The Untold Secret to RIT Elite (Easy Victory)

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Alpha Fangz, Jul 1, 2016.

1. Alpha Fangz New Player

I'm not trying to brag, but the alert is actually beatable with no dps. One healer, one tank, and one controller. 3 manned it, no fourth required (speaking of the 2nd boss, elite difficulty). Super fun, and when you do it you get the mechanics down packed. I'm not complaining, it was a joyful experience (after winning). It took awhile until we realized it was doable, since our fourths kept dropping out (twice).

Dare I say, it can be two manned. My leaguemate and I had him (2nd boss) at 50%, a healer and tank. It was really fun, lol. However, we wiped and then the third entered and thats when we started getting a hang of the alert and eventually won.

If you don't know the secret to winning you can be in there for hours! VVe were. Until a leaguemate watched some vid and noticed FX on people's screens that weren't on ours. ZOOM OUT your camera. Easy win from there.

Zooming out all the way makes you easily able to dodge the fireballs (especially if you're super speed). For the very reason that you can actually SEE THEM once zoomed out all the way and from there its dodge (running/jumping around) until they stop getting shot out and then burn the adds and then boss until the next cycle of adds (80/50/30%). Rinse and repeat. He only brings the adds (and fireballs) out 3 times at each of those health markers. After surviving the third wave, its a wrap.

PS: Thank you to Queen Lyra for the revolutionary tip to zoom out, once realizing FX not on our screens that others had, haha.
    • Like x 2
  2. Kroye Loyal Player

Groundbreaking tactics. Thanks for the tip!
    • Like x 1
  3. Proxystar #Perception

Oh man this game has a zoom out feature, holy moly I never knew that - thanks for the pro tip man this is going to make life so much easier now that I know you can do this. So all along these competent players have just been zooming out their camera so they can actually see their surroundings......

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  4. Alpha Fangz New Player

In case people don't know, in order to zoom out all the way hold down your left bumper (Lb) and then click down on the D-pad (a couple times).
  5. Proxystar #Perception

I'm on the PC I don't have left bumpers? Can I zoom out using my car? It has a bumper and zooms around?
    • Like x 2
  6. xXHeadlinerXx Dedicated Player

Sorry. I can only stand in one spot while I get my OP burn on. #TypicalDPS
  7. Alpha Fangz New Player

I may be sensing sarcasm but don't knock it until you try it. For us, it was a game changer. lol I know it seems so silly, but it really makes all the difference. Remember, we couldn't even detect the comets/fireballs at all until we zoomed out. It just wasn't appearing on our screens, that and all the chaos around us led to many wipes. Yet, if you zoom out the fireballs are so slow and easily dodge-able.
    Once zoomed out, we were able to three man it.
  8. Scrub Well-Known Player

Oh no someone exposed the secret art of zooming....us tanks were trying to keep that knowledge to ourselves
    • Like x 3
  9. Pathosgrim Dedicated Player

Superspeed is the best movement mode to have in PVE.
    Flight is just sluggish and stupid.
    Arco does have its uses in some content.
    • Like x 2
  10. inferno Loyal Player

Retract the claws, guys. He's being helpful in his way and an advice to paying attention to game mechanics is always good advice. This game literally doesn't come with complete instructions. There was even a thread about how long it took us to learn certain things in the game. Ah, yes, so many things to learn; not as easy as pew, pew.
    • Like x 4
  11. EconoKnight XIII Legion

ZOOM OUT!!!!

[IMG]
    • Like x 4
  12. Proxystar #Perception

I think it's probably that somehow you've managed to get all the way to T8 content and not knowing about zooming out.
    • Like x 1
  13. Scrub Well-Known Player

Some content? Go acro and put tumbling mastery in your feet...its saved me so many times
    • Like x 1
  14. Alpha Fangz New Player

Its like when you're playing BBS, its beneficial to zoom out. One doesn't need to zoom out in every instance but certain ones its extremely beneficial for awareness. RIT elite is one instance that it is nearly essential. Thats all I am saying. You don't have to be rude and/or make negative assumptions about me. Its a helpful tip for this alert, plain and simple.

Gosh, can't believe the amount of crap some of you people spew towards someone just trying to help others out.
  15. Scrub Well-Known Player

Welcome to DCUO, may i take your coat?
    • Like x 2
  16. Alpha Fangz New Player

You mean welcome to the section of the forums where some players have no decency. I should've posted this in xbox section. lol Its all good, for those that heed the advice it'll prove beneficial. To those mocking it or using sarcasm against me, have your fun.
    • Like x 1
  17. Proxystar #Perception

It's probably a more common "lack of knowledge" on the playstation i guess because its not as commonly known how to do it. PC Players just scroll their mouse scroller like almost every other MMO.

So I will forgive you this time, this time... :D lol
    • Like x 2
  18. Scrub Well-Known Player

This isnt just pc players in this section....its ps pc and x1. Hell the xbox community can be even worse so please dont start that arguement. Cause all youre really showing is that your new and people will eat you alive on these forums
  19. Proxystar #Perception

It's ok, deep down we're all friends here.

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  20. Alpha Fangz New Player

I changed it to some because I didn't want to generalize, but you commented too quickly to see it, unfortunately. I am not starting that debate and I am not new.