The New Costume Contest ...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Black-Zero, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

• Like x 1
  2. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

True. But I probably have a bunch of unopened Atlantean Time Capsules from Resurgence that I can open to try to get Dark Shimmer. Still curious how that material looks on that Face Style. IF it gives the horizontal "ridges" it could make it look even more like Snake-Eyes' visor! :cool:
    • Like x 1
  3. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

4. Batman2099earthcold Committed Player

the same previous batsuit but now has extra armor
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  5. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Opened 30 Amazonian Time Capsules with him tonight, left over from Resurgence. Did NOT get the Dark Shimmering Material, but DID get the regular. Went and got him the Magnetic Paladin Head Style... and I HATE that it's a Head Style, not a Face Style, as it should be, but I digress... it's not gonna work with those materials, the "ridges" it creates go in the wrong direction, vertical, when I need them to be horizontal for it to have the right look:

[IMG]

[IMG]

I'll get the Elite version when I can if it looks like it will work better, 'cuz the plain unadorned visor isn't the right look.
    • Like x 3
  6. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

On the original classic snake eyes I had when I was a kid there were no ridges,they were all smooth.I tried it with dark shimmering material but I prefer the silvery look from silver material.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 4
  7. kingmonkey Active Player

[IMG]
    Really enjoying the Strapped Crime Bible and the Black Smoke Aura I picked up during the Hallowe'en event.
    • Like x 4
  8. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

Robot style update[IMG][IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Like x 7
  9. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Very first Snake-Eyes figure was all black, including his goggles.

Second version (first to come with a sword and included his wolf Timber) had the dark grey visor, and it did have grooves/lines running horizontally.

Third version went back to a goggle style for his eyes, but the goggles and the knives on his chest were silver.

There are actually two versions of him in the new Classified series of figures. One was a convention-style exclusive that had a silver visor while the regular release went with a black one, and while it's more rounded than the second version from oh-so-many years ago it still keeps the horizontal lines as part of the design.

Why no, I'm not a toy geek, why do you ask? LOL
    • Like x 3
  10. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

I'm not sure which version you owned as a kid, and I'm also not nearly as familiar with the figures that were sold in markets outside of the United States. I know they sometimes had significant differences. But ever since it was introduced, the Version 2 "Ninja Commando" outfit has long been the # 1 choice of fans, and the Gold Standard by which all other Snake-Eyes costume designs are judged. From 1985 to today, it continues to be seen again and again with only slight variations.

[IMG]

I'll post more reference images of SE later, but my version of his mask for years has been the Full Slimline Head Style with the Protective Goggles Face Style. Closest I've been able to get to the Version 2 mask:

[IMG]

IF it had the grooves/horizontal lines, this new LSH visor could fit the bill quite nicely for a more accurate Snake-Eyes visor. Can anyone show me a video of the Enhanced version of that Head Style, so I can see what the enhancement is before I farm all the currency needed to buy it? :confused:
    • Like x 1
  11. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

12. Jaelia Committed Player

I saw you while I was running bounties :eek: you looked so cool
    • Like x 1
  13. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

Thank you. since the game came out I’ve been working on my robot style. It’s gone through just about every stage, Cyclon, