These things should be tweaked before touching PvP, Devs.

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Intense Action Sequence, Mar 13, 2013.

1. Intense Action Sequence New Player

Devs, if you plan on making PvP an even and competitive playing field, there are things that you need to do, and a lot of them are really simple changes.
    • Make pets used from the same source override each other, and make henchmen override each player's as PoT does. For example, if I have Mr.Boo summoned with a trinket, and if I summon A Scary Jack with another trinket, Mr.Boo should be replaced by the Jack. If I have Mr.Boo summoned with a trinket, and if I summon henchmen with another trinket, Mr.Boo should be replaced by the henchmen. If a player in my group summons his henchmen, and if I summon my henchmen afterward, his henchmen should be replaced by mine. If I have a watcher summoned by means of a power in my loadout, and if I summon Mr.Boo with a trinket, this should remain the same because it is perfectly understandable. This is DCUO, not pokemon.
    • Steel is, has, always has been since his initial release, insanely overpowered, and I have yet to see a reason that he isn't besides "I always beat Steel," or, "It's a moneymaking tactic so deal with it." Steel is an overpowered game mechanic, a meat shield with glass cannon AoE splash damage and stuns. Steel has the most DoTs out of any of the legends roster. And please, enough with the, "you can avoid the mine" excuse. I can't avoid a mine if a Steel is planting it on a node I HAVE to stand on if I plan on winning. Steel's shield, out the entirety of the legends roster, is the only shield that is usable while controlled AND grants invulnerability. If a team of only Steels, of any skill level can win ANY scenario, it's overpowered. Legends that you pay ten bucks for should be for different play-styles and for fan favorites, not solely because of how they're EXTREMELY overpowered. Why is it that Steel remains unchanged and Hal receives a buff, while Power Gazongas and Superman(HUGE fan favorites, by the by) are almost freaking useless? Make his bubble reduce damage, and not be completely invulnerable. Make his hammer-hold deal damage, but not stun.
    • Acrobatics needs a buff. For real. Acrobatics has always been considered the worst movement out of the three, because it is so useless once in combat. Gliding upward and downward is slower in combat and you are unable to use your horizontal grappling hooks. The hooks that get you up walls are the only ones you can use in combat, and in a PvP situation, this is a really dumb and difficult means of escape. There is little chance that an opponent trying to kite you is going to be sticking against a wall, and it is not difficult AT ALL for any of the other movements to be able to get to you if you somehow manage to sprawl up the ceiling. I'm not sure if you're able to double jump in combat, but even then, that can only get you so far when you move so slowly in combat. Make the horizontal grappling hooks usable while in combat, and to balance things out, make the vertical grappling hooks NOT usable while in combat, and make both the hooks and glide unusable while grounded.
    • Super speed's inertial flywheel needs to be unusable while grounded. Usable while in combat? Sure. Usable while grounded? No. No, no, no. Grounding is meant to take you out of movement mode while in combat, and it should also remove the use of some moves that are usable whilst in combat. If flight is not able to fly when grounded, super speed should not be able to easily jump out of any situation while grounded. Kiting, keep away, and zoning are strategies, yes, but it should not be as simple as two-taps of the X button. That's overpowered.
    If there's anything I should add, anything I should be corrected on, please let me know, and PLEASE (This is where most people fail) give valid reasoning.

• Like x 1
  2. Brice Allen Loyal Player

Responses in "red".
    • Like x 2
  3. Aqua New Player

Agree on the pets, although having one person's pets cancel another would be kinda odd, there's another good topic about this so I'll cut this one short.

Even though I paid for Steel, he is quite a bit ridiculous. The only thing holding him back from eating everyone alive in Legends is that he uses an easy to block 2h. Give him MA or 1h for a week and watch these forums flow with tears of blood.

Acro I completely agree with your changes. Although, instead of tinkering with SS, devs should just make Acro more formidable. Buff throwing knives or the Acro flips, and give it a worthy supercharge.

I would add a few things to your list though:

Immunities. They gotta go or they gotta be fixed. Since devs are trying to make pvp geared toward casual people, at least do something with immunities that will benefit them and avid pvpers alike. I'm referring to the way they trigger erratically (i.e. you block break someone and they get an immunity instead).

Next, counter mechanics. The windows to retaliate against a block break are too long. If I threw a BB and am now 2 button taps into my next combo I should not be countered for that previous BB at that time, the timing is too attenuated.

All I got for now. I'm sure someone else can add to this.
  4. Talve Dedicated Player

That is actually one of the best solutions i have heard for the problem.
    I mean best for me would be just to remove them from PvP.
    But its best in the way that all those pet lovers (them BETA guys) can still use the pets, while you can't pets.
    So step at right direction for sure.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    You can avoid the mine if it is on the node (it has almost no health, so right tap / ranged AoE or nuke / AoE roar for 1 tick to jump cancel).
    However you will have very hard time avoiding it when it is casted on top of you.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Nope. It blocks ~1600 damage with 100 damage here or there. So it is just like John's...but usable while controlled.

And again ill go with my 5 steps.

Having invulnerable roll you can cancel out from is not enough?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    nerf. NERF!!!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This is what is wrong.

And yes, i'm immune to stuns and knockbacks.
    And yes, it took me 1 match and 1 try to take it on video, as its like that majority of times.
  5. Intense Action Sequence New Player

Having an invulnerable roll will not help me kite or flee from a situation quickly. It will also take up a slot on my mods. And if you use the mod for inertial flywheel, it'll give you power back, as well, so kiting healers now have a HUGE advantage for playing keepaway.
  6. Itazuki New Player

Pretty much is some things we need looked at. Them pets... Jeez.

Though I think these fixes should come with the new PvP updates coming... It would be a nice addition.