The Witching Hour mission bug

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Magnificent, Oct 23, 2018.

1. Magnificent Loyal Player

I know it's not on Test any longer and is about to rotate off Live but I am putting this thread here as a note for the Devs for next year...

There are two different fights that can occur from activating a Witching Hour node: one with only three ghosts that upon their defeat they become objects you pick up and place into nodes, the other is five (I believe) straight-up tank-n-spank spawns. The first one runs first one runs fine, the second seems to have an issue...

Upon beginning the second style of fight, for at least the first 5-10 seconds or so, the ghosts are invulnerable to Power damage (at least from Fire). This includes both DoT and direct damage. During this time they are damaged by melee as normal. After that initial period some will become vulnerable to Power damage but some never do (it seems the very first one to spawn stays invulnerable to Power damage throughout the fight more often than the others).
    • Like x 2
  2. recoil2 Dedicated Player

i had a similar issue earlier, unfortunately most of the apparitions stayed invulnerable instead and i could not damage them until the timer on the portal had run out, even though i was steadily stunning them with aoe dots and hitting them with weapon strike and was approximately 103 cr above them so it couldn't have been the mechanic where the ghosts absorb life energy from the trick or treaters and regain health.
    • Like x 1
  3. MrMigraine Devoted Player

I believe that you are experiencing a splitting issue. It's something I've noticed in years past as well, and I've always chalked it up to lag or something, but someone here on these boards explained it a few weeks ago (credit to whomever mentioned this; sorry I don't remember the thread).

At three targets, you get the typical 1 damage per mob. You do your normal damage, and the seasonal system rounds it down to 1 damage per hit or per tick.

At any more than three targets, the damage-applying system seems to round down to zero - and you get no damage at all. Once those five targets drift away from one another (chasing down the hapless citizens), they suddenly start to take damage because a couple have gone out of range of our AoEs.

Test it out with a single target power or a single target weapon attack (handblasters are really good for this) on the seasonal mobs, and you'll hopefully see what I mean.

Hope that helps!
    • Like x 5
  4. Earth742 Well-Known Player

I was wondering what happened on those; now I know!
    TY for reporting here in detail, I appreciate the info!