Thoughts on the new pvp matchmaking system.

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Peacemakaz, Mar 8, 2013.

1. Peacemakaz Committed Player

The new matchmaking system is supposed to put groups of equal skill against each other, however now, every time I que with a premade, the que takes 10+ minutes to pop, even if other groups are trying to que as well.

Once the 10 minutes pass and the que finally pops, it is normally against a low lvl group of undergeared players.

To make things even worse this system has broken the ability to sync ques for competitive PvPers.

Devs, can you please remove this system until it gets revised?
  2. Itazuki New Player

They already implemented this? Thought it was only on the test server.
  3. TrueMarvel New Player

thats what I was thinking.
  4. Itazuki New Player

This was posted today. So I doubt they have it implemented yet since he said they are only still working on it.
  5. Redhot Well-Known Player

so my q will take an hour ? and how do you measure like skill are we talking people in full t4 gear vs me or will it be people with full t4 modded gear with 162 sp because if that I could be waiting a very long time for a q pop also goes for team q's because I highly doubt there is even a team comp out there that can match the combined 812 sp my 5 mans bring to the Q :p (I did not say we are skilled only that we have alot of Skill points)
  6. Pew New Player

The simplest and most effective systems i know for this sort of thing don;t even need fancy player ability algorithms for matchmaking.
    Just make a queue you can only do solo and one you can only do grouped. done.
    • Like x 1
  7. Redhot Well-Known Player

like a little game we all know and love called LoL no relation to the emot
  8. Pew New Player

Yeah, LoL also uses an ELO variant, but that always leads to problems. It only works on very large playerbases and there is endless whining from the community along the lines of "i play all day, why does my player rating never go up! I am an absolute beast, it should be over 9000"
  9. Itazuki New Player

I for one would just like the gear differences to be the matchmaking. I understand skill is still the deciding factor, but that's how people get to improve their skill, by facing opponents who have similar gear so they can become better.

If you're facing someone with higher gear, you are not going to be able to truly practice at your level of gaming, also if you are stomping under geared players you are not improving skill either, since it requires less skill to do.

Of course there will always be players who are better, but that's how it should be, winning should be decided by your skill, not your gear.
    • Like x 1
  10. Horrorshow New Player

Nothing changed. I just got put into a match with 3 trollers.

I also keep getting put with undergeared teammates who don't pull their own weight. When I mean pull weight I mean someone who constantly lunges and gives immunity, aka noobs.
  11. Itazuki New Player

The new matchmaking isn't in the game yet. They are still working on it.
  12. Horrorshow New Player

Lets see. Don't get your hopes up.
  13. Lakhesis Active Player

It's not in the game yet, and if it is, it's broken as hell.
  14. Conner New Player

Que's def broke on last update
  15. Maxx_Watt Loyal Player

Que have been getting longer & longer since SS, all the pets in atenas now im starting to wonder if people have just thrown in the towel on pvp. I ques for about 6 maps last night and it was at least 10mins before i got my 1st player declined msg.
  16. Yallander Loyal Player

I'll tell you once it is in an environment with more than 1 player online...
  17. ArcSin1 New Player

Just a guess but im gonna say its going to be totally ****ed up.
  18. PaperGirl New Player

Can i say BS ?
    Waiting hours for arenas , no pop , totally broken , and when we have a pop it's pokemon battle .
  19. Midnight Strike New Player

I'm dreading the queue times if they really do implement this. I will probably be done with PVP in DCUO if this happens and queue times go back to the way they used to be.
    • Like x 1
  20. johnny blaze New Player

DAM CAN FIGHT CLUB SEASON 1 BE F***** ???