Tides of War 2018

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jun 20, 2018.

1. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

"The preferred term is Master of the Mystic Arts."

But I think I serve the Lords of Order, like my Uncle Fate.
    • Like x 1
  2. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

There is no truth to the rumor that when I win at 1-on-1 PVP I say "you've been Tickled."
    • Like x 1
  3. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Hey, does anyone have a video of what the parrot does? Does it talk? Or does it just move?

If it talks, what does it say?

"What did the chicken do?"
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

5. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Yeah, I already saw that one. Doesn't have any audio though.

Thx for the link, however.
  6. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

If it did, Tori would have recorded every line.
    Edit: ^In my humble opinion.^
  7. co ni New Player

o_OFidsh y Fidsh yo_O
  8. Magnetar Man New Player

That's called a Maile lei. Usually made with Ti leaves. And contrary to what some have responded to you, it is considered a lei for men.
  9. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

Since this update Starro Conqueror & Applied Science Starros have been doing MUCH, MUCH greater damage. FIX THIS!
  10. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

Devs I think you've forgotten than these open world event area are supposed to be playable by toons all the way down to level 10. Buffing to 218 / 230 does not make up for the fact that they have virtually no SP & only a few of their power set's abilities.
    • Like x 1
  11. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

This kind of thing happens way too often: making unnecessary changes to the game without the customer's knowledge or permission.
  12. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Player's defense stats was bugged in clamped content. They fixed the bug, which is part of their job and does not require our permission or foreknowledge. They just need to tone down the damage out on certain NPCs a notch.
    • Like x 2
  13. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

If there's a problem then it needs to be fixed in the first week, not two months later. Just letting it go on establishes an expectation from the user, and when you make a change without any warning (this change was not mentioned in any hotfix note) you only serve to alienate the community. Yes they do need to inform the customer, just as any service provider does. If your car insurance changed without your knowledge you'd be furious, and the same holds for any service-providing business.

And again after two months of play the change was unnecessary.
  14. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

Here’s an example of an unnecessary change made without customer input: Essence. Amazon Fury III introduced essence as a component for mods. At the time it seemed like no big deal. O.k. so I have to do a little extra to make mods, no problem. Quickly we found out that it takes a massive amount of time to gather essence to make a full set of mods for a toon. Someone who plays a lot might be able to keep 2 – 3 toons equipped. But what if you bought alternate toons? Some players have a toon for every power set (and even if you only have the toons you get for being a member, you still paid for those – with your membership fees). You paid for those toons prior to AF III with the reasonable expectation that the game would continue as it had over the past several years. Now essence has made it impossible to keep those toons fully outfitted, and incapable of handling content at the top end of the game. But as I said the change to R&D was unnecessary; there was an established method for making mods prior to AF III that only included five components and no essence. Making mods for all your toons was relatively quick & easy. Now essence has created enough of a problem that DCUO is creating the half-measure of an augments system (I say half measure because at this moment it appears that we’ll still have to make generator mods, possibly using essence). But all that really needs to happen is to go back to the crafting method in place prior to AF III where you make mods without essence. Then you could keep all your toons capable of playing all content.
    • Like x 2
  15. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

1. Not every bug can be easily fixed within a week's time.
    2. The bug wasn't mentioned in the patch notes or prior to DoS going live probably because it was related to an exploit being used by players.
    3. You can beat content with Alpha/Beta mods. Your R&D argument is moot and irrelevant.
  16. golddragon71 Dedicated Player

question about the bubble aura is that the same as the one that came out last August when they released Water as a power? (
    I was between platforms when the release hit and missed out on a lot of the freebies.)
  17. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

No, the Bubble aura is new and very different looking.