The Phantasm

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by willflynne, Jun 12, 2019.

1. willflynne 10000 Post Club

• Like x 2
  2. AlyceNefarios Well-Known Player

I don't know Phantasm character...
    but, it's about time we had Batgirl in the game. Perhaps with the upcoming movie we might, but then it'll be the Barbara Gordon character, who is a bit dull. Cassandra Cain remains the most interesting Batgirl, and she has been working at the Tech vendor since day one. I want her in the game!
    Ans still no Batgirl Legends character.
  3. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

Legendary film.. way to mature for the audience it was made for... great characters & awesome armor, id love her mask/ cape
  4. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

Phantasm... she plays a specific role in BTAS that I doubt a transition into comics will retain her nuance. Not that I care about the title anyway.
    Her gender neutral get up is perfect for progressional gear though.
    I think it's safe to say Barbara won't be Batgirl since the way they did it in the comics involves erasing her disability and turning Oracle into a shallow villainous AI. Oracle is just too integral as a guidance in DCUO for them to do anything near that.
    (I also hope Oracle returns to being BG's prime role in the broader DC mythos but...sigh)

I think the real question is if we'll see Cass as Batgirl or Orphan. She's gonna show up in the BoP episode either way.
    • Like x 1
  5. AlyceNefarios Well-Known Player

good point, Oracle is well established in game already!
    Still, I remember a comic story about Oracle recovering feeling in her toes... the beginning of getting over her disability... ages ago. I don't think it was ever pursued though. Oracle is a pretty cool character, I liked her. Barbara's Batgirl was too one-dimensional for me. I prefer her continuing as Oracle, and having the more edgy Batgirls wearing the cape. I liked Orphan too.
    BoP episode? dunno what that is.
  6. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

Birds of Prey episode. You know, an inevitable for movie synergy :p
  7. AlyceNefarios Well-Known Player

ah, of course :D