Top 5 dps powers for t4 and t5

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Mr Gooby, May 27, 2013.

1. Mr Gooby New Player

So basically i am thinking about changing my power from ice to something more efficient, and i just want to know what would do the job because normally when i do t3 or t4 as ice i am far behind from other dpsers.

cr 84 90sp USPC
  2. Dj_T New Player

For t5 raids:
    Quantum
    Fire
    Nature
    Electric
    Hardlight
    Mental
    Sorcery

Anything that has to do with might besides hardlight and stays a far distance from the bosses DOT all day Earth and ice cant do that cuase they got to be up close to the boss and will get one shoted
  3. Lights Derp Loyal Player

1. Whatever you're comfortable with
    2-5. See number 1

I've run the raids with DPS of every powerset and they all did well. Just know your powerset and feel comfortable with it and you'll do well.
    • Like x 1
  4. Aiden Warren New Player

Mental has beast PI's
  5. FrostyMagma New Player

Earth shouldnt be counted because it can be a might based ranged dps or a precision based ranged all in how you spec. as well as ice that ice bash isnt for looks it gives boosted weapon damage. and the 35% can be done from far enough away
  6. Anhur Committed Player

It likely has nothing to do with the power set, it could be something as simple as your loadout not being the best - if you are falling that far behind other damage players, than send them a message and ask for assistance on what they were doing.
    • Like x 3
  7. Mr Gooby New Player

Thanks guys appreciate the quick responses.
  8. Mr Gooby New Player

ATM iam thinking on going for electricity mental or quantum what do you all think which on is best for overall? pvp, lower tier alerts, raids and higher tier ones aswell
  9. Anti Bezz New Player

Ice hits just has hard as all the powers you listed lmao :D I love when people say something about a power, but don't really understand it themselves. It's the player first then the power. Always will be like that. I have seen all powers in use, and it is the person using it not the player 100% of the time.
    • Like x 4
  10. Florida Boii Well-Known Player

^^^This

@ OP. Please dont switch your power just because you think another power is going to automaticlly provide more Dpsing. The only way to improve your Dpsing is to learn your power, your power interactions, damage modifiers, and of course clipping.

Now if your looking to see which playstyle you prefer like a burst (HL & Gadgets) or a Dot class (Nature & Elect.) by all means give it a shot .
  11. C Falcon Active Player

Yeah, there is no such thing as the best power... all powers are capable of both great melee dps and ranged dps loadouts. Cookie cutter loadouts may work for some, but they give most fotm users no understanding of why they are doing X damage, and can't survive in when situations require them to take a different approach. The best thing you can do is find a power you are comfortable with, then learn it inside and out... when you find the sweet spot with the power, continue to play around with the other weapons and powers in your power/skill trees because you never know what you might find. I've been ice since day 1 have always preferred range dps with any power I play.

As said before, learn your power... and learn the proper mechanics of dpsing such as pi and modifiers. I would hate to see anyone swap powers only to find out that they are still in the same position as before.

Another tip.... don't be a scorecard chaser, it makes you wreckless... As far as T5 goes, I'm sure you would rather get through it or as far as you can rather than making your raid group suffer on your behalf + learn to read the stats on the scorecard and you may be able to tell who's on a soda or previously who was using whirling dervish.
  12. shaun10656 New Player

don't even count earth out cause jack hammer is ranged and it has quite some range on it and it dosent require us to be in there face so I call bull don't come at my power set like that!
  13. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

I actually find Ice pretty darn good /shrug. It's easily in my top 5. Running Quantum right now but my ice loadout is nearly identical to my quantum loadout except Ice utilizes a bit more single target while quantum is basically ALL ae but on a single boss it's extremely similar.
  14. Meta Flare New Player

If you are far behind other damages and you have ice, it isn't the power, I promise you that. It must be your load out and rotation. It may help if you gave your load out and combos.

Also what Florida boii said.
  15. Ogat New Player

haha wrong. Dun have time to elaborate- sorry, maybe tomorrow :)
  16. Starbrand Dedicated Player

When someone says: "its not the power...", dont believe it!

IT IS! :)

ICE does poor dps.
  17. FrostyMagma New Player

guess you havent tried all aspects of it yet dont believe what everyone tells you. People believe that hardlight is only precision based but trust me it can be either
  18. FrostyMagma New Player

lol no it doesnt you just dont know how
  19. Splinter Cell Dedicated Player

I use Gadgets for the Tier 5 raids, personally.
  20. Starbrand Dedicated Player

For sure, and the TOP DPS in USPC dunno how either, since NONE is ICE :)

I am not saying just a few are... I AM SAYING NONE IS ICE!!!

Maybe PS3 is a different realm :)