The recent information on hydra brings to mind another question

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by AquiloFury, Jun 29, 2021.

1. AquiloFury Committed Player

With it being revealed that hydra has a "fast burn" mechanic...does Metal Man-bat work the same? Everyone screams the same thing.."DON'T USE ORBITAL!!!"

Does he have the same mechanic, devs?
    • Like x 1
  2. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I'd guess you are right. Now that is old enough that you might see the same results with just power burn, like a few SCs or one or two really good prec dpses wailing away. Been a while since I saw manbat burnt, so not sure if it is as overwhelming as it was at level when all his buddies came out.
    • Like x 1
  3. AquiloFury Committed Player

I mean I could be way off..it seems plausible though lol
  4. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

You can beat Man-Bat solo in +/- 9 minutes if you focus on single target attacks, instead of blowing up the spores using AOE.

I'll post a clip later. But the short answer is "yes".
    • Like x 1
  5. Rejchadar Inquisitor

clean tank build, 16 minutes ... but for that life did not fall by more than 5 percent ... slowly but guaranteed ... during this time, "cubs" bats appeared once and somewhere 7 spores ...
    • Like x 1
  6. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Man bat was always a real no orbitals in my eyes. Hydra, just use them towards the end. But this is online game so no one isn't dropping their big hits asap and it's more likely to happen if you tell them not to
  7. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

The problem with Orbitals v. Manbat doesn't occur until it's at 50% Health; then it spawns the Spores, red, blue, green - when you kill THOSE, it summons the groups of little metal manbats.

Menbats?

Whatever, point being - you don't kill spores, those things never show up - fight near the edges of the parking lot he's in to avoid the spores, move around a lot, single target attacks, and viola.
    • Like x 1
  8. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

My 'editing software' is being a bastard right now, so no fancy soundtrack, but there it is. Behold the power of "actually hitting the correct target".
    • Like x 2
  9. AquiloFury Committed Player

Thank you for sharing. I'm not really sure how this went from a question about mechanics to "you can solo Man-bat in x amount of time". I'm not disputing that fact, I was simply asking if the mechanic was the same. :)