To the Devs! is it allowed to use nvidia freestyle with this game?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Snowy OwI, May 21, 2019.

1. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

There's a new graphic filter tool for nvidia called nvidia freestyle that I've been using alot lately but I was wondering if dcuo had any rules against using it? it's nvidias official tool.
  2. Hraesvelg Always Right

It isn't on the list of supported games. I suppose it would depend on how it interacts with the client, but this looks like all post-processing, so I'm not even sure the game would read anything hinky.

There might be a reason not to allow it, but I can't imagine a reason why they would ban it.
  3. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

I wish it was,since it can enhance textures wish we Desperatly need on pc
  4. TheOracle Active Player

Since it's just post processing on the client side of the game and you're not modifying the games code on the server it would be allowed. BUT....I would imagine the game would have to be supported.
  5. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

This is fine.
    • Like x 5
  6. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

Cheers for the repply
  7. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

That's cool.

I wanna see what my graphiccard can do to DCUO.

If any of you guys have screenshots, share please.
    • Like x 1
  8. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

I agree I wanna see what's cooking .
  9. Aren Sul Committed Player

How did you manage to use it? When I try to activate it for DCUO, it gives me a message that "A supported game is required to use this feature."
  10. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

It dosen't seem to work,though mabye it did but its not under supported games I see now :( Wish they added it but I think dcuo is to old for nvidia mabye to care.I wish our devs could reach out to nvidia about it.
    • Like x 1
  11. The_fair_1 Committed Player

My graphics card is actually limited by my processor in group heavy content... shout-out to UE3 not the being great for multi core XD
  12. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

I asked nvidia on twitter if they could ad it to dc universe online,Doubt they answer me but it was worth the try:p
  13. TheLastSuperman Well-Known Player

I'm not running the freestyle program yet, will fiddle with it tomorrow but also check this thread too for some tweaked settings, you may need to adjust a little different as I'm running a 950GTX. It makes the default game look much better, I'm not sure about PS4 players but those who were on PS3 before it was removed couldn't even see material applied to face like Emissive eyes using Phoenix Material so they were limited even further than those on default settings in the game options sadly.
  14. TheOracle Active Player

For to Intel for really good single threaded performance, AMD is the current king of multi threads.
  15. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

DCUO is not supported :(
  16. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

So, the error message that it is not supported is a bug?
  17. mdharlem Active Player

Let us know if they reply.
    The Sims 3 ( last expansion was in 2013) and The Sims Medieval (released in 2011) are both supported, so I think it's just overlooked for some reason but definitely not too old.
    • Like x 1
  18. The_fair_1 Committed Player

That’s what I’m saying I’m rocking amd cause I have a budget lol but multi core and multi thread aren’t good for UE3 as it was decent for single or duo core. Since Dcuo was designed using ue3 it can’t get maximum potential from cpus which is also why upgrading from PS3-4 was a nice increase but 4-pro not so much.
  19. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

I modified a screenshot to show what the tool could do to DCUO:
    [IMG]
    One of the filters does something like this.

It is really cool!
  20. Eve YouTuber

Can't see the image :- (