The Scoreboard doesn't matter PEOPLE!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by PrimedKrypton, Jul 1, 2013.

1. PrimedKrypton New Player

Lol as much as you made yourself look like a complete a-hole let me clarify some things; the troll was mental not quantum. I was quantum. And I out dps'ed the other dps because I'm better point blank & period. It's also not bs. I've ran with plenty trollers of all sorts (gadgets,mental,quatum) also healers sorc,elec who do an amazing job & still manage to do high dps. Also if I may ask what is the "real dps way" my job is to burn everything as quick as possible, I do a fine job at that plus I'm always picking people up, hell I even put supply drop on my utility belt. I use supply drop for trolls just to make their jobs a bit easier. When the tank goes down I jump on who ever to get them off the tank so someone else can pick em up. I'm a great team player as I'm sure everyone who plays with me would say the same.Nobody spams timebomb. In fact I barely use that power I use singularity more as my loadout has a certain rotation. Have a great day my upset friend =]
    • Like x 2
  2. BadHansel New Player

The problem with the scoreboard is, that the teamplay is suffering. The DD's don't care about anything but the dps. Troll power put, healer heal out. No one cares if it was neccessary to put out so much power or heal. The scoreboard doesn't show if someone was a good debuffer, a good teamplayer, someone who died rarely or never and revived the others often.
    Someone who controlled the mobs very well or who arranged PI's for the others.

All those things you can't see on scoreboard, but maybe those things were essential to finish the raid.
    At the end all praise goes to the dd who did the most dd, the healer who had the most heal out, troller with the most power out ...
    • Like x 1
  3. PrimedKrypton New Player

Only to those selfish/childish raid/alert groups you get into. Countless raids I've been in, we have praised the guy who picked up people who dropped a supply drop to save the tank or the healer or troller. We praised the person or peoples who use teamwork to get through the raid or alert. There is no I in team. 8 man raids cannot be completed by dps's only. Yea sure we burn quick but without a healer to save us from the brink of death or the troll to keep us powered so we can burn the adds. Or to the tank who keeps aggro so us dps's can roam freely to burn whatever we need to. It all depends on the group you are with. But a legit group will give props to each and every individual who helped.
    • Like x 1
  4. surge914 New Player

Logic. Not everyone has it. Can't tell whos a better dps when the numbers are close at under 100k between damagers but if you have one or two outdpsing another dps by more than 200k with the same gear than yea the last one needs to up its game, T5 raids exception though cause the damage reaches super high. Scorecard not a way to tell whos the best but it can tell you whos really bad.
  5. Dogzday Dedicated Player

I will admit to that, that I am a Scoreboard chaser but I'm not the type of people that will hog all the Power that would weaken the group. I'm essentially full T5 (not exactly) and I can burn through T1-T4 content extremely quick. Therefore, my logic is that if I kill things fast enough, support roles will favor me because I help finish the content quickly and it may make it easier for them.

But it may also make it more fun! Because I'm very sure if Healers are fully powered and spam their Heals, it gets boring over time if peoples Health isn't even going down. So at least I give them a job to do if I plan on using a lot of Power (which would get me aggro) to DPS.

But most definitely, if a Controller tells me to stop eating Power, I most gladly will without hesitation whatsoever and cycle through my own Soder Colas and Supply Drops more often instead of using them at boss fights only.

If you have any criticism on my opinion, feel free to reply because I know at times I initially eat Power like crazy and chase Scoreboard numbers. But that's all for good intentions - to kill things fast enough so they don't kill you, you know?
  6. Orca New Player

Soon™
  7. Dogzday Dedicated Player

1. Stop it with the ad hominem argumentation. It will get you nowhere and your credibility suffers.
    2. Pray tell, where on Earth did the OP state his Controller was Quantum?
    3. Time Bomb is a Defense Debuff. Even if the Controller was using it, he was using it for good intentions.
    4. Do not assume anything. Were you in the Instance with him? No? Thought so.
    5. Time Bomb can do up to or around for example, 300 Damage. It deals an added 5000 Fake Damage. Just an FYI.
    Sources:
    (3,5) Been Quantum since its release and tested it extensively and still do.
    • Like x 1
  8. PrimedKrypton New Player

^ Thank you your further clarifications. Ignorant people like that are also the negative in this game I wish would simply go away so I can enjoy it even more xD
    • Like x 1
  9. Clip New Player

Dude if his troller was specced and modded to deal damage he would not been able to make sure the group has full mana ALL the time like the OP said
  10. Volaron New Player

