This is why PVP is not going anywhere.

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Knarlydude, Aug 14, 2018.

1. Knarlydude Loyal Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  2. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

I don't get it.
    • Like x 3
  3. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

lol no the reason why is we all pointed out valid points and reason, your idea was good.
    But its not gonna help pvp its already been confirm they don't plan to touch it.
  4. Doom Patroller Active Player

I think Op is basically saying that PvP community, with heavy Johnny population, is being ignored because house rules are Spike-like. Hopefully you play MtG and got that; odds are you don't, though, as the D&D example didn't ring a bell. Sadly, I can't explain it any other way.

HELP, I NEED A LIFE!!!!!
    • Like x 3
  5. Knarlydude Loyal Player

It's no biggie.

Jareth didn't either.

That's a good reference. :)

https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/making-magic/timmy-johnny-and-spike-2002-03-08
    • Like x 1
  6. loupblanc Dedicated Player

7. Drathmor Unwavering Player

i give up i say they just add roles and roles counters back in like OG PvP (I.E. Rock, paper, scissors) and see were that lands us if it brings back the fun or not
    • Like x 1
  8. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Wow! They actually confirmed this?
  9. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Yes and the reason is referenced in the picture. Well,............ one of the reasons.
  10. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

the reason as to why they are not doing anything with pvp is many things are wrong with it. after the revamp things just dont work well with it and it would take too much time and money to get into it. so they look at the bigger pay off which is pve and upgrading the systems for that before getting into pvp. things are kinda in line in pve but making those things better will not happen till the systems are up and running to their highest standers , artifacts, augments, ranking gear and what ever else they got in mind. after that we might get fixes to powers and weapons even the strongest weapons needed a 15% base buff. anyone walking around with a weapon for dps is pretty much a joke. the money for them is in pve not pvp at this time. they want to make the game free to play and the pve gear system as it is now stops the game for going free to play. just take a look at warframes players base and fortnite they dont have a membership and they make way more than dcuo does. which would make me think this is why ranking systems are here. all thats missing is gear ranking system so we can run content at will without needing to buy a membership to unlock content and be held back with no inv space or money. the way to make money for this game is to keep u on longer grind ur gear rank lvl with content old content would give low exp end game more exp elite even more. every add u ko would give exp bosses would give more. this would fix the kicking system crap so ur not so pissed off when u get kicked atleast u got exp. this part right here would make the game blow up get ready for it ...... double exp weekends for gear rank lvl omg did i just say that!!! now add all these things to pvp and u got urself dcuo 2 a game thats fun again hope the devs are reading this. this is how its done oh and lose elite gear and op gear give everyone the collection feats free that collection stuff and elite gear has to go out the window. u all know it does because artifacts will out stat them and so will augments. ill also say elite gear and op collection with gear is a big dev time waste. working on the stats aswell. just make it easy on us and you and rank it u know u want too
    • Like x 1
  11. QALLENONE New Player

My solution for fixing PVP is would be to implement a reward for getting knock outs, not for winning because its just gonna be healers. Devs should really look into rewarding players for knockouts, maybe they could implement Nth metal for kills?? This would fix 1v1 issues today since simply “staying alive” won’t be as rewarding. They would just have to decide on a number of Nth metal dropped with each kill. And I know it’s not ideal because of the availability of MP obtained experience, which in theory reduces their sales but it could also potentially fix PVP and bring in more sales for Daybreak.

If they were to adjust the amount, let’s say to 50-100 experience per kill and then a bonus for winning: let’s say 500-1000, then people would start enjoying it more and actually do something other than shields and heal themselves till somebody gives up. For Nth metal, they could just make the amount gained per match slightly greater than it is in our current
    “time- based” drops from instances. Monetizing could be done by making it so if there’s an active Nth Metal detector a kill will result in additional Nth or cache drops.This could be more money for Daybreak since people will strongly consider buying Nth detectors from MP and actually have options how to earn their Nth. Since, they’re so many artifacts in the game now, some time down the road if all goes well they could even extend their feats by adding in Feat Points for reaching XXX level of artifact.

As far as 4v4 or 8v8 goes, Nth could be dropped for whoever gets a kill but IF let’s say 3 out of 4 people have popped detectors will get caches regardless if their hit was last. They’re just some variables devs have to play with such as Nth Detector duration, a limit of Nth caches dropped etc. Here’s how you could monetize PvP and bring people back, make it fun and encourage both PvErs to play PvP and vice versa.
  12. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

The pvp community got what it asked for with the Last Laugh dlc and that's what started all the mess.