Tips and load out

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by risen, Feb 18, 2013.

1. risen New Player

I've only played legends to get the basic feel. Finally able to get a full set of pvp mostly 140 toughness stats I'm a gadget troll on pve but idk if I want to troll in pvp.

I find my load out isn't what it should be for pvp so what's a solid gadget dps load out?

One last question- blocking and block breaking I can't seem to get the window down to break the block or knock them down when blocking. So it's all rather new to me and I didn't see a topic covering my particular questions.
  2. Yallander Loyal Player

Learning and playing your support role is always a good idea. CTEN said it best when she stated (and I'm paraphrasing) if you are a troller class playing in dps you're selling yourself short. Being a troller is only a small decrease in dps (and with Core Strength mod in your chest piece this is removed) but you gain power over time for yourself and team as well as the ability to debuff with your attacks. There are just too many dps players out there in all aspects of the game and you'll be more useful to your team as a troller. Regarding builds I'll let someone else give a suggested build as I'm familiar with what is used, but couldn't share the finer points of power interactions and the like that can make a big difference.

Regarding blocking and Block Breaking--the timing depends on which weapon you are using. Some weapons like martial arts can almost hide their BBers completely by clipping while Dual Wield you have to let some of the animation show or it cancels out the BB interaction. Also certain weapons feel like you have to BB in anticipation of a block and not in response. With blocking you can either block 3 non-BB attacks in a row (basically melee attacks) or a hold attack to counter the other player. Some attacks need to be blocked at a certain point or they will still hit you (though at lesser damage.) I don't know if this is because of lag/server delay or just part of the mechanics. You'll have to play around and duel friends to get use to how the timiing looks for you on your system.

Myself and other PVPers have posted a few tips that may help in this thread:
    http://forums.station.sony.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/tips-for-casual-pvpers-to-improve.511/

I wish you success as you learn. Remember it is a learning process so there will be good moments and bad moments. If you are serious about wanting to learn PVP then keep practicing and experience will come soon enough.

--YZ
  3. risen New Player

Well I'm a solid troll in pve so starting out in pvp hasn't been as hard as I thought but as far as the chest mods go do i need a certain tier to use those? I've only seen weapon and neck mods I'm assuming these come in level 3 and 4 on the base
  4. Yallander Loyal Player

I believe they are higher level mods, which does require a bit more PVE grind, but can help if you want to keep your damage up and play your role.
  5. risen New Player

Well considering I no longer have a need for MoT ill just save them for mainframe and style feats so this is my next goal I really need to get rid of this damage penalty