Too easy to get to cr84?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by RlVER, Aug 19, 2013.

1. RlVER Well-Known Player

So I have just completed an experiment and am shocked to find how easy it is to power level even with the CR requirements, even after the removal of walk-in loot.

For the sake of an experiment I used loyalty points and bought an XP booster. I made a brand new quantum troll. I am an experienced, long time player so my level up process is a bit streamlined. It took just over 4 hours to level up to 30 (had no help or it would have been faster). From there I ran all t1 content 1 time each. The drops are way better than they used to be ! One time threw t1 and I had enough gear to do t2. I ran about half of the t2 content and had gotten enough gear to run t3. I ran most of the t3 content purchased a couple pcs of t3 ( first iconic gear I bought). and Now I am t4. I had enough by this point so I called it a day. But I had a cr72 healer and it only took a few hours to get the 84cr for t5 content.

So in short, in about 12-15 hours I took a troller from Brainiac's ship to t4 capable with 45 Sp. I find this unacceptable considering I used ZERO replays.

The reason for my experiment was this:
    I was in a t5 op in the middle of fighting the destroyer and noticed I had no POT. I asked the troll for POT, got nothing and again, nothing. So I ask are you throwing POWER OVER TIME? (thinking it could be the game bugging out, I have seen this before). He replies: Wait, Are you talking to me? What is power over time? How do I do that? .....smh Now at first I thought he was kidding, but as it turns out HE WAS NOT!!! So after giving him a quick run threw basic controlling 101. And got responses such as "Oh that's what that does" and "so that's what everyone means by debuff." I couldn't help but ask myself; how can you achieve Cr84 and still not know the most basic of things for your role? NOW I KNOW!

It is possible to take a new character and get him to t5 within 24 hours and never run a single raid. And since in alerts your stance and roll mean very little it is now possible for someone to get to top tier content and have no idea what a controller even does.

I am an old player from when times were different and there were no replays, just the grind. I am all for evolving the game to make it playable for everyone, but seriously 24 hrs to T5? That is a bit to easy IMHO.

end rant-experiment
    Let the trolling begin.
    • Like x 1
  2. Whiteroom New Player

It makes the game more alt friendly is the other side to that coin.

Side note: I've run a few things lately with some Nomads, are you guys a big league? Because I keep seeing that name.
    • Like x 4
  3. Delta795 New Player

Not denying its easy, but a couple of counter points.
    1) You are experienced and know how to power level.
    2) Even some long term players can' t play their role appropriately.
    3) Could have been a recent power switch. Example: I have a 91 Car electric toon that I want to heal with.
    I have no idea how to heal, and recently switched from fire on that salt.
    4) People as a whole are stupid and may not ever play their role effectively.
    Again just a counterpoint.
    • Like x 5
  4. Notangie New Player

It's only easy to power level if you already know the game and which missions to run. Actual noobs take longer. The ease of power leveling encourages making alts.
    • Like x 6
  5. TroEL Dedicated Player

CR means nothing....45 SP is the only thing that's unacceptable. Your experiment only strengthens the point that garbage players are meeting CR requirements too fast. Thus creating a community of scrubs that can access high level content.

I'm not calling you a garbage player (you've certainly shown otherwise). I'm just saying you've proven exactly what is wrong with this game.
    • Like x 4
  6. darkmoon caverns New Player

How did you get to CR 84 without doing any raids and only buying a couple pieces of T3?
    Did you cheat by using the vault rings/neck?
  7. RlVER Well-Known Player

This is true, IN FACT ALL TOO TRUE FOR SOME!.

I understand the Alt friendly thing but I NEVER HAD TO RAID. At least when we power leveled in the past it at least required running FOS of even a batcave at some point.

I am fairly new to the Nomads, but yea we are good sized. On raid day we usually have at least 2 t5 raid groups going some days 3. The leadership has been around a while and has recently pushed recruiting, they took me and my whole league (10) in as our numbers were way down.

I hope you enjoyed running with the Nomads, send me a tell in game if you want to run with us again.
  8. DCFanatical Dedicated Player

As many have said, experience both in the game in general and in how the mechanics work is a big factor. I wish I could power level in 4 hours. based on my trying to level a character as best I can, I would say I can do it in about 2-3 weeks. But I am far from skilled where this game is concerned.

Though I will admit, it is rather easy to get past content, add on people willing to walk players through content (not the "I will take noobs and help them get better people" but the "my friend wants to get to Tier 5 today, so I will help him in content he has no business being in" people) and you have lots of people who don't have the skills they should for the content they are running.

