from 4 years ago. Why would you do this? :(
    • Like x 1
  2. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Because those who accept the greater challenge deserve a decent reward. If you feel entitled to this reward, get out of your comfort zone and step up to the challenge.
    • Like x 11
  3. PolarisSylar Committed Player

Some things you could do :
    1. Have a character to run the content for the raid. Then which defeating that boss. Let's you have say to get that triumph items.
    2. Wait till ,next year, when your character is at certain CR because your character is CR is too low.
    3. Wait till next another free advanced CR token, then run those raids , for those bosses.

4. You mentioned you haven't run the raids from years ago , you at relevancy which means you can run those instances raids for bosses, so just run them then , simply that.
    • Like x 3
  4. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

It’s freaking base items in a freaking seasonal. Plus, old content traffic issues are well known.
  5. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Yeah I could just run it... except it’s DARKSEID’S WAR FACTORY. :(
    • Like x 1
  6. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We think it is fun to play the game and then display your accomplishments, especially with a 10-year retrospective theme for the anniversary. Many players likely have a few holes in their boss victories, and we hope this will encourage people to revisit this content during the event.
    • Like x 26
  7. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

If it's just "freaking base items" what's the fuss about? You have two choices....make excuses and complain, or get your group together and get what you feel entitled to. The power to attain what you want is in YOUR hands....and not RNG.
    • Like x 10
  8. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Like Darkseid’s War Factory? Couldn’t you have chosen literally any other raid?!
    • Like x 1
  9. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

which raid are you talking about specifically? Trigon can be killed solo right now and any group of 4 high cr players can kill Darkseid. The others were all easy at launch afaik

That said the items should be tradeable, give people a incentive to beat the raids but also let everyone have a second option/a option to get the items in the future
    • Like x 1
  10. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Darkseid and Nekron. Not too worried about Nekron because that was due to a hiatus/apathy but Darkseid? :( That episode put me on another hiatus.
  11. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

I mean, you could random queue and beat it easily since like 2018, that's a 3 year window of the raid being easily *puggable*
    • Like x 2
  12. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I know that’s generally true. But DWF was a special case. Hours and hours of frustration lost in there. Nothing “normal” about that normal raid. It was cruel and unusual.
  13. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

The only thing I dont' like is that it would have been nice to get some sort of heads up. I know they wanted to keep things under wraps, but if we had a month's hint that a run through of some older raids 'might' help with the seasonal, it would have given us some time to get a group together to knock them out. As it stands we have about 30 days to do any or all missing ones, but with the fact that 90% of the runs being done appear to be split between legion bounties, WV bounties and now the seasonal bounties or runs, it might be tough to get all of them done.

Personally I have them all done, but I see the complaint and know a few people who are in the same boat where they have been out for a while, or we never concerned with these old runs back in the day...and now need to play catch up.

This is definitely a spot where having an AdjustableQueueSize would be a boon. A group of 4 or 5 (2 or 3 in some cases) could probably knock out most of the key ones quick...getting 8 to do them all will take a bit more work.

Time to brush up on your LFG skills I guess. DWF isn't that tough anymore....getting in might be though.

And look on the bright side. At least Hades from TOtD isn't in there. I still know groups of 330s who can't handle the mechanics of the Ares fight.
    • Like x 1
  14. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Or have them purchasable at a stupid high price (like 100+ marks) but the discount is applied if you beat the run. Still could be un-tradable, but if people are REALLY that adverse to running the old stuff, replay CC a few times and get the marks to buy them at full price. At a minimum they should be account bound.

I haven't checked yet, but are they league donatable?
    • Like x 1
  15. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Yeah, I remember doing TotD for that Amanda Waller thing a few months ago. That was rough.
  16. EconoKnight XIII Legion

I love the base items. And even with current, regular gear, the stuff in DWF melts now.
    • Like x 1
  17. Rejchadar Inquisitor

At this point, any of these raids presents no difficulties ... except for the waiting time in Q ... and players who are unfamiliar with the basic mechanics ...
    I wanted a statue on Darksaid on one of my alts, waited for about an hour ... and the group got disgusting, a bunch of players with CR above 300, they died like flies, and could not pass the first pair even ... and after 2 or 3 runs ran away ... Second attempt, again an hour of waiting ... now 10-15 minutes and bam!!! success...it took three hours, three damn hours on the old raid, but mostly waiting in Q, but still three damn hours....
    • Like x 1
  18. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I'm sure you were pacing in your base for those 3 hours?o_O Not like there are now 3 zones of bounties to work on while you wait. But yes....some sort of way to enter without waiting for the queue would resolve the issue.
    #AdustableQueueSize
  19. Rejchadar Inquisitor

Finding what to do for 3 hours is not a problem ... but for 3 hours in a row in the game it already depends on how busy the person is in real life, but if you are a new player? a skip that jumped out of CR 255 just a few months ago? multiply by 10 ... what if it's an alt? which still needs to be raised to the desired level? what if you want these statues on several seasonal alts? 3 hours is not a problem, but look how quickly the time costs multiply ...
    • Like x 1
  20. ArtemisWonderWoman7 Well-Known Player

Its really not that hard with are current max cr. Went in there with a league member who always said dwf? Nope hate that raid won't do it! We got to last boss killed Darkseid so fast granny didn't even come out. I can literally solo the first two bosses and almost Darkseid.key mechanics is taking the omega beam arrow to superman when you have the indicator above your head
    • Like x 1