Trinkets and clipping

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by CrappyHeals, Jun 25, 2017.

1. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

In the latest update on live the new "Rule" for what can and can't clip went live and i think you went a bit overboard. Now i get what you are doing but there should be some exceptions or else its really going to kill the feel of things and thats not something we want to do.

First thing the home turf henchmen trinket...while it stinks you can't clip with it anymore i understand what your going for and you could never clip with the sidekick so I guess i'll have to live with it but by applying this new rule to trinkets like the Boo's and other stat buffing trinkets makes them awkward to use now and just plain feels bad and messes with the fluidity of your rotation.

Stat buffing trinkets like the Boo's, pumpkins or any other stat buffing trinket should remain so you can clip things with them.
    • Like x 7
  2. VioletSorceress Committed Player

I was wondering what is going on with Sidekick at Live server, I even thought my keyboard is getting rusty so I switched trinket positions.

Trinkets not being able to clip totally defeats the purpose of using them and even if they buff their current effects, using them without clipping would segment rotations too much.

The only reason I kept using Sidekick, Boos and Eerie Jack was because they could clip, their damage and buffs have been lacking ever since we passed tier4.
    • Like x 1
  3. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

Add CC trinket to that list, even with its new revamp mechanics it's still more of a buff and should be able to clip. It doesn't do direct damage.
    • Like x 1
  4. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

You can't clip with the cc trinket now either...?? Wow lol
  5. IamINC Dedicated Player

I thought the purpose of the trinkets was to buff your stats , not to clip?
  6. Infinite Onefunk Active Player

what is the status on this? Has it changed? I found this set of old rules listed, what applies and what doesn's after gu73?
    Rules For Clipping:

Weapon combos can't clip anything but can be clipped by anything

Offensive powers, consumables and trinkets can clip weapon combos

Beneficial powers, consumables and trinkets can clip everything

Channeled/cast time weapon combos and powers are special cases and most of the time can't be clipped at all or can only be clipped by jumping.

"Beneficial" is a trait that isn't shown ingame but applies to most powers, consumables and trinkets that do not cause direct damage, such as buffs, heals, Soders, Henchmen/Sidekick.
  7. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

Ha, looks like you found my old post. Those are still the rules, but they are a bit stricter now. Trinkets that can indirectly cause damage (any pet trinket including Henchmen/Sidekick, CC trinket) aren't beneficial anymore.