The next lantern power

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Bendmetal, Jul 18, 2014.

1. Bendmetal Dedicated Player

Hey guys, I made this thread to discuss the next lantern power, as I loved hardlight and fell in love with rage

Note: For those saying there can be no powers on the ps3, I think the devs stated that they can squeeze just a few more

The possibility of a lantern healer set is high, as there is a controller and tank power set based on existing lantern corps, why not add a lantern healer and make a trio of lanterns powers for each support role?
    IMO I believe the lantern healers should be indigo reservists

[IMG]

The indigo lantern corp is comprised of a bunch of brainwashed criminals forced to feel compassion.This is sort of like the red lantern blind rage feature. It can be disabled and then we can be able to use the light. Not to mention it also heals people, but it depends on the amount of grief the ringbearer feels for that person. The people you could be inspired by are Indigo 1 for heroes and William Hand (aka black hand, he was enslaved by the indigo corp and is one of the only familiar people who were big baddies within this corp, if this guy isn't a viable choice, I got nothing) for villains
    • Like x 4
  2. GregDawe New Player

A) I don't think we need this discussion again.

B) We should be cutting the chain of the PS3, it's lingering presence is being taken into consideration when making content, therefore creating lesser quality content. NEEDS TO GO!!!

C) I don't care how much sense it does or doesn't make, Blue Lanterns should be a powerset for Healing, for heroes at least.
    Do what you like for Villains.

D) This is now the 1000th thread on this topic. It is old, and we should now simply wait.
    • Like x 14
  3. chipzes Committed Player

Hey cool, another "next lantern power" thread! :) Now please get in line behind the last 100 threads ;)
    • Like x 4
  4. DaiKaiJu New Player

While compassion is nice, I HOPE not.

((Doesn't mean I hate Indigo tribe, I'd just prefer Blue Corps.))
    • Like x 5
  5. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

The fact that both villains and heroes have both been indigo lanterns and indigo lanterns are healers... I'd say chances are this is our next Lantern power...

Indigos abilities according to Wikipedia

"The indigo ring has basic power ring abilities such as flight and aura projection, as shown on the cover of Blackest Night: Tales of the Corps #3.[47] Its distinguishing features include the ability to perceive compassion in others and to force compassion onto those who feel none.[13][16] The indigo light can heal individuals with great empathy but exposes people to the pain they have inflicted on others.[13][14] Members can also use indigo light to teleport themselves and others over vast intergalactic distances; this drains much of the ring's power, so the wearer uses it sparingly.[14]"

Says it right there heals and made to damage.....also notice it says teleportation look out quantum we gonna gave healers who can do it too!
    • Like x 4
  6. Quantum Rising Committed Player

Comic book cannon is not a strict guideline on how the devs develop this game.
    • Like x 8
  7. GregDawe New Player

Here is the long and short of it.

I do not give a S**t about the "lore" or "what makes sense" in terms of not having BL be the healers. Most of those arguments against it is flawed at best.

If I cannot, in the future, use a Blue Power Ring, to create Blue Constructs and powers to heal my fellow raid members, I QUIT!! FOR GOOD.

I don't care how, why, or when.
    But I will heal using a Blue Power Ring or I quit.
  8. Buckley Loyal Player

Some days, I swear this is how the devs decide on a action when it comes to developing the content in this game, just some days.
    [IMG]

On topic, I don't care what corps they decide to use just as long as we see a lantern healer.
    • Like x 4
  9. Zenith Well-Known Player

This Blue Lantern costume was revealed in the build up to War of the Light Part 1, but was held back for release at a later date. To accompany a Blue Lantern powerset?

[IMG]

Of course, this doesn't rule out Indigo Lanterns too...
    • Like x 2
  10. GregDawe New Player

The only corps that can be definitely eliminated are White, Black and Orange.

They can have Indigo, Shapphire all they like, but if Blue Powersets aren't healing, then my money will never enter the hands of DCUO ever again.
  11. sterl320 New Player

Nah it would be messed up if the indigo tribe will be put as a powerset before the blue lantern corp. Blue Lanterns are EVERYWHERE in this game. You can even play as 2 blue lanterns in Legends. We even just saw a blue lantern corp gear set. Then they are just going skip over it and go with Indigo? nah.
    Blue Lanterns, especially Saint Walker, are known for healing. That's mainly what their power consist of. one of the first things he did as a BL was purge the Rage of the RLC from Hal & other green lanterns. Saint Walker even "healed" the sun of his home planet, and that is not coming from some wikipedia page.

ANd I don't care about the "But villians can't be blue lanterns" argument. Are you saying that if they made it possible for villians to be blue lanterns you wouldn't do it? I'm sure you guys aren't saying that. You will moan and fufu it up in the forums for a while, but all we will see in game is blue lanterns galore both Hero AND Villian.

Blue Lantern is the obvious choice as the healer.... and I guess the indigo tribe could be the healers for the villians.... i guess.
    • Like x 4
  12. Jafin 10000 Post Club

When it comes to Lantern powers I have to disagree. There is no way in hell DC would ever let a Blue Lantern set into this game if it was for both factions, and since there is no villain equivalent to the Blue Lantern Corps I don't see it coming at all because I doubt the devs would work on two power sets for one DLC.
    • Like x 1
  13. Jafin 10000 Post Club

How are the arguments flawed? Most of the ones I've seen, and made myself, are logical and ripped from the comics. You can say you don't care about lore and make threats and throw your toys out of your pram all you want but the fact of the matter is that as long as the devs keep making powers that are available to both factions we will never, ever see a Blue Lantern power set unless a villainous Blue Lantern shows up in the comics first.

Personally my money is on Water, Shadow and some kind of Energy power for the next three powers.
  14. Peach4saints Committed Player

Talk about over dramatic :rolleyes:
    • Like x 3
  15. GregDawe New Player

Hahaha sorry, somewhat justified in my mind for

A) I am in much need of DCUO impressing me with the next few DLC's to make up for some rather under-achieving ones of late. So, thin ice, so to speak.
    and
    B) I have a story with my toons that needs to be upheld. Hope as a healing set is foremost in the next chapter of their story.
    I could just pretend, but if the game goes along with it, I can release my story as the game releases theirs and it will make awesome sense haha
    • Like x 2
  16. MinuteMaster Well-Known Player

Unlike others, I don't get tired of these "lantern" threads. Lanterns are an important part of the DC Universe and talking about them shouldn't be a big deal, after all, that's what the forums are for.

That said, if there is going to be another lantern power, it's probably not Indigo. It's probably the least popular among the Emotional Spectrum and widely overlooked. If there is going to be another lantern power, it's probably the Blue Lantern Corps.

But, the next lantern power is going to be a tank, that's right, a tank. According to the DLC pattern (down below) the next lantern should be a tank, that's unless they decided to remove or add anymore DLCs. So, if the next lantern power is going to be a tank, the Blue Lantern Corps wouldn't really fit into that category. The two that come to mind are Black and/or White, but those two wouldn't make sense as lantern powers because they're two of the most powerful ones.

DLC Pattern:

Fight for the Light - Light powers (controller)
    Lightning Strikes - Electricity powers (healer)
    Battle for Earth - Earth powers (tank)

Last Laugh - no power
    Hand of Fate - no power
    Home Turf - no power

Origin Crisis - Quantum powers (controller)
    Sons of Trigon - Celestial Powers (healer)
    War of the Light Part I - Rage powers (tank)

Amazon Fury Part I - no power
    Halls of Power Part I - no power
    *from this point is what I think the DLC structure will be like based on the pattern*
    War of the Light Part II - no power

Amazon Fury Part II - comes with a power (controller)
    Halls of Power Part II - comes with a power (healer)
    War of the Light Part III - comes with a power (tank)
    • Like x 1
  17. MinuteMaster Well-Known Player

Agreed. The Blue Lanterns are the most obvious to be the next lantern set, but it doesn't make sense for them to make Blue Lanterns as a villain. I could possibly see the Indigo Tribe being a suitable villain counterpart, like Sinestro Corps powers to the Green Lantern powers. Since they have the ability to emulate other lanterns, they could emulate the Blue Lantern Corps with their healing properties. You could also possibly have the Star Sapphire as the villain counterpart if you really wanted to.
    • Like x 1
  18. Crimson Jonni New Player

Lore is a big part of it. Nuff said. Doesnt matter how YOU feel about it; its a matter of whether or not the Creators of the Green Lantern Franchise allow it. If they ok it, then we may see it. However if they see it as infringing upon the Lore theyre writing and or dont like the idea, it wont get Ok'd. End of discussion.
    Lore wise, blue lanterns are strictly heroic, Larfleeze wielded it to curb his greed but was never a full fledged corps member. The fact that its a heroic faction alone makes it highly unlikely that we will see blue as a villain.
    • Like x 1
  19. willflynne 10000 Post Club

True, if they follow the patterns. However, there's nothing to say that they might not vary from the pattern, especially if the overall plan includes having a Lantern-themed power for each role. Switch the order of healer and tank releases and the problem is solved.
    • Like x 1
  20. sterl320 New Player

While following patterns is great and all, it isn't a law. It isn't a restriction. Patterns are only to give people who are working together a common base, but it should not be seen as a finite. This pattern was most likely formed because it worked. It gave them a sense of order.

However, stepping away from the pattern for logic, fairness, & completion isn't a bad thing, and shouldn't be counted out. Making ANOTHER tank lantern power without having 1 healer lantern power just for the sake of keeping the pattern is stupid. It causes more harm than it does good, and goodness is the only thing that should come from even using a pattern. If the pattern is keeping you from doing what makes sense, then it shouldn't be followed.

If the next lantern power is going to be Blue, then it only makes sense for it to be a healer. If that means stepping away from the pattern to make it happen, then so be it.