Too old for serious playing?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Saami, Jul 2, 2023.

1. Proxystar #Perception

They're just different styles of play, that being said I'm a little convinced though some people won't be happy until this game is basically a turn based every power and animation must play out in fluid, completeness before they'll be happy, which is silly because it would destroy this game.
  2. Great Architect Loyal Player

I missed playing Hand of Fate for some reason, and went straight to Home Turf - probably because I wanted the Lair System more than the Utility Belt, but that was when I was grinding too. For the multiple thousands of Marks of Triumph you needed back then :D.
    • Like x 2
  3. Great Architect Loyal Player

Probably not, but it would require so much work in adjusting damage to compensate for the loss of clipping that it's never going to happen.
    • Like x 1
  4. MightyHornet Well-Known Player

Message Riptide or Commander Sparrow. It’s a 40+ year old league. No sweats. Just a bunch of dads that enjoy playing video games and laughing
    • Like x 3
  5. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

I'm 54, and I've been playing video games since the '80s. Never mastered any of them, but I play for fun. Let the sweaty tryhards do the artifact swapping, and clipping, and jump-canceling, so they can get their names on the top of the scoreboard. Just have fun!
    • Like x 4
  6. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Actually depending on the powerset the technology has come a long way and we've mastered it down to 1 > 2 > 3 > 4 > 1 > 2 > 3 > 1 > 2 > 3 > 1 > 2 > 3 > 1 > 2 > 3 > 1 > 2 > 3 > 4 > 1 > 2 > 3 > 1 > 2 > 3 > 1 > 2 > 3 > 1 > 2 > 3 > 1 > 2 > 3 > 4
    • Like x 1
  7. Proxystar #Perception

Actually we made a mistake

1 > 2 > 3 > Inventory > 1 > 2 > 3 > Inventory > 1 > 2 > 3 > Inventory > 1 > 2 > 3 > Inventory > 1 > 2 > 3
    • Like x 3
  8. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

So DW-FlurryJumpDW-FlurryJumpDW-FlurryJumpDW-FlurryJumpDW-FlurryJumpDW-FlurryJumpDW-FlurryJumpSuperchargeDW-FlurryJumpDW-FlurryJumpDW-FlurryJumpDW-FlurryJumpDW-FlurryJumpDW-FlurryJumpDW-FlurryJumpDW-FlurryJumpDW-FlurryJumpSuperchargeDW-FlurryJumpDW-FlurryJumpDW-FlurryJumpDW-FlurryJumpDW-FlurryJumpDW-FlurryJumpDW-FlurryJumpDW-FlurryJumpSupercharge

You figure the animations on these 2 things are the same. Hmmm.

No problem...we all wear our own personal blinders from time to time.
  9. Proxystar #Perception

Actually this shows you don't actually know what precision players are doing ;)

And for the record I actually have no problem with might, I just find it increasingly inane how bad might players hate on precision blindly, like it's the cool thing to do and it stems more from a desire to hide their own shortcomings rather than an actual tangible shortcoming with might itself .
    • Like x 1
  10. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

That's cute but if you're PC or PS and in the know you only need to hit one button...
    • Like x 3
  11. Marc L New Player

I'm nearly 50 and playing.
    • Like x 1
  12. Proxystar #Perception

until that macro gets you stuck in something you don't want wiping the group :D

They're against terms of service of course as well ;)
    • Like x 2
  13. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

It physically looks spastic....I've actually thought a few people were speed hacking it looks so un-natural. Now that might mean they are just very good at it, but if the OP was feeling 'slow' next to someone, chances are it was someone doing the things that Prec players do. I never said that might couldn't keep up...I never said anything against actually using prec...just that it LOOKS faster and twitchy, generally because it's weapon shots and cancelling....which might make someone feel 'slow' by comparison. Great Architect says 'frenetic...crazed'...you immediately assume that's a call for a nerf and go into defense mode.

And I'll fully admit I don't know exactly what they are doing....because I don't play prec, but I know MANY are using DW-Flurry, and cancelling out part of the way. Are you saying most prec users are NOT using weapons and cancelling out? Do tell.
    • Like x 1
  14. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I'm sure no one does that....right? Nah....not in this game....only up and up players here.
    • Like x 1
  15. Proxystar #Perception

I didn't think you were asking for a nerf, I was more laughing at the ignorance, because, it was abundantly clear you don't play precision lol :D
  16. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Never said I did....just an outsider observation of twitchy gameplay.
    • Like x 1
  17. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

This reminds me I have to update my will to include my toons.
    • Like x 4
  18. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

There's not much to it. Tap-hold ranged DW->Bow, clip with a power, like Dervish, Vortex Trap, or some powerset specific ability at the right moment to get the 5th tick from Flurry, then immediately jump cancel/clip that power (or just tap range in the case of Dervish) and repeat. Some powersets have more complex series of clips, like gadgets using Stealth and Suppressor Turret, but then most of those are also often used by Might players. For AoE you either use hold-hold ranged DW->Bow, or preferably tap-hold Brawling->MA and clip those as above, except the timing is less tricky than with Flurry. The "best" thing about it is - as long as you're SS - once you can play one Prec powerset, you can pretty much play them all, because you will only change 1-2 powers, with a few exceptions, like Gadgets, or Mental.

I play both Prec and Might DPS and the whole debate makes me laugh. I prefer Might, because it's much more powerset-specific, but I hate the 1-2-3-4 builds. Luckily - contrary to what some Prec afficionados claim - there are many Might builds that are more complex and clip-heavy than most Precision ones. Prec DPS would be fun for me if everyone wasn't using the same 2 OP combos. This is why a weapon pass needs to happen, because it's ridiculous, that half superheroes in DCUO look like Robin Hood bunnies on speed...
  19. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

Just get those spiderweb-looking wrist extensor things. You'll be fine. If the mechanics are killing you before you can react... you can always count on the carebears around here to handle that fight for you. Nerfed in no time.
  20. Proxystar #Perception

Just for the sake of being pedantic, brawling and duel wield aren't "OP", they're competitive, it's just that the rest of the weapons suck, not that the other 2 are OP.

Any request to nerf duel wield and brawling any further than they have been in the past is just merely advocacy to make might better by stealth. It is not a good faith request.