Third Faction, Including Player Bounties?!?!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TheRealDeathern, Dec 17, 2013.

1. TheRealDeathern New Player

So I have this idea of a third faction being added to the game. The faction wouldn't be either hero or villian but somewhere in between. For sake of the conversation, we will call them "bounty hunters". Now this faction would have iconic representation in the form of deathstroke, catwoman (not really a bounty hunter, I know), and other well known in-between good and evil characters that often grace the pages of comics.

In addition to the new faction, I also think it would be cool to add actual "player bounties..." This would consist of a reward being offered for the capture (take down) of said player by the community, in essence a human toon (or many) would be looking for a specific player, not an NPC. That "target" player would be selected at random from a listing of players who currently are on online and in PVP phase... If a target logged out, left PVP phase, or was captured, the bounty would reset and a new player would be selected from the listing of available players.

Players could be captured in PVP matches, legendary battles, and even PVP phase through out the game. Hints as to the whereabouts or locations of the individual would be given periodically. For example, if the player just went into Central City, the announment would state "target last seen headed toward Central City...".

I think this would add additional individuals to PVP phase, return huge battles (target grouping with league mates/friends to avoid capture) that have long been missing from the streets of Metro and Goth.

Oh and just in case you think "I'd just hide out in the WT...", bounty hunters would be able to frequent both headquarters at will, so they are comming for you regardless.

There is no escaping, run little man run. :D

I'd love to hear your thoughts and ideas regarding this. I realize it won't be popular with some, but I think it would be very interesting addition to the game. Thanks in advance, and happy hunting!
  2. Mermaid Dedicated Player

It sounds cool and interesting but would furthermore increase the gap between factions. It'll be harder for villains to que, would delayed projects and more time will be needed in making Dlc's to create storyline for another faction thus delaying more projects that will affect the game and frustrate some people for delayed DLC's.
  3. OMNiPoT3NT New Player

It would be awesome I'd definitely be one but like mermaid says it'll further the gap between factions which our player base isn't big enough for sadly cause this is a great idea I'd love to be a bounty hunter idk if your kidnap idea could work but like in gta 5 online how bounties are place would actually be fun
  4. TheRealDeathern New Player

Most of these concerns could be avoided.

When a player has completed their story mode, simply ask them if they wish to be a bounty hunter, or make it when you phase to PVP, it becomes part of the phase (everyone in PVP would recieve the announcemnts, no true "bounty hunter" faction would exist, I like both of these ideas less than a new faction, but I'm open to them...).
  5. TheRealDeathern New Player

See #4 above, also or in additon to, maybe bounty hunters could share PVE with both villian and/or hero side so the new faction wouldnt cut into the player base of either side.
  6. Poo New Player

This has been posted a hundred times already. Not gonna happen.
  7. TheRealDeathern New Player

I did a search, and didn't see anything related to the topic, a third faction, or player bounties.

I love it when players state " its not going to happen", which it very well might not, but then fail to give any specifics as to why they feel this way. Why bother to post anything at all if you have nothing constructive to say? Its unwarrented at best, and offers little if anything to the conversation at hand.
  8. fairyofdiscord Well-Known Player

do we really need a third faction like others said it will just delay stuff greatly . they have to back and make level missions from 1 to 30 for the new faction along with tier mission as well ,which will take a long time no doubt there will be bugs too.