This game needs legitimate comedy

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by C3alix, Dec 27, 2013.

1. C3alix Committed Player

I'm talkin' fighting Bane while he's showering himself in Venom in a huge bathroom.

I wanna see The Penguin start mackin' on Catwoman then Batman comes out of nowhere like the State Farm Agent.

Let me witness Joker's goons drive around in clown cars doing drive-by's with paintball guns.

What about a crazy scenario between Croc and Deathstroke in which you have to interrupt either of their super moves and then they blame each other?

Lets get a sick Superman crashing into buildings and sneezing cars everywhere.

Why hasn't Brainiac discussed politics or his lack of trust yet?

I want Oracle to forget what the hell she's doing once in a while and talk to me about her personal life and how Starfire is an emotional wreck.
    • Like x 7
  2. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

The TOMbot was nice to see, its' basically the exact thing you're describing. Just a little funny nonsense. I'm with ya though more of that would be cool.
    • Like x 3
  3. Archangel Rafael New Player

the humor in comic books is very hard to re-create. It mostly relies on readers who have a very deep knowledge of the characters. Thus, things are funny if you really know the characters but if you don't, the joke whizzes right by you.

I think it would very difficult to get good comic-book humor into this game.
  4. Raijin1999 Loyal Player

I still want to see a breakage of the 4th wall, where players end up within SOE DCUO HQ and encounter the devs, are given intern level menial tasks to complete, and finally figure out how to get back into the game. A 'SOON' joke is a must.
    • Like x 3
  5. The Lone Stranger Devoted Player

Only if they add Mepps to Legends!

His moves?

Glitch: Freezes an opponent while doing damage. Opponent will remain frozen for 5 seconds or until Mepps' Hit Counter resets (allowing him to take advantage of the Glitch and rack up lots and lots of damge).

Nerf: Lowers an opponent's damage to half for five seconds.

Buff: Increases his precision damage +100% for five seconds or until Hit Counter resets.

Hotfix: Puts 350 msec lag on target for five seconds.

Game Update: Makes one of the target's powers (selected at random) unusable for five seconds.

Development: Quick switch to a random weapon.
    • Like x 9
  6. GJGBlackDragon Dedicated Player

I must say that the " Joker's goons drive around in clown cars doing drive-by's with paintball guns." will be fun, but the Mepps Loadout was the overkill! LoL
  7. Ghostof91 New Player

What about Joker's stance lol gets me everytime:)
  8. Shinkamalei New Player

I support this 100%. xDD OP MEPPS FTW!
    • Like x 1
  9. The Aerovenger Dedicated Player

Supercharge - Game Ban - opponent can do nothing for 20 secs! :D
    • Like x 4
  10. Ice Lantern New Player

I just think of the phrase "SOE Software Quality Assurance" and I can't help but smile.
  11. YodaDog New Player

I come here for my comedy..
    • Like x 1
  12. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

How about this for comedy everybody cries so much for nerfs on here even the vault got nerfed!! sad but true.
  13. The Aerovenger Dedicated Player

Dude...plenty of comedy!

This game has me, General Zod, Yoda-dog, the developers & plenty of noobs to provide those 'funny moments'!
  14. Physique Dedicated Player

Every now and again, I strike up conversations with Raven, Robin, Power Girl, or Aquaman in the Watchtower. Great conversationalists, that lot. Also, Non in the Hall of Doom... he'll talk your ear off if you let him (and can understand what the heck he's saying)...
  15. Blight KOBRA Commander

It has legitimate comedy - it's called PvP.
  16. The Lone Stranger Devoted Player

We could definately include that instead of the Development.
    So, his weapon is a wireless keyboard wielded like a 1 handed weapon.
    • Like x 2
  17. Feenicks New Player

Some of the vendors and mission givers say funny things. But I would love to see random comedy in the open world.

How about a mime performing in the park and having Captain Cruel kick him over a building.
    • Like x 1
  18. mistersting New Player

I just laugh at people begging for free stuff (including actual DLC!) in the chat.
  19. Maxx_Watt Loyal Player

Turn on chat for a PUG instance, the great thing is these people don't even know how comical they are. When your done laughing be scared be very scared knowing they can vote.
  20. Archangel Rafael New Player

/sigh... nerds are terrible at comedy. 4th wall and absurdity, that's all ya got. sooo not-funny.

none of this stuff would be funny. it wouldn't make anyone laugh.

It would be "funny" by way of absurdity if they made the stuff. Therefore it seems funny to think about now, in the planning phase, but it wouldn't be funny at all to be playing it in game.

even good jokes are only funny so many times which makes comedy in an extremely repetitive mmo very difficult.