The ONE thing missing from the game * An Objective Observation after Beating Destiny's First Raid*

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by NCR RANGER, Sep 22, 2014.

1. NCR RANGER New Player

So last night my Clan Beat the first raid in Destiny. It was intense and amazing and implemented similar things we have in the new halls of Power DLC (like special weapons only present in the instance).

Now this isn't going to be a rant comparing the pros and cons between the two games or how powers/roles are better or worse in either game.

HOWEVER, the one thing that Destiny does amazingly well that DCUO definitely needs to implement is RAID CHECKPOINTS saved to the group leader.

See we were trying to beat the raid since Thursday because of its extreme difficulty (seriously, you thought outer caverns was hard when it first came out). Now we never got burnt out or rage quit because we were able to leave the raid when everyone mutually agreed we had made enough attempts on boss A,B, or C, and return to the games equivalent of the Watch Tower (Ironically also called the tower.)

It also allowed us to obtain more gear and skills outside of the raid to bring back into it the following day.

Now I know a lot of people may say "This makes raids too easy." or "It takes away from the RPG experience." etc.

But as I get older and get more responsibilities, outside commitments and responsibilities, which in turn give me less time to play, This becomes a very very good thing.

I know there are many people who simply choose not to raid, because their schedules don't allow them to sink in 4 hours on a random week night just to complete it. Or maybe they do belong to a league but their schedules just don't allow them to raid during "raid night".

If the devs implement a raid checkpoint system I think we would see the raiding numbers go up exponentially.

Like I said this wasn't meant to be a rant, just an objective suggestion.
    • Like x 4
  2. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

Checkpoints are unnecessary in raids that take under 30 minutes to complete.

If we had raids that actually took time to beat, then I'd be all for it, but we dont.
    • Like x 5
  3. Deranya Dedicated Player

It was mentioned a lot of times for Survival Mode, which I can understand why. But for the raids, at this present moment... nope.

There are times when it would be really handy. I think quite a few will agree that when the whole group disconnects (which has happened more than enough) or when a server downtime is happening midway, that a check point would be helpful. Like already said though, the raids are not that long, nor that difficult for it to be needed.

In general I'd say there are probably more than enough features in other games, that would give DCUO an advantage, no game is perfect.
  4. Prosser Dedicated Player

I've thought for a long time that this feature is needed.

now I know a present not so much, but it would allow for the devs to make larger more immersive raids.
    • Like x 1
  5. GJGBlackDragon Dedicated Player

I wish we were in the need of checkpoints.

Sadly, the current design of the raids is to be so easy to be done in about 30 to 40 mins. If something take longer than that everybody come to the forums and QQ about it for a nerf, but when they did it in less than 45 mins, they say it's too easy and start asking the developers for more content.

If you ask me, I'll like to queue up in a raid that includes all the batcaves in a sequence to enjoy the RPG experience and put checkpoints so if it's too long, you can save and check back again later. (My league mates will buy this idea on the spot).

One thing I'll add to that checkpoint system is to enforce that all members in the checkpoint must be present to resume the progress or they'll have to start again. That will aid to avoid seeing people making groups just to get a checkpoint close to the loot and then dump everybody to add their friends for the easy to get loot. Some of you may remember the Dark Ages of DCUO AKA Origin Crisis.

Respectfully.
  6. Remander Steadfast Player

Must agree. Even in a long PUG raid, it's not going more than an hour (before I bail, that is). The only thing long is SM, and it's not required for progression.
    • Like x 1
  7. Grace of Darkness New Player

DCUO does implement check points, in the forms of raid part 1, 2 and 3. Take FOS for instance. That is all one raid split into three parts. They could have and maybe should have put it all together in order to make it a more substantial experience but they didn't .
    I believe they took into the account that a lot of players are not going to sit in a raid for that long and complaint after complaint with come.

I did recently watch a show called 'Sword Art Online' that implemented this to their "gaming experience" in which they could leave in the middle of a raid/dungeon and come back to the same point. I thought it was quit interesting but seeing how the DCUO community QQ's about everything I thought it would be a ridiculous idea for this game. They could perhaps have two different formats such at Normal and Intense mode, like they do with PVP and PVE servers, but again I don't really see that working for this game either.

I think this was mentioned before by one of the DEVs why they were doing it this way. Cause a lot of people had the same though when The whole batcave thing launched. It would just be poorly executed in a game like this.