Thinking about dropping sorcey for another power

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by thedemonocus, Apr 28, 2020.

1. thedemonocus Loyal Player

So i am sorcery and do like it for the most part but i am thinking about switching to a different power for a few reasons.
    1. I know its silly but i don't like the aura you are forced to have when your pet is out,it clashes with my characters style.

2. Pets ,they do good damage but they also die a lot in harder content and in a lot of feat runs i have to turn them off. I have tried many different no pet loadouts but none of them do the kind of damage i get with my pets.

3. i find sorcery healing not very good or at least not very good when i use it lol

Since i have all the healer and dps gear and generator mods specced for heal/dps powers that are not heal powers are out so no quantum,fire ect. Nature is out because i don't like the look of it or the forms,water i have never tried so i have no clue about that one,celestial on the fence cause of the combos so at the moment i'm leaning towards electricity but not sure so any advice would be helpful.
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Electricity and Celestial are great for both roles. Water is arguably the best heal powerset, not the best damage.
    • Like x 1
  3. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Take a look at my sorcery video. The pet I use there is the robot sidekick so you won’t actually loose to much damage when not running it.

I also just released an electric video just now so I’ll link it too in case you want to take a look at electric dpsing.

As for the healing side I personally prefer sorcery but that more personal preference. If you want advice about healing I along with other would be happy to help. I’m working on my celestial video next but it won’t be up until mater this week.
    • Like x 1
  4. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

I have a water toon, and electric. I like the water better for healing to be honest. It's pretty laid back for the most part, and not a hog on power.
    Plus I've got a really nice couple of loadouts for dmg, and it does great.

Using the solace of sea (water pool) and a couple burst heals when needed: you can spam tsunami strikes to keep HP up on people.
    Electric requires more burst, quick reaction, and tends to eat my power.
  5. dcuotoo Well-Known Player

water is a better damager than most assume..
    • Like x 1
  6. Brit Loyal Player

I primarily play as a Nature Healer.

Electricity is my favorite powerset. Electricity is incredibly fun, incredibly simple, very high parsing AOE DPS. Electricity is also solid on the healing front, though I always feel a bit awkward with it, because Electricity has to aim and place heals while Nature just heals everything. If you have experience with Sorcery healing, then Electricity will be similar, though I found it to be more effective.

Electricity's biggest downside is a generally weak single-target set-up, which pretty much requires you to also build a Precision alternative for single-target boss fights, or to lag behind significantly on DPS.
  7. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

Very true! It's considered an underdog, but with the right rotation, it's got it's place. I've had a few people assume my water was sitting on over 500sp. (More like just over 300 on that alt)
  8. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

Not necessarily. With the right setup, electric can shine with single target. Yes, you'll have to have a separate armoury for ST, which I'm sure you already do. And for the first time, and this time only, I'll actually share my electric ST LO:
    "If some splash damage is okay, you'll use Arc lighting, if no splash is wanted, don't use it."

Full might sp spec (obviously crits). Artifacts: solar amp, la mort, grim.

Rotation: Arc lighting, Heat vision, Ionic drain, Tesla blast x2, HV, ionic, Arc, Tesla, HV, ionic, Tesla x2, cont.

If no splash: HV, ionic, Tesla x2 rinse and repeat.

5th power, RSK, circuit breaker SC.

Ionic drain is a very fast hitting, and very strong finisher, with la mort. The above setup allows you to use very frequently too, which adds doom stacks quickly.
  9. RoBotkin Well-Known Player

I've heard water has a kind of short range on it's he
  10. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

I can't say that it's true. The solace of the sea (pool) does have a limited range. It's big though. You can see the water drops on you even outside of the main pool, letting you know you're still in range. The other heals, in my opinion, have great range.
    • Like x 1
  11. dcuotoo Well-Known Player

artifacts only help too...water has a finisher...all finishers were given a boost and an artifact that makes them even more powerful...for example..
    • Like x 1
  12. Captin Raptor Well-Known Player

I dont regularly play the other healer powers but i have a sorcery and water toons that i play fairly often.

Im probably in the minority but i actually prefer healing with sorcery over water. Its just a personal preference and i have more fun with it.

On the dps side sorcery is pretty much trash.

Ive played sorcery for probably 6-7 years, have watched all the vids, read all the tutorials, tried all the loadouts etc... And still with a water toon that ive played for 6 months with 200 less sp and a few less cr i can finish solos 2-3 min quicker and put out 5-10 mil more dmg in raids than i can with my sorcery toon.

I was hoping the source shard artifact would help things a bit, but with fury dropping like a fly, interrupts, stuns and terrible lag interrupting and negating the 5 sec power up and the overall unreliability in actual content has erased those hopes.
  13. Psyfur Well-Known Player

I highly recommend water. It’s quite versatile. You can go all out in elite raids by having 3 - 6 hots running simultaneously or take it easy in alerts by turning the dps into “tanks”, only healing them when necessary.
    • Like x 1
  14. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

Ya, through alerts, drop a pool, tsunami strikes, they usually stay topped up in health: maybe a mending wave here and there.
  15. Psyfur Well-Known Player

In alerts, I like to constantly cast bubble and reset it with riptide. Bubble almost never pops early in older alerts. If it does, there’s another shield ready to go. Makes me feel “tanky”. Lol
    • Like x 1
  16. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

Too often in the newer alerts, my water character ends up tanking (in healer role) the bosses. Lex isn't easy to tank as a healer, maybe I'll try double bubble lol.