The Villain Problem

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by El Guapo, Oct 12, 2020.

1. El Guapo Well-Known Player

Just recently cr skipped a villain to 255 because villainside is a joke population-wise and would have NEVER gotten him up otherwise, and no leagues arent the answer if mates are never on. Also if you think hero-side is bad shouting for lower anything for hours try villain-side, you can see the same characters shouting multiple times in the lfg window without even expanding it.

So what to do about the villain problem?

Time to make it possible to send tells to heroes for 1. Just dc'd in a raid trying to revive, which annoyed me greatly but since i was qued with all heroes i couldnt send tell for a re-invite.

#2. Addressing lower content incentives really needs attention. As of right now i dont see how new players can enjoy the game if nothing ever ques, and its worse on villain-side. I really dont think people are paying for a sub AND a cr skip, i could be wrong but i believe unless its free, the skip cant be making them money.

#3. Pv..........nevermind

#4. Make lfg chat universal for heroes and villains. If you can que with heroes just make the chat universal.

I know some people might disagree, ive noticed villains are "hardcore" about being villains. But right now it needs to be easier to run older content and communicating with heroes because its not getting done otherwise. We all have limited time during the day. People who wanna be villains or heroes just wanting a different experience in the game creating a villain toon im sure are having a very bleh experience, at least i am lol
    • Like x 5
  2. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Never?

You can level up solo. Done it with at least a couple of characters.

Thanks, you inspired me a future series of videos....
    From Level 1 to CR 255 Solo.....
    or something like that. :)

Again.... thank you for the inspiration. :)
  3. Fwames Well-Known Player

I can't speak for everyone but I've kinda invited several friends over the years to play DCUO. One ubiquitous feedback from them is that "why are we helping the heroes?". I think the story telling especially in the villain side is severely lacking to say the least and it deters players to roll up a villain, or worse, a complete lack of interest in the game itself. I know this is way off on the topic but I hope in the future they'll be more creative in the story telling department so that new players can immerse and enjoy both sides.... And hopefully stay....

But seriously LFG in the villain side is dead? What time are you on?
  4. El Guapo Well-Known Player

Ok "never" was a bad choice of a word but it would have taken more than i care to wait. I have 2 villains, the first 1 i leveled took so long i used the the previous skip from a year ago or whenever it was to finish it out. It was before the catch up vendor (cant remember the name of vendor in WT and the police stations/hideouts). Got tired of ques not popping.
  5. El Guapo Well-Known Player

I was on from about 12.30 pm to 2 pm and i was literally seeing 2 ppl shouting in lfg without having to scroll or expand the window. Now maybe villains were spamming bounties and didnt need to shout but the 2 werent doing that and neither was i. I was looking to get other stuff done. But ive been on other times to bounty spam and it was dead in the afternoon. Villains tend to do everything on reset day and log out the rest of the week it seems.
  6. N-IX Well-Known Player

I personally play alone because it is clear that nobody plays on the villain side ...
  7. BumblingB I got better.

Mepps stated in the charity livestream two weeks back that cross-faction grouping is on their list of player wanted QoL updates. The problem they are facing is that they could open it wide up, but it's difficult to make sure that there is nothing that breaks because of it. We've all been here long enough to know that this game has things that were changed and it resulted in an unintended bug that somehow is linked to it happened.

Example, the group list still auto organizes bottom to top when someone drops from group. This bug happened when they changed it 8 years ago. And if I remember right, it was not an easy fix and is just a minor annoyance.

Another example was the armories update that allowed you to spam weapon range attack.

What I'm getting at here is, I want this too, but it's complicated.
    • Like x 5
  8. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Hard no on #4 just a hard no.
    Maybe an option to rech out in LFG but it needs to be an option i can turn off or block. My experience with heroes is by an large they are immature an trash. This has been discussed at length in many threads an i am not going to entertain the discussion again. Just offering my experience an my thoughts. What i have repeatedly see is it basically takes 3 heroes to do what 1 villain can. Its a 1:3 ratio and i dont want that “trash” game play in my runs personally. Suicide squad is the worst because it allows heroes to slow up our raids. The option should be there sure but for those who wanna keep the riff raff out, we need to be able to keep heroes LFG seperate if we want to. I know heroes think they r the best so this works both ways FYI
    Now, theres too notch heroes dont get me wrong. Exceptions to every rule but if villans Q in, you simply have better odds at getting a quality player than if a hero Q’s in (just my experience). And the problem of this would worsen if a hero could shout an “infiltrate my raid group” essentially.
    At a min, make heroes text In LFG a dif color So heroes could keep villans out if they wanted and villans could keep heroes out.
  9. BumblingB I got better.

Your experience varies from others. Hindering actual growth because your bias makes it difficult for the devs to fix glaring issues. They introduced cross faction queues because of the population issue, this same problem exists today.

I can assure you, I've experienced the opposite of you. Doesn't change the fact we are both bias.
    • Like x 5
  10. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

I play with the game sound off. So unless there is an NPC change, I dont even notice if there's a villain in the group.
  11. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Not even going to debate the skill level of heroes vs villains, as it's subjective and easily skewed, but you can't debate that LFG on Villain side is mostly a ghost town. I was on 2 nights ago just trying to get into WonderVerse bounties or the raid and spent 45 min just watching 3 or 4 people argue about someone beating someone else in a duel. Never did get a bounty inv and ended up asking a hero friend to find an active phase so I could phase with him to get them done. This is more often how I have to do it on Villain side if it's not Thursday/Friday. I don't have a deep villain friends list and run a solo league, so LFG/Shout is very important to me an it's dead most nights (unless you count name calling and posturing in the HOD).

I'd be fine with a mixed LFG but yes...make 'same faction messages only' an option in chat....basically so you can have it as it is today where you cannot send/see messages across factions (tell or open chats) if you don't want it.
    • Like x 1
  12. El Guapo Well-Known Player

Villains can be and i often see them being just as immature as heroes lol. Idk where dude is getting his bias from. Just what i was saying, people being "hardcore" about being a villain. He knows damn well they can be immature too. Ran with heroes yesterday and they were cool and knew i was a villain. I also see the hall of doom clownery in shout lol. Its all the same.
    • Like x 1
  13. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Which is why if u read clearly i offer an alternative that SHOULD appease both sides of this and i disclaimed (a few times) that i was speaking only from my experience so your comment doesnt make any sense at all as i addressed up front what your attempting to point out now. Its unproductive. Good try tho
  14. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

“Dude” is getting his bias from in game experience. Also “dude” never said there werent immature villans and “dude” also never said all heroes suck (cause they dont) or all villains are beast (cause they arent).
    If you read carefully, what “dude” did say was that in “dudes” own experience, its about a 1:3 ratio. “Dude” also offered an alternative suggestion to the OP idea of combining chat (you know, collaboratively building on an idea to solve a prob), that heroes an villans lfg should NOT just be tossed in an it should be an LFG option OR make a new one that is collective. This way, those of us on either side that dont want our groups saturated with trash can be selective.
    Shouod appease both sides, i guess thats not what your after tho? “Dude” also has a name for reference lol
  15. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  16. El Guapo Well-Known Player

Im not trying to be disrespectful to you so i apologize, but the reason you believe that ratio is because the hero pop is massive compared to villains. If the pops were somewhat even the ratio would probably be the same. I just dont understand the "hardcoreness" of villains only. Immersion only goes so far. When you gotta get stuff done i dont care who is what. Ive had experiences on hero where villains would literally not do anything because they were in an alerrt/raid with heroes. I didnt develop a bias about anything though.
  17. BumblingB I got better.

I just reread it and nope, I read it correctly the first time. You don't want to run with heroes and feel you should be excluded from doing so. So development that would allow for group building would have to contend with your choice of not wanting to queue. It's like the block argument. "Why do I end up with the person I put on block?" Answer, "because it should not impact others for your choices on why you don't run with them."
  18. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Better re-read again because i built onto The idea originally posted by suggesting make it an option, dont force us. Those who want no part in it should be forced to to cater to those who do in the same way that those that want the “merge” shouldnt go w/out be ause some of us dont want it.
    Make it an option to appease both sides as i suggested (even tho u missed it 2x now i guess. Perhaps i worded it poorly).

Edit: i uust reread myself to be sure an sure enough, my 1st sentence literally beings with “maybe an option to” so yea, i clearly made a suggestion an gave reasons as to why some shouldnt be forced to appease others. As said, im in favor of an option cause theres good heroes, some i would have on friends if given the option. I just dont think anyone wants forced into “the other side”. If you wanted a villain you’d have made one an if i wanted a hero 8’d have made one. An option appeases both sides of the aisle this im in favor
  19. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Lol i was mostly teasin ya anyway no worries, but for me its not ”hardcorness”, its just that like Anyone, we have had Dif experiences and mine is that ease an success rate is vastly greater in villian groups. Helpfulness of the general populous is vastly greater too in my experience. I made a hero once because alot of villians told me how bad it was an i wanted to see for myself an it took just moments (i gave it months) but in mere moments, all the claims were confirmed (and reconfirmed over a 3 month span).
    Again, we all have dif experiences tho which is why im in favor of an option to toggle heroes into LFG tab OR better yet, make a “global” LFG so that theres always the option. I would even use it for sure. It just wouldnt be my go-to and i dang sure dont want forced into it is all.
  20. BumblingB I got better.

I'm not going to go into in depth analysis of your post. You don't want to run with heroes and you think they should build around your viewpoint. The maybe isn't related to doing it, but your idea of how you want to do the excluding.

When you put in you don't want it unless X, you are basically giving a "No" with the stipulation of "unless you do it my way." That is the problem and that is what I responded to. Your views should not impact actual fixes to the glaring issues with the population.

And your anecdotal experiences are yours and do not encompass the whole. I have my own, experiences with the players good and bad, they vary from you, but the impartial look is that the villains population is way low and now we have problems with running content.