This earth thing is a little bit out of control

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MensSana, Sep 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

We were originally told that all support roles were going to do significantly more damage (not DPS level, but more than they had in the past). They didn't quite deliver because it seems that only Earth and Atomic achieved this, and Earth became the clear over-achiever. Before the Revamp and way before AMs & CR Differential (especially that), Trolls were capable of putting up decent numbers and could rival average DPSes. CR Differential and AMs obliterated that and returned trolls to simple battery status with the occasional crowd control need. Healers were less capable in this regard with the exception being Celestial...and eventually they got their wings clipped as well.

As for the clearly exaggerated "what's to stop a 6 Earth tank run"...first of all nothing. Why the hell not try it??? There's no way it'll become a "problem" or somehow cause this great DPS disturbance that seems to be the unfounded fear of the month. If you can find 5 other Earth Tanks willing to do it, bless your soul. It's hard getting just one tank in a group, and despite the grand protestation of this thread, not everyone out there is that heavily interested in battle tanking. In the brief period I played Neverwinter, Tanks and Healers were capable of rivaling DPS in Damage...I saw no issues there. It's only in Scoreboard Universe online where DPSes get bu**hurt about being outDPSed by a support role where that's a big issue.

Should Earth tanks be brought down a notch....in my opinion, probably...for the sake of not creating too much jealousy amongst the other support roles which are not living up to the potential we were initially sold on.

One last thing, I don't think the feedback about active tanking was misinterpreted as you do, and I have seen plenty here and in other places ask for support roles to be able to at least do enough damage to run solo content even if it takes a little bit longer than a DPS. Since the Devs can monitor what goes on in the game, they can see how many Earth players are running in DPS or Tank roles...since as you point out, the majority don't voice their opinions here, their in-game actions will speak louder than words (for the record, i've been doing my daily solos and 411 in Tank role and loving it).
    • Like x 4
  2. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

That can be another thing going on there. But having run with a few people (leaguemates and friends) who are topping the scoreboard very easily. Part of it is also the fact that Tanks don't click on consoles or generally participate in pick-ups. And since they are "Hard-To-Kill-DPSes™" (as my leaguemate put it), they shouldn't die as often as the rest do...and since it is Damage Per Second, that's a lot of time to get those numbers up there.
  3. Emoney Dedicated Player

I missed the edit window, I also wanted to point out I am fire, not earth or atomic. Any tank can do decent numbers damagewise with this setup.
    • Like x 2
  4. StillDeathern Dedicated Player

For who is it a major problem? The DPS? Couldn't they all just Earth Tank till their hearts content?

Hell, kick the tank he may out damage me...
  5. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

I have read the very same rants you've posted here in several threads...so I know your agenda all too well. I don't really agree with it...not at your level of anger and disgust.

I've always been of the open mind that support roles doing decent damage is ok. That Earth tanking is putting out as much damage as its DPS side might be a bit excessive, but "imbalanced garbage", "disgusting"...??? Nah, I could never get down to your level of hatred. The Devs are working everything out, so I know they'll get to that eventually and "adjust" things accordingly. DPS for the most part is in a decent place, barring a few overperforming abilities and a few underperforming powersets. That too is being corrected. What you're asking for is the excessive power creep that has made any previous balance attempt pretty much impossible...and i'll never co-sign that.
    • Like x 4
  6. xD25x Dedicated Player

I never get out dpsed as a celestial dps but the damage tanks can do is a bit much. In a perfect world it should be about 50 to 60 prrcent of the tops dps and all support roles should be able to perform to that level.
    • Like x 3
  7. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

See, that's where you lose ALL credibility. They reset everything to address the powercreep that they allowed first with new powersets and gear stats during Tier 5, followed by Weapon Mastery and then Advanced Mechanics in Tier 6, and lastly by the dreaded CR differential in Tier 7. After Revamp, DPSes did not lose any mods, they were just adjusted to bring things down to a more balanced or easier to balance level. This helps them in creating more balanced content in the future. All the mods are still there, they're just not tuned to ridiculous mode. Next time bring facts, not hyperbole to an argument.
    • Like x 3
  8. Tarif Committed Player

It used to be:

"Instead of the normal listed damage bonus, using a super power while in DAMAGE role always increases damage by 60% until the combo counter resets ( at least 5 seconds). ((Other Roles)) Using a super power increases damage by 10% for a short time."

