Transfer Of Sp’s Across Platforms

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Yeshuaite, Sep 18, 2023.

1. Yeshuaite New Player

Hello all,
    I would like to have access to all my skill points from PlayStation DCUO now that I’m on Xbox DCUO and Vice versa. I’m sure it will cost replay badges however I did earn the skill points over the years and I want them. Anyone else feel the same as me?
  2. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

Yeah, it would be nice, but it's not going to happen, anyone's feelings notwithstanding. Can't do this between PC and PS accounts and those play on the same servers. Can't do it even between accounts on the same platform. Each account is a separate entity. I imagine the only way it could be done, would be for some dev to manually unlock feats - making sure somehow, that the same person actually owns both of them first - and considering the number of players and the fact, that the game is F2P so anyone can have as many accounts as they have email addresses, no amount of replay badges would be worth opening that can of worms.

Better get grinding. Although - since you're now on one of the less populated servers - it's probably going to be a lot harder.
  3. Yeshuaite New Player

I don’t believe Dcuo Devs to be of the mindset that this was not expected as a question sooner or later. We live in a time when complete universes are created in A.I. form. For example; If you are a member of this forum they can link your email address to all of your dc accounts and generate a forum ticket number. Which in turn could be submitted to the devs via a dedicated service bot of sorts that could run in designated background partitions with little to no interference. I know the devs have the skill to implement such changes but now comes the question, do the devs have the will to explore a new monetary generating endeavor. I’d rather not be defeatist. Let’s see the devs give it a try for their loyal continued supporters.
  4. The Anxient Loyal Player

Sony and Microsoft are the decision makers here since your psn or Xbox live accounts belong to them.
  5. Ash Inferno Well-Known Player

Sp's should be account bound. Ther's plenty enough other money grabs to accomodate.
  6. Yeshuaite New Player

Unfortunate all the money and time I put into getting those skill points that there isn’t any way to get any acknowledgement/benefit for my character over here on X-box. Not even a coupon box or some replay badges, really.
  7. Yeshuaite New Player

It maybe that it has not happened yet because not enough people have said they wanted it. The devs are human they can not read our minds. Ask for it. What do you have to lose by asking for it? If enough of their loyal fan base speaks up they will have to respond in good faith. They are apart of our community as we are apart of theirs.
    So I ask for myself Devs I request my skill points from Play Station Dcuo or the equivalent styles, feats and or equal replay badges of my completed content on my Sony Dcuo account to be made available in my Microsoft Dcuo account effectively immediately. Please respond back to this thread with acceptance or a counter. Thank you Good day.
  8. The Anxient Loyal Player

I
    It is not the devs call to make.
  9. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

Yes, that must be it. And why do you think players - who normally loudly demand things they want and throw tantrums whenever anyone suggests they won't get them - are so shy all of a sudden, when it comes to asking for this particular thing? Maybe it's because most of them don't care about this "issue", as they've been playing on one account? And the minority - like myself - who switched platforms, or have multiple accounts realize, that devs are not their parents and nagging won't make them do something that makes no sense from practical, or financial perspective?
  10. Yeshuaite New Player

Why is it not their decision? Where does their decision making responsibility start and where does it end? I assume you know because you spoke on behalf of them in this matter.
  11. Yeshuaite New Player

Do you believe this a valid reason to speak up about? Do you believe if a new system platform comes out and Dcuo is available on this new platform that it should be an option given to port any existing characters and progress to that new platform?
  12. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

Tell me - how many games do you know of, that offer an option to transfer your progress between competing platforms? There aren't many and even fewer, that support cross-platform saves between PS and XBox. The point of porting a game to a new system, that's not a direct upgrade of a previous one, is to gain new customers, not to siphon existing players from one server to another.

You probably haven't read TOS of any live-service game, but they're usually pretty clear, that even though you may have "earned" your progress, like feats - you don't actually own anything within such games.
  13. Yeshuaite New Player

How long have you been Dev for Dcuo?
  14. ArtemisWonderWoman7 Well-Known Player

What op is asking 4 is a really alot once you think about it. Your talking about getting all your ps account feats on Xbox. Take ffxiv they allow you to creat a account that you can play on both pc and playstation but its just that your account is on the same server that requires a square Enix account . What you asking is transferring one account info to a completely different server and on to a rivals platform. This will never happen. Also think about this pc and playstation did merge but its not like you can take a pc account and play it on playstation