I care about the scoreboard. Why? Becomes it shows your efficiency.
    What I look for.
    DPS: Damage + power in.
    Healer: Healing + power in.
    Tank: Damage in + power in. (should not be high at all)
    Controller: Power out + damage (should not be high at all, if power's low and dmg is high they're doing it wrong.
    • Like x 1
  11. Clip New Player

Btw the troll supplied u guys with mana that much that u were full all the time PLUS he dealt almost 50% of ur damage? Smells fishy but keep telling ur stories some people seem to believe it :D
  12. Orca New Player

Until we are given another tool to gauge are role effectiveness we are stuck with the scorecard. That being said the food should not if ragged as he did (what op say). Imo this is more of a problem with the players attitude then the scorecard.
  13. PrimedKrypton New Player

The point of this thread is that other dps was horrible and got mad for no reason. Lol you're probably one of those people who got out dps'ed by a support role and threw a tantrum weren't you??
  14. Clip New Player

Dont believe everything that is said in here! Show me one troll in a t5 alert that is able to keep the blue bar of the complete group full all the time AND deal 50% of the top dps damage! So when we talk about credibility make sure to read this thread first again and then tell me again if thats possible. So primed krypton is a quantum dps. He will use much mana no matter which rotation. That means the troll must pump a lot- with this move he will be able to supply mana but how can he deal that much damage than?
    Just dont believe everything they try to tell you in the forum.

Well i dont say im a top dps like u prime but i never saw a troll doing 50% of my damage thats for sure :D
    • Like x 1
  15. Orca New Player

I believe dogs was referring to the fake damage with time bomb debuff. To agree with your point I've never seen a troll keep a group completely full or close to fill on power and do 50% damage of the top dps. There has to be more at play here.
    • Like x 1
  16. Anhur Committed Player

The scoreboard does matter, so long as it is a tool being utilised correctly - I've played with others who thought I cheated in some manner to at least triple their damage out and they've starting throwing their accusations - I swiftly added them to /ignore, job done, no need to concern yourself over it.
    • Like x 1
  17. PrimedKrypton New Player

At the end of the day the troll and dps was a difference of 50k. Maybe if he didn't go off and continued the alert he would have most likely balanced it out and it would have been between me and him rightfully so. No cheating or anything happened I hope as I'm pretty sure hacking on the ps3 is impossible. I don't see what is so hard to believe with that. Plain and simple I told what happened it was a pug group and no need for me to lie for anyone. I just didn't like how he snapped on the troll was unfair.
  18. Dogzday Dedicated Player

Clip. We are going slightly off-topic here. Player Damage Out is NOT reliant on any Powerset. The player makes the Powerset, not the Powerset makes the player. If that were the case, we would all be Mental or Gadgets or questionably Hardlight when they were OP.

I'll have you know that a Quantum DPS can do great damage just by using Warped Reality and Gravity Well with continuous weapon combos - that's two moves that consume perhaps no more than 600 Power that deals consistent damage. Simply because you observe a Powerset is Might-based dictates that all users will consume a large amount of Power? Well my friend, YOU ARE WRONG!

It's possible, it's perfectly possible if the group wasn't so reliant on Power. There are Home Turf Mods that have been unaccounted in this discussion so far as well. Controllers do not receive any damage debuff - they just do not get the damage buff that DPS do. Furthermore, since the other DPS was slacking, the damage distribution shifted and the Controller and Healer had to deal a little bit more damage to compensate for the other DPS. T5 mobs in Operations generally do not have a high Defense stat, which means the DPS numbers are essentially raw. This shouldn't make a difference, really.

Controllers spam offensive Powers (that are support as well) more often than any other support role. Plus Mental is a strong Powerset whose debuffs are ranged and Powers hit single-target.

I deeply admire how you are going against the grain in this discussion, but what caught my eye was when you were not constructive. In the future, if you are to point out something is flawed, explain how so it is flawed because that helps us understand your viewpoint better.

But I do agree with your points somewhat - I have yet to see myself a Troll do ~50% damage. You can't deny that the OP may have exaggerated the numbers a little. Because what tells a better story: you fighting 2 skinny guys at the bar or you tackling 3 big guys trying to steal your girl? He probably exaggerated a little. People do it all the time to prove a point. Now let's get back on topic.
  19. Furious Wind Well-Known Player

Lol, prob the dps should have asked more politely to the troll to drop timebomb ahah
  20. Dogzday Dedicated Player

[IMG]