The Vault 2016-17

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Swiftduck, Aug 28, 2016.

1. Swiftduck Loyal Player

I think it's a good time to update the vault.

new styles, trinkets, base items etc....

I don't think we have ever really had an update to the vault before, other than seasonal stuff (which i do not count as an update, I am talking about the regular, everyday vault) it's never really seen much of a content update.

• Like x 7
  2. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

For crying out loud, the vault needs it.

Suggestions:
    1. Add a mark for Seasonal hoilday events when they are active.
    2. Add a chance for styles like Avatar Bombardier, Ageis of Eternity, and other older pvp styles. I'm sick and tired of seeing sharpshooter and the same repetitive ones. We need newer stuff in there.
    3. A new theme. For a Funhouse vault, it's rather really boring.
    4. Give marks based on your member benefits..(Borrowing from time capsules) Legendary members get 3 Marks of victory,Premiums get 2 marks of victory, Free to play gets one mark of victory.
    I'm sure there's more than this that the vault could use, but those are my suggestions.
    • Like x 7
  3. Here2Help Devoted Player

How about changing it so it's actually useful? It seems like Daybreak are really pushing being able to get things like soder cola ultimates, exos, tokens of prestige and so on with different methods, such as running old content or by being in provision capsules. I think it would be a no brainer to start putting in useful and relevant provisions into the vault.
    • Like x 3
  4. light FX Steadfast Player

Any change would be better then what it is now. Most of the time running the vault for that 1 mark isnt even worth it anymore. Some new styles in there with some feats would be cool maybe. How about some rebirth styles or something? Or some pet trinkets added in there? Maybe some auras?

I mean there are rare items in there already like omac trinket and kryptonite chunk but those dont do anything anymore. They are just rare vanity items. So add some more vanity items in there that are cooler and updated.
    • Like x 1
  5. Superskull85 Devoted Player

It would be best not to add more to the existing vault as doing so would simply decrease a player's chances of getting existing items. While you, personally, may not need those items new characters (and new players) will need them. Instead, and if you people are so inclined to have "new" stuff, I'd create a new vault. Create look locks however is needed to make it fair/balanced/whatever but it should definitely be a new vault instead cluttering the existing one more.
    • Like x 1
  6. Swiftduck Loyal Player

that's great and all but the vault has had the exact same items for 5 years. Everyone has had 5 years to get all the items, we don't need a new vault.

They need to drastically increase the drop rate on the old stuff and add new stuff.
    • Like x 1
  7. Slade Wilson Devoted Player

That would exclude players using the vault on a "sane" base from the new drops unless they spam vault tickets, won't it ;) ? I can hear the time crapsule argument entering already :D

Hmmm, meme trouble. Can't decide between Daffy's "I say it's duck season and I say fire" or "Shoot the duck! Shoot the duck!" :D
    • Like x 2
  8. PsySomatic Extra Life 2020

Someone had mentioned a while back about being able to trade off the items you get from the vault to a vendor.

Unfortunately I don't remember exactly how it was explained, but perhaps something like say a vault vendor is within the vault and it contains everything you can get from that vault and you can trade stuff you don't need for maybe a new currency towards getting the stuff you do need. And maybe, like with PVP gear after you obtain everything that you can in that vault your character gets access to a new vault and new vendor(or the same) with all new items. That might be cool.
    • Like x 1
  9. C0de Well-Known Player

Been saying this for months, the vault needs a complete overhaul. Been the same since 2011. Kinda ironic its the one thing that hasn't changed since the day this game came out. It's lame cause I got a bunch of vault tickets I got outta the lockboxes but don't even care to use em as the vault currently is.
  10. Superskull85 Devoted Player

A lot of the items are less than 5 years old. A lot of players have been playing for far less than 5 years (ie players other than yourself or like players). Adding more items to them would only serve the same purpose as adding items to Promethium Lockboxes. Promethium Lockboxes really have too many items which makes it very hard to get the original New 52, regular and slims auras from them.

What harm, exactly, would there be in creating a new vault though compared to the very real harm of overcrowding the current vault?
  11. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Sorry, but that is also faulty. The Drop rate in the vault sucks. I can't tell you how many times, you're likely to get spammed with the same sharpshooter style, biomech, demonic, or others etc.
  12. Superskull85 Devoted Player

So, curiously, you'd rather add more items into the current vault so that you are even less likely to get what you most desire? Over all of the times the current vault has been updated the rarer items have never been made more common. Why exactly do you think more additions will make it more likely to get specific items? If anything their rates will be lower. Which is exactly what happened with Promethium Lockboxes and its original styles as I explained.
  13. ShazamFan2014 Loyal Player

Yeah, the Vault needs to be updated, seriously. 1 mark per visit is taking WAY too long.
    • Like x 1
  14. CassUV Well-Known Player

The Avatar Bombardier ideia is cool. I still miss 2 parts of it. I heard that devs still planning release this in vendor but it takes years...
  15. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

Considering that daily vault runs are supposed to be a Legendary benefit, currently it isn't really much of a benefit. :(
  16. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Lol