Tonight's DCUO Office Hours w/ Jack Emmert

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jun 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nawanda Loyal Player

Did he mention his comic collection?
    • Like x 3
  2. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

I asked if we could please get the cap on Marks of Victory raised now that it was no longer the primary mark for top CR play and Jack basically said "sure."

The trick will be getting them to remember.

I also asked if we were ever going to be getting style unlocking, as announced a very long time ago, and Jack seemed surprised, and asked Mepps "we announced that?" and Mepps said something like "oh, yeah, we announced that, I'll tell you more later," and Jack sort of groaned and said something to the effect of that it would be gotten to, but frankly it sounded like something that he hadn't even been aware of, which is pretty discouraging given how solidly it was announced as a definite thing coming.

https://twitter.com/DCUO/status/785506865635557377

And from the IGN coverage of official DCUO press release, January 12th, 2016:
    So, woo-hoo, when 2016 gets here, we'll have Water powers, and Style Unlocking! With those accomplished who knows what wonders 2017 might bring?!

But we're assured the staff is large enough because, hey, look, it's only three-quarters of the stuff that gets announced that doesn't show up for the second, third, fourth, year later.

The problem is that the staff LITERALLY CAN'T KEEP TRACK OF THEIR ANNOUNCED PLANS. Obviously because of, among other reasons, the vast amount of staff churn. The people who planned all that stuff and announced it largely aren't around any more. And the newer people weren't around when the announcements were made.

So the players, who do remember perfectly well, get screwed. The list of things announced years ago but which have yet to arrive is both long and full of major items. :(
  3. Ringz Dedicated Player

Sounds to me like the oldest trick in the book tho. Say what the players/customers/investors want to hear to keep them interested/not leaving. I didn't watch the vid, but if by your comment, mentioning of Styles unlocking sounded like it was new to the devs?... pfffft...... PFFFFFFFt :rolleyes:
    • Like x 2
  4. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

To be clear, Mepps remembered it perfectly well. It was Jackster to whom it seemed to be more or less news.

Also, they did give us the announced fourth color option, at least.

But style unlocking is huge and something pretty much everyone seems to want. I would like it to be a priority.
    • Like x 1
  5. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

its easy to find out...just get the right collection pieces ...off the broker for a mere few hundreds of millions if the boxes wont give it to you......itll be easy your premium...and then...
  6. SkullGang Devoted Player

[IMG]
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.