Tiers for combat pets...

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Rejchadar, Apr 3, 2021.

1. Rejchadar Inquisitor

I noticed that on the test server, in the box with battle pets, two new pets appeared (Nightmare Bat and Brainiak turret) and they have 3 tiers, the difference between each tier is about 5% damage. The color designation for each Tier: green, blue, purple ... old pets received the same designation ... but their damage is the same regardless of the designation (for example, the Brainiak drone pet is green, Dark Costruct Bat is blue and the Shadow Bat purple ... but they all do the same damage (besides, this damage is only at tier 1 new pets (the lowest)).
    Since there is no official theme yet, I hope this will be fixed in the future ... otherwise old pets (including unique SM pets) will only make sense for cosplay ...
    Oh yes, an interesting point ... the size of the new pet depends on its Tier ... the size, alas, matters :p :p:p
    • Like x 1
  2. Charon Lead Content Designer

It's still a work in progress. Next update will have changes finished and announcement in notes.
    • Like x 3
  3. Rejchadar Inquisitor

Will older pets also differ in size depending on the tier range?:oops:
  4. Charon Lead Content Designer

Yes. They will get standardized like they did with damage and hit values. Tier 3s will have a little extra visual flair.
  5. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

Are we going to be able to upgrade older pets to Tier 3 ?
  6. Charon Lead Content Designer

I take that back, in so much that I had planned to reduce the current size of current Tier 1s. As I go through the NPCs, finding parity with 3 different sizes is problematic in some cases. It's easier with 2. So my plan will be keep Tier 1 the size they are - wherever possible and then Tier 2 will increase in size by whatever percent looks good and Tier 3 will keep that Tier 2 size but will have a sparkly/aura/bling of some sort to set it apart - except for Survival Mode pets, there won't be Tier 1 or 2 so they will keep a Tier 2/3 size but may not have extra bling as their skin will be unique.

Yes, in a future update.
    • Like x 4
  7. Ryazan Dedicated Player

What if instead of a damage modifier those Tier 2 and 3 pets had invincibility and cc immunity? It sure gets annoying having my pet die as soon as it gets summoned.
  8. Proxystar #Perception

Are SM Pets supposed to already be the equivalent of Tier 3 or are they all Tier 1/2 despite having different colored icons or is that a work in progress as you've said we will be able to upgrade them in a future update.
  9. Charon Lead Content Designer

They will be Tier 3 with the next update (had the icons but not the damage increase yet).
    • Like x 4
  10. Charon Lead Content Designer

No on invincibility. Getting some hitpoint boost at Tier 2 and CC immunity Tier 3 I may consider.
    • Like x 4
  11. Proxystar #Perception

Ah right, yeah that's what I wondered since they were parsing the equivelent of a Tier 1 at present. Thanks
  12. Fwames Well-Known Player

You've mentioned the possibility of altering the size of combat pets but is there a chance that you'll take another peek on the suppressor turret's model? The model is outdated in terms of it's sheer looks and the overall aesthetic of it is more befitting the munitions power set. In addition, it's model is too large compared to other pets which makes it prone to body blocking other players especially in tight spaces.

I know that this is irrelevant to the topic of combat pets but if there is a possibility of reducing the size of the suppressor turret in the upcoming updates it'll be great.