Tips for Casual PVPers to Improve

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Yallander, Feb 16, 2013.

1. Yallander Loyal Player

With changes to PVP around the corner I figured I would resurrect this post and add a few more points about communication.

1. Don't assume everyone knows how to play a map-ASK. If no one answers request that people focus on the objectives and not just killing other players (unless it is a TDM style map.)

2. If you are grouping with people and lose, take some time after the match and talk about what happened. Learn from each other and try to see where it turned. Yes sometimes you'll just face a better team, however there is always something that can be learned and discussed PRODUCTIVELY. Avoid finger pointing and blame shifting.

3. If you find a squishy target take a quick second and type something like "focus player X--squishy as H311!" You'd be suprised how often other teammates will pay attention and join in the efforts.

4. Make friends often--just because your normal crew isn't on doesn't mean you can't make a few more friends. It will only help increase your chances of winning and perhaps have a good time with someone new.

(Once again I apologize for the small font in the OP. My PC has a huge monitor so it didn't look that small when I was typing it. One trick to make it bigger is to hold Ctrl and hit the + sign a few times. You can then decrease the website size by holding Ctrl and - to size it back to normal.)

Good luck out there and welcome to any new faces that grace the arenas. Feel free to ask questions often on these forums--you'll never learn if you don't ask!

--YZ
    • Like x 1
  2. Amp267 New Player

Contrary to what some ppl are saying all styles are viable. Try different styles and different weapons it'll help you notice the patterns ppl are doing.
    I personally go for lair battles to gear up quick. Matchs are short average about 2-7min.
    Wear pvp gear when you pvp eaven if its just influence gear.
    Use your home turf mod (if ya have that content) and test out differnt combos of them. The right combo to compiment you playstyle can make a world of difference.
    Don't be shy about shouting for a group for pvp in LFG channel. A pug group that you make is generally more succesfull/fun then a Qued group.
    Don't judge everyone by the gear they are wearing. Everyone has the guff to become a good pvper.
    Keep your chin up when you get beat down. Cause the next match you could be handing out the butt whoopin.
    • Like x 2
  3. Kroye Loyal Player

Would love to see a refresh or update to this thread (minus all the super_secret info Sparty gives away.)
  4. ScifiToilet New Player

Pubbing arenas is just not fun when premades just cruise through farming everyone. its hard to improve as a casual pvper if you constantly get steamrolled.

need to make an instance where you can walk into so heroes and villains can just pvp for fun in a controlled setting other than open world. Make a building gotham/metro where people can just walk in and pub some pvp. A large building with a lobby and separate rooms. lobby would be pve, but people could walk into mini arenas and do 1s or 2s. You could also see who you are going up against so you dont waste your time on pros or people way below your skill level.

No rewards, no risk, just fun.
  5. Kroye Loyal Player

The "OMG I KEEP GETTING PUGSTOMPED" thread is that way ------>