The New Costume Contest ...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Black-Zero, Feb 15, 2013.

1. willflynne 10000 Post Club

The looks have all been great, but seriously, you need to play the lottery or something! LOL
    • Like x 2
  2. golddragon71 Dedicated Player

I do b ut I'm nowhere near as lucky there as I am here!
  3. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Someone make a Freddie Mercury Superhero, thanks darling. :)
  4. golddragon71 Dedicated Player

ok so here's Freddie in his Yellow Leather Jacket...
    [IMG]FREDDIE MERC Jack by Michael Kramer, on Flickr

and here he is in his Tank Top.
    [IMG]FREDDIE MERC Tank by Michael Kramer, on Flickr

I suppose you could also do a shirtless one with an embellished cape to do his Royal look but The crowns that are currently available don't look quite right.

btw thanks! Now I have an armory build to represent the Music section in my Bookworm's library!

Now if the Devs would just give us a musical note accessory.... kinda like the Laughing One.
    • Like x 7
  5. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Lol omg I love it! Ty
    • Like x 1
  6. Ryll Committed Player

This weeks upload, Anti-Venom :)
    • Like x 2
  7. sds<dzd New Player

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Like x 4
  8. Visubversa37 Level 30

This turned out awesome! You're color set is perfect! Can you share what the color codes are please???
    NVM. Just realized I tagged wrong person
  9. Visubversa37 Level 30

This turned out awesome! You're color set is perfect! Can you share what the color codes are please???

10. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Here I am, on Earth 3 dispensing some justice with style (rocking the Shaded Comic Material).
    [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Like x 9
  11. Zneeak Devoted Player

Would've loved to update some of my styles with that Shaded Comic Material, but I guess i'll have to accept it as one of those items I won't be able to afford. Hopefully there is a good enough variant of it awaiting in the near future, one that you'll be able to acquire in more userfriendly ways.
  12. Wallachia Devoted Player

• Like x 1
  13. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

• Like x 1
  14. golddragon71 Dedicated Player

• Like x 3
  15. willflynne 10000 Post Club

So my luck on the latest Bundle was nowhere near golddragon71's luck. I bought five or six and ended up with a bunch of Teal Metallic materials and one Pink Metallic material. LOL I just figured it was payment for being able to snag two Cosmic Chromas on one of the last Bundles. But when the holiday sales hit I decided to give it one last try after picking up some Stabilizers and a couple other things.

Bingo, Shaded Comic! :D After some deliberation I decided my first character was going to get it, and here are the results so far.

[IMG]

This wasn't a permanent choice, I just wanted to see how his usual look would turn out with the material. Also added the Winter Storm aura for fun.

I've also got a Superman-themed armory going for him, and THAT one ended up being a permanent choice.

[IMG]

Funny thing, while going through older screenshots I remembered a look I had done with him that will get a re-visit with this material in short order...:)
    • Like x 5
  16. golddragon71 Dedicated Player

NICE! It's funny how good some Superman suits look without the cape!
    (btw what emblem is that on your cold dude?)
  17. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Thanks! Since he's a speedster (and the words of Edna Mode still haunt me to this day LOL) I tend to avoid capes on him.

The emblem is the Gem emblem, wiki says it comes from early races in the game. It was the best thing I've found so far to look like an ice crystal of some kind.
  18. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Told you it would be done in short order. LOL

Behold, the Super Speedster (Shaded Comic version)!

[IMG]

The original version for comparison.

[IMG]
    • Like x 4
  19. golddragon71 Dedicated Player

As great as Shaded Comic Material is, there are some characters for whom the older Materials work better!

for instance….
    Usually for the JLI’s Fire (in this case GREENFURY FIREFLAME) I use a mix of Glowing skin and a Neon Chroma (for the hair)
    However after a chance encounter in the watchtower,….

[IMG]smoky fire?!? by Michael Kramer, on Flickr

I found myself increasingly interested in recreating this look!using the Venom Material from the Wonderverse Vendors

[IMG]Untitled by Michael Kramer, on Flickr
    over all, it’s not a bad look. I kept the regular Long hair over the Tamaranian hair.
    • Like x 2
  20. Multiverse 15000 Post Club