Time Capsules

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by the solowing, Nov 13, 2017.

1. the solowing Unwavering Player

• Like x 1
  2. Dreadshow Well-Known Player

Ask the guy holding the gun to your head, politely if you can stop playing the game,one more time. May be this time he will let you.
    • Like x 9
  3. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

oh hey another TC thread
    • Like x 3
  4. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Placing bets on how long before 404...any wagers?
    [IMG]
    • Like x 4
  5. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Just get to your point. I'm not watching no 18 minute video just to get to the point of whatever this thread is on time capsules.

[IMG]
    • Like x 4
  6. Chaos Evolution Devoted Player

the worst part is he isn't even real :p
    • Like x 1
  7. FoolsFire Devoted Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  8. the solowing Unwavering Player

you dont have to watch it, but i think this is relevant, so i shared it
  9. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Too long;Didn't Watch: This "loot crate" business is a cancer that has spread far and wide in the gaming industry. Time Capsules are evil, those who support them should be ashamed of themselves and need intervention....yadda yadda yadda. Nothing that hasn't been said before.

However, watching that video and seeing how loot crates and other microtransactions are being spread across the board, it would seem that they are inevitable...so the fight against them seems futile while people still support the games and the companies that produce them.
    • Like x 5
  10. zor ile Well-Known Player

here we go again with roll talking about things which he does not take part in.
    • Like x 1
  11. 1000 eyes relinquished New Player

Hmm are new TC comming with Earth 3? ops Wrong Topic :p
    • Like x 1
  12. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Oh so basically the stuff I've been saying for a while now.

Eh, if people want them to stop; they know the answer to vote with their wallets.
    • Like x 1
  13. Twilight Avenged Dedicated Player

To make a point the customer has to not buy the product until whatever they don't like changes, within reason.

Video game customers have a hard time doing this because you end up missing out on a whole game.

Gamers just keep biting into that bull carp sandwich hoping there's a tasty bit in the center.
  14. Doc.Doom15 Committed Player

I love time capsules. I don't care what everyone says.
    • Like x 2
  15. light FX Steadfast Player

So wait u didnt even watch the whole video? The only thing im gonna say is players around here seem to accept and even praise systems that sometimes they dont even understand. An example of this is what i posted about elite gear in AF2 last night.

How elite hades was designed to be impossible to beat and the devs stated that. Which means the elite gear players got from the 1st two bosses in thrones elite wasnt making them strong enough to defeat elite hades. Which means those pieces of elite gear were irrelevant, didnt matter if u had them or not. And then because elite hades was impossible and the devs stated players would need to go back and beat em once they had gear from the next episode it also meant the elite gear players got from elite hades was also irrelevant.

Now eventually it was all changed. But that took quite awhile. And the intent/design was for players to chase elite gear that was meaningless. And players today still praise this system :rolleyes: And we are getting a similar system in ep30. Not exactly the same but there are similarities. Remains to be seen how the system will work over time but its already been praised as being better. So when it comes to time capsules ive seen players praise them for the simple fact they have a style that player loves. How they obtain the style/the system of TCs doesnt seem to matter. Kinda strange if ya ask me.
    • Like x 1
  16. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Yeah yeah we get it, time capsules are bad blah blah blah. You’re preaching to the choir guaranteed in every twelfth random loot box here.
    • Like x 1
  17. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Yes, dcuo isn't the only game with loot boxes. I follow quite a few game pages on Facebook and there's complaints about loot boxes ruining other games. Even people going around saying they should be considered gambling and thus rendered illegal. It's an ugly practice that no one likes, but right now it's paying for the game and letting them do cool stuff, so I welcome them as a necessary evil.
    • Like x 1
  18. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Blame mobile gaming and gambling apps, they introduced the concept. Still think Candy Crush is JUST a game???
    • Like x 2
  19. the solowing Unwavering Player

Why would i take part in something i don't support, this isnt a rant. I just thought its relevant to DCUO so i though to share it and take from it what you guys will.
  20. majosea Dedicated Player

time capsules are here to stay , you dont have to pay, just run the event every day for your keys, and trade with other players or use the broker its that easy
    • Like x 1