People are in too big a hurry to get to Tier 5. And having played content in the Test server at Tier 5 (which can now be gotten in all of 5 minutes). I realize my skills are not very good for end level content. I can't help but ask myself, if I spent some time on the lower tiers (which I will totally do on Live), would I be a better player, and maybe not be as challenged by content as I am.
  9. RlVER Well-Known Player

Absolutely, I meant that to kind of be a side point but I guess I didn't emphasize that very well. The point of the whole experiment was simple. See how it could be possible for people to reach top tier contents with little or no Skill/SP/Knowledge/Time. Most of what I know of this game came from the TIME I had to spend playing. The "grind" is gone from the game now it seems. It used to take months to get full t3, now you can just basicly skip right to t5 without buying any gear at all. I guess what I hate the most is how they scaled the loot drops to CR. It used to be that only very early on would you want to put on the loot drops.
    My personal rule is SP should NEVER be lower than CR. And even that is on the LOW side of the equation.
    • Like x 2
  10. RlVER Well-Known Player

You, might be. I find most of my skill was developed early on. When I first leveled up, NO ONE was geared. We struggled threw things we were under geared for. So it made us have to hone our skills more I guess. (not saying this is a must, but it helped me learn to be better) Content was harder, you had to run all alerts and duos everyday and buy t1 gear to be able to raid effectively. Now days you get half a set of gear just from running the duos. In my time duo gear was trash. Then you had to raid to get t2. The raid drops were okay, but hardly good enough to qualify you for the next tier. This is no longer the case. Plus there was no one that you could ask how do I do this or that? When I first started we had to figure things out for ourselves.

Like I said before I am all for evolution of the game and making it playable for everyone, but experienced player or not that was TOO easy!
  11. BLK Well-Known Player

you would have to mod level 78 rings among other things to do so....
  12. Mary Magdalene New Player

Are you some sort of semi elitist?
    Dude... I mean, bro...

If you paid attention the forums, and talk to people in game then you'd likely see that a lot of people have alts.
    The next dlc is very alt friendly for those wet behind the ears, freckled face T5 alts.
    Why complain about the grind length?
    DCUO is like this because replay badges=Piles of money.
    Some people don't like to grind for months.
    lol
  13. Lights Derp Loyal Player

Don't let Circe see this thread.

CR84 is hard lol
    • Like x 3
  14. RlVER Well-Known Player

Not cheating at all, Just collecting loot drops from the instances. To get from t4 -t5 I would recommend running the raids or ops but you can do it without them.
    T1 loot drops = t2 capable
    t2loot drops = t3 capable
    t3 loot drops = t4 capable
    t4 loot drops + mods = t5 capable

I suppose it helped that I was collecting both DPS and troller gear in order to spike CR faster by making sure to equip any piece of gear with CR higher than what I had on. With that and the fact that I had good luck with the drops being usable by me. It was very simple.
  15. Happy Cat Well-Known Player

it's a pay to win game, it's supposed to be like that.
  16. TroEL Dedicated Player

Then don't play an MMO. The easy of leveling now as opposed to the early stages of the game is laughable. This directly leads to scrubs who don't fully understand the mechanics of the game yet still have access to high level content.

That is the main issue at play here.
  17. FESTER665 Devoted Player

Could've gone even faster, once you hit level 30 buy some gear from the T3 duo in the broker.....
  18. RlVER Well-Known Player

Not at all an elitist, like I said I AM ALL FOR EVOLVING THE GAME. It need to be playable for new players, no doubting that. I just find the whole process can be far to short if done a certain way. This gives the player little or no time to really learn anything. And as I said it was just an experiment to see how you could get that far and know nothing. And as in any experiment, the one who conducts it like to publish their findings for others to review.

Also, I did the with NO REPLAY badges. I it was required to use a bunch of replays I would feel better about the whole thing. At least that way I knew that those players at the very least paid to be here, and the game I enjoy is making money from it.

I admit, it is a bit of a slap in the face to those of us that did have to grind. That being said PVP gear has given me that same slap 4 times already, so I am used to it.
  19. thirty six Loyal Player

How long did it take you to beat super Mario bros the first few times? How fast was it the other 1,000 times? Well, there ya go
    • Like x 2
  20. RlVER Well-Known Player

I am ok with that, but as I said I PAID NOTHING. I used 100 loyalty points to level up faster. And again I do not have a problem with the way the game is, I just find it shocking easy it is now.