Now its just a flat 2% across the board. Any role, nothing unique about this Mod being used as a dps's bread and butter any longer.
    • Like x 1
  9. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Well....it's partially true. Earth Tanks doing pretty damn good damage, and specced right (Tank gear mixed with a few pieces of DPS gear), they can easily outDPS just about anyone. I see this on a weekly basis...and it's kind of hilarious. But you're right that there's a lot of boohooing going on.
  10. ozzy1111 Dedicated Player

it is a very rare thing that we agree with something. lol
    • Like x 1
  11. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Not to be rude crude or obnoxious but if the game evolves and suddenly we have 5 or 6 tanks on a team beating the living crap out of everything that moves ... healing themselves so the healer job got REAL easy and even generating their own power so the troll can relax ... What is so horrible about that? And how is it ANY different than the 6-1-1 teams that emerged after Wm and AM arrived and suddenly .. why do we need a Tank? Why do we need 2 trolls or 2 healers ... lets just BURN through everything.

Last i checked they still sell power respecs in the Market if the DPS hate suddenly not being "THE MOST POPULAR" role..then respec and become a TANK. YES I own and operate an Atomic tank and YES just like Earth I am now beating most of not all the DPS on scoreboards.. Why? Well let's see..

1. I have a ton of defense so I don't die like 9 or 10 times because I am too busy shooting stuff to top the score board. If you never die you can just keep shooting at stuff

2. I generate my own power so that troll that used to be the EVER READY BUNNY can now spend way more time debuffing things and making it easier to kill them

3. I also heal myself so go back to # 1 .. if i'm not on one knee every time you turn around and i am never out of power i can just keep doing damage.

I did an alert last week with 1 Troll , 1 Healer and 2 Tanks. Not a DPS in sight. Not a single death. No one ever ran out of power .. not even the healer because .. if the tank isn't taking any damage it cant heal itself I don't need to start healing at the front doo r and keep it up till we reach the back door. Took about the same amount of time as it used to before the revamp when most of those alerts were 3 DPS and 1 healer. And we all had fun!

I get it the DPS are upset because they want to just shoot stuff.. Like I said respec and become a tank.. you can shoot all the stuff you like and never have to worry about DYING.
    • Like x 1
  12. Proxystar #Perception

It doesn't really matter mate because all stats have been tuned across the board in terms of performance the 2% increase provides you with a relatively similar result.

You're just looking at 60% dropping to 2% and going "omg broken" while ignoring all other stat shifts.

Yes they took away the penalty if support take max damage but if a support player is taking max damage instead of say regenerative shielding then they're sacrificing a support benefit for the sake of extra damage.

This is where the balancing act comes in do you sacrifice survivability for more damage; in certain circumstances sure.

However if your stats are higher than the support you'll do more damage than them unless something is broken such as the instance performance ceiling or a particular power.

Instead of nashing teeth about battle support which is entirely misguided we need to focus on the real issue not non issues like the max damage mod
    • Like x 2
  13. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

It depends on who you run with. Despite the urgent sounding thread title, there aren't as many Earth Tanks running around giving DPSes a run for their money. I play with leaguemates and friends, but I also pug a lot (my league will tell you about my dirty PUGing habits), I don't see this that often with pugs out there...but I do see it with my leaguemates & friends.;)
  14. ozzy1111 Dedicated Player

well said!!!!!!!!!
  15. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Unless he popped a lot of colas, cycled Supply Drops and Sidekick along with Soothing Sands, and the healing hand mod with shield use. Plus it's possible the healer did a good job of healing when necessary instead of spamming heals all day. If that's the case, the Tank might have been healing himself more often than the healer did. And with that damage output from 6 players combined (the lowest being in the 3mil range), nothing stayed alive long enough to put a big strain on that group. That looks like a damned good run to me.
    • Like x 1
  16. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Only the supply drop that YOU drop counts as healing/power out.
  17. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

And your point?

You are not showing the people's Current CR. We cannot look up their Skill Points or to see if they have Leagues or not. Things like this matter. Additionally, we cannot see if these people were or weren't on buff sodas or omegas. Things like this do matter.

If I was the healer, I would out damage all of you since I battle heal.
    • Like x 1
  18. ozzy1111 Dedicated Player

to say a tank out DPS'ED me. and need s to be nerfed, is just way to vague a thing to say.

so much info is needed to make it a clear picture.
    • Like x 3
  19. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Without being able to Wavedox the players, we'll never really know. But as I stated to someone else, There are several things a tank can do to get a large amount of healing out (Supply Drop, Sidekick, Healing Hand Mod along with a shield or two, Soder Colas, seasonal trinket, Soothing Sands). As a matter of fact, a long while back, I as an Earth DPS managed to get 65,000 healing out in a PvP match against a Rage Tank who was healing the crap out of himself, using all of the things I described above.
  20. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.