Transcendence Needs a hotfix

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by argillite, May 29, 2013.

1. argillite New Player

Early on in dcuo's life transcendence was op there is not doubt about it that's a fact, if i remember correctly it lasted super long compare nature as well as making you invulnerable, which obviously caused pvp ers to complained that's nothing new but it was never properly rebalanced since then. Now people are dying in alerts when there half health and transcendence is going i suggest the developers tighten the frequency of the heals because they are way to spread apart and honestly i think a healing super charge should prevent the group from dying regardless if they have 2% health or 75% health whats the point of having a supercharge if it cant stop people from dying in a petty T5 alert, all opinions welcome and i would like a response from a game developer explaining to me why my group mates die during my super charge even if i through it when there half health this is unacceptable.

PLEASE FIX IT NOW
  2. Drathmor Unwavering Player

I agree I want to be able to knock you out of it in PVP fix it now lol :cool:
  3. argillite New Player

you already can if your hard-light or fire lol beside that would render sorcery completely worthless the devs won't go that far
    • Like x 2
  4. Drathmor Unwavering Player

5. Drathmor Unwavering Player

you have to admit that is kind of unballanced when sorc can do a move to put them and everyone back to full health and power and there is nothing anyone but 2 powers can do to stop it a little OP if you ask me and they still wouldnt be worthless as they are the strongest pvp healing class in the game
    • Like x 1
  6. Soulmass Well-Known Player

Transcendence works how it's always worked. There's nothing wrong with it, if your t5 alert group dies through transcendence 1 of 3 things happened. 1 the tank pulled too many adds. 2 the group did not block or avoid an attack they should have or 3 your restoration wasn't high enough to heal through the burst damage coming in. The devs don't need to fix transcendence it's fine. And it's working as intended. And to think a healing supercharge should guarantee people not dying that's just silly. There will always be adds and bosses that can outdamage any healers supercharge.
    • Like x 8
  7. Soulmass Well-Known Player

Lol transcendence doesn't put a group back to full power it gives out 500 power tops. Most people have a power pool of over 1000 usually closer to 2000. And I wouldn't say strongest healing class in pvp maybe in duels and 1v1s but group fights nature and electric are kings.
    • Like x 3
  8. 478874 Dedicated Player

That can be done very easily as is, chief.
    • Like x 1
  9. Cadens Dedicated Player

The supercharge doesnt work in that it is interrupted by ANYTHING, and when that happens, the healing stops. Regen and invigorate will heal for maximum heals, each time. If anything, transcendence is garbage for that reason. It should work a lot like regen / invig.

To the guy above saving its OP when people have full health and power? You know that trans only gives 30 power a tick back right? I dont know how small your power bar is, but you are lucky to get 1 power off with the amount this gives you.
    • Like x 2
  10. argillite New Player

so to paraphrase what your saying 3303 resto shouldn't keep me and my group from dying in the jor el fight while transcendence is going? the heals are basically 1.5 seconds apart which makes the supercharge useless in raids or t5 alerts transcendence is only reliable for re genning a little bit of power, and as far as the vulnerable to interrupt argument how could anyone argue tht a supercharge should be interpretable, both nature and electric get to save them self's from death and run or fly away but sorc is stuck in one spot so yeah it should make sorc invulnerable because its actually a disadvantage is some situations but like always pvp controls pve and people getting beat by 2 sorc healers rotating transcendence in 2v2 bat cave arena or any other node match so they cry nerf nerf and the devs cave.
    • Like x 1
  11. Doc Holliday New Player

Yes and PvP is what gets all powers nerfed, including sorcery. But the ppl who keep crying nerf this dont pvp any longer. So what path are we taking lol? Where will this end up in the long run? All powers nerfed again?
    • Like x 1
  12. Drathmor Unwavering Player

ok let me say a diffrent way before t4 gear transendence would put me and my whole group back to full power and life and none of you can say it doesnt put everyone back to full life with the exception of someone being focus fired by strong DPS. strongest in any match that has node to hold or where the group isnt spread out..

look wasnt trying to start a whole debate my original statement was ment to be half jokingly
  13. the dcuo veteran New Player

i wish a dev could see what you just wrote your a genius pvp dies out and pve is the core of the game where does 85% skillpoints come from, that's right you guessed it PVE Quit NERFING Everyone.
    • Like x 2
  14. Drathmor Unwavering Player

not calling for any nerf was just stating something a little unballanced in PVP in PVE the move can be garbage when your knocked out of it which happens all the time in PVE
  15. Soulmass Well-Known Player

If you want transcendence to work like regen and invigorate then switch powers. The invulnerability of transcendence is what makes it unique to other healer powers the last thing the devs should do is make all the healing classes the same. And the invulnerability and inability to move during it isn't a disadvantage it's very handy for dealing with focus fires in pvp ^_^
    • Like x 2
  16. 478874 Dedicated Player

Oh please just end the over dramatization about PvP and nerfs. It's as if the Developers have no volition of their own, it's not as if PvPers have mind control pollen suffocating the SOE offices in Austin, and why would they listen to us mouth breathing, Neanderthalic, monkey brains anyway? PvP does literally does nothing to get things nerfed any more than PvE does.

Players report experiences about the game in any of the venues all the darn time and nothing is done about. PvP it might be about control effects, PvE it's about which powers are always on top of teh scorecards. Only when the Developers decide there is an imbalance is a change made.

Get a grip on reality already.
  17. Doc Holliday New Player

PvP is the only reason why powers get nerfed lol, because some powers have an un fair advantage in PvP. Im curious though on how PvE content gets powers nerfed in your opinion.

Did Brainiac start submitting threads because the Whip Thrash + Fan combo hit him too hard in Prime LOL?
  18. Kroye Loyal Player

WUT?
    • Like x 1
  19. Kroye Loyal Player

Mostly true, but Whirling Dervish was fixed (read:"nerfed") because of threads from folks other than PVPers.
    • Like x 2
  20. Drathmor Unwavering Player

I can give you one example of how PVE caused a change to the game Orbital strikes lvl 4 used to knock down and stun all raid bosses untill people complained on the forums then the move was altered not to effect bosses. was needed because was a glitch but PVE caused the change