#Transparency -- When will SEALS be tradable again?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Melusine Midnight, Sep 20, 2018.

1. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

when a raid reset is 2mil and a seal sells for 1.5mil u best take that off the broker asap or players with a wallet gonna abuse that for sure. its fine if it comes back for a day or 2 or a weekend but people just play the broker and keep adding seals. when u can make that much money why would u even play the game at that point. just come on and add seals to broker and get off the game
  2. Schimaera Devoted Player

Nope. I generally have something like trade chat turned off. Also, my point and yours have nothing to do with each other, imo. The fact, that people spend money to make ingame money is totally okay with me. It's people who spend money to exploit something to make money is something different.
  3. SasquaT Dedicated Player

So you think they made seals account bound becouse people buying those and spend milions of real cash ?
    That would be something new :)
  4. BumblingB I got better.

I think he was implying that there is an exploitable flaw on the MP that they were fixing by making them account bound.
    • Like x 2
  5. Crimson Veil Dedicated Player

I have grown to hate the catalyst leveling system with the ferocity of 1000 suns! :mad: Jes Sayin. :D
  6. SasquaT Dedicated Player

Thats what i said if you read whole thread you will figure out .Thats why you should not respond for other .
  7. Schimaera Devoted Player

That's not even remotely what I wrote :confused:
    • Like x 2
  8. BumblingB I got better.

I'm going to guess there is a language barrier here. Because rereading your post, it doesn't sound like that is what you said, but is what he said. But okay.

Sorry. I'll still post for others when it helps clarify a point. This is an open forum but is not real time.
    • Like x 5
  9. Isif Committed Player

Wait...I thought artifacts were optional. The machine needs blood, feed it. I guess the appropriate analogy is that DC is like an artifact. I appreciate that some "need" to have these 160 artifacts. Your contributions (Nth metal) help keep the DC torch burning bright. Thank you.;)
    • Like x 2
  10. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

^^^ He gets it. ^^^
    • Like x 2
  11. Proxystar #Perception

Or you know, you could just 'gasp' spend $5 yourself instead of mooching off someone else via the broker.
    • Like x 1
  12. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

So buying seals then selling them on the broker is "exploiting" and not good. On the other hand buying stabilizers to open TCs and sell all those items is ok. If there was some kind of glitch happening with seals on the market place then we should see them back to normal(not account bound) again soon when it is fixed?
  13. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Buying items from the broker is "mooching" now? That's a new one lol. I guess we are a community of mooches buying all those TC collections, gear, and emblems from the broker instead of spending a little bit of real money to open those TCs ourselves.
    • Like x 4
  14. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

All these moochers buying base items for 3,000 need to stop. Make all base items account bound and unsellable
  15. Darth Piper Loyal Player

Consider the Soder Cola Ultimate: you can buy it from the marketplace OR you get it as a drop from a time capsule and it is account bound. You can buy them if you want... or you can open up a time capsule and get one (you get anywhere from 1-2 stabilizers every 5 days, depending on your account status, just by running that mission every day so you do have a free way to open some number of capsules).

I believe everything else in the marketplace other than the seals was account bound. If you ask me, it looks like all they did was correct a data tag error... but they forgot to add an in-game way to get them... even if it's as a loot item from a time capsule, a rare loot drop from a boss or a Promethium Junk Box, er, Loot Box, etc.
  16. Proxystar #Perception

That is correct if you buy items via the broker you aren't spending money, you are vicariously reliant upon other people spending real money.

This is an undeniable fact but please by all means try to dispute it, this could be fun.

It doesn't matter what the item is you're reliant upon someone else's spending, I'm not saying it's always a bad thing by the way but please let's be intelligent to recognize it for what it is.

The only reason people are annoyed about this seal change is because they don't want to spend their own money and now that they have to even if it's pretty minimal they're raging and thrashing about.

Given how long it takes to level the artifacts you won't be needing a seal of completion that often unless of course you're whaling it in which case you're probably not bothered having to buy a seal anyway.

Catalysts are not hard to get now so I stand by the fact 100% the people crying about the change are those that don't want to pony up with any of their real money.

They can be doing that for whatever reason they want in their own mind, but that's what it really comes down to.
    • Like x 1
  17. Hollow Gohan Well-Known Player

If they're account bound, it doesn't hurt to put the Seals of Preservation in John Constantine for 50 MOV.
    • Like x 2
  18. Proxystar #Perception

You can't afford $1.50 for 4?
  19. Dene Devoted Player

Technically each try only costs about 100 marks.. its tedious but 100% doable

if you can't/wont shell out the money then this is your best best imo

(do I do this, yes, at certain % I take the risk.. later on I do not.. that is my choice)
  20. tukuan Devoted Player

This is the feeling I got. Otherwise why not make capsule content etc. account bound as those are more culprit for high broker prices? I suspect there was an exploit most of us are not aware about and they shut it down. Otherwise why would Mepps make the following comment:

"We would prefer to allow them to be tradeable, and may one day make them tradeable again, but the situation right now insists that they be account bound. "
    • Like x 2