They made good on their promise [Superman and Lois spoiler]

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Emoney, Jun 27, 2023.

1. Emoney Dedicated Player

When Superman and Lois introduced Bizarro, it started out exactly like the Doomsday story in the comics. The suit he showed up in, it all lined up. Then, they did a 180 and made it Bizarro after telling fans it was who they thought it was....

Then, we all held out hope it could follow the Bizarro Doomsday storyline. Admittedly I never read that, so I don't know how it lines up....

But tonight, they made good on the promise, it did turn out to be who we thought it was, and this season ended with a Superman vs Doomsday cliffhanger...

I am so looking forward to next season. This episode blew me away, and what a way to end a pretty stellar season. Best DC TV show of all time! Did any of you see it? Did you enjoy it as much as I did?
    • Like x 1
  2. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

I will be watching it tomorrow (when it hits the app)tho did you hear they cut a bunch of ppl for next season.
    • Like x 1
  3. Emoney Dedicated Player

Yeah, I thought it was because they were going to move back to Metropolis, at least that was my theory. Now I think it has to do with the CGI costs, because this episode was loaded. And, if they do the Death of Superman story next season, it will probably focus on Jordan as Superboy...and maybe still be based in Metropolis.
  4. Emoney Dedicated Player

And, most of all, I can't wait for more Lex Luthor. This guy is a fantastic take on the character!
  5. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

idk we will see how it plays out but me ik im kinda happy they are bumping Beppo and Sarah out, Beppo was way underused since they upgraded her after season one and Sarah has just gotten annoying especially this last season
    • Like x 1
  6. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

i would have liked to see them continue with Cryer in the role but i am digging this guys vibes, gritty and dark..... it is gonna be nice to see a Lex like that
    • Like x 1
  7. Emoney Dedicated Player

Cryer was OK as far as the intelligence, but this version definitely showcases the brutal, and vengeful side of Luthor. And, his tactical thought, the way he thought out the plan to take over Strykers, and now with Bizarro. It's way too soon to say he's better than Rosenbaums Lex, but he's growing on me!
    • Like x 1
  8. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

see in this specific case Cudlitz works better regardless because he is younger then Cryer so it feels just a bit more accurate as i believe Lex did go to jail early on in his career. at least on some earth or another (pick a reboot? lol)
    • Like x 1
  9. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

id say the show is a guilty pleasure but um i dont feel guilty about loving this one at all
  10. Emoney Dedicated Player

No, not at all. The cast and acting is top notch....even despite some of the side characters I can live without, they all had their place though. Nothing feels over done like the Flash.The plotlines have been fresh, and I enjoyed the twists, to keep us comic nerds guessing.

Tyler, I don't care what anyone says, is a spectacular Superman and Clark....especially Clark. Seeing him as a Dad is interesting, and new. Him and Lois have great chemistry too, and General Lane.

I thoroughly enjoyed Mannheim as well. Bizarro is great, and what they did with this episode, man, what a way to end a season and introduce Lex.
    • Like x 1
  11. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

I was so hyped when I saw Doomsday form. The spikes were a clear foreshadow of Bizarro transforming into Doomsday. Two things I don’t like well three things. Why does this version fly? Bizarrodoomsday face doesnt have spikes looks weird in this version. Lastly, LOL at Lex Luthor. Like why does he look like a Sons of Anarchy biker gang lol get rid of the beard and goatee too. I seen many versions of Lex Luthor and I have yet to see this one lmao I even liked the actor from 2 and half Men as Lex Luthor.
    • Like x 2
  12. Emoney Dedicated Player

Well like I said above I never read the Bizarro Doomsday storyline, I just assumed he could fly since Bizarro could....I don't know whether or not he could in that specific comic run. Same to the spikes, maybe they just wanted to add a lil flair lol.

And yeah I agree on Lex. I was saying to my wife as we watched it, he needed to trim the beard and he wouldn't look like a biker as much lol. Did you not watch Smallville...and Micheal Rosenbaums Lex? He is my favorite. And like we talked about above, Cryer (Two and a half Men) had some good traits, but much like the Justice League movies version, I don't think he seemed tough enough. Maniacal, and witty, yes....but lacked the presence. Rosenbaum was kinda the same, but he was meant to be a far younger version.
    • Like x 2
  13. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

In DCUO Doomsday doesn’t fly. In the Comic Death of Superman, Doomsday doesn’t fly. In the animated movies and the cartoon show like Justice League Unlimited, Doomsday doesn’t fly. I don’t remember the names of the actors only their faces lol sorry.
    • Like x 2
  14. Emoney Dedicated Player

Yeah, all those reference the original Doomsday, and you're right he doesn't fly but jumps extremely high like the Hulk, or original Superman. He also never originally had a back story, (In the Death of Superman run in the comics) he just showed up in a suit that was identical to the suit they had Bizzaro show up in last season on the show.

But what I was referring to, there's a comic run where Bizarro became Doomsday....and I dunno if he could fly. I guess I could do a quick wiki search, but, I'm OK with the change anyways. Made for an awesome fight scene on the moon!
    • Like x 1
  15. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

M
    My problem with him flying is that Superman could launch Doomsday into space and he wouldn’t be able to come back. Maybe he could’ve thrown Doomsday into the sun but that’s not possible anymore. Now im left to believe the way he defeats Doomsday is by throwing him into the Phantom Zone. Also, in Batman vs Superman movie, Zod was used to make Doomsday. Zod could fly therefore did Doomsday? Don’t remember but if turns out he doesn’t. Then yeah, annoyed by that addition to already immortal Doomsday.
  16. Emoney Dedicated Player

I think what will happen, is they kill each other in the Smallville mine. Superman will be slightly stronger due to the yellow kryptonite, and for bizarro, that's his weakness. He could get buried in it, and theoretically it would keep him in a stasis, and not allow him to come back to life....unless someone digs him up in the future. Just my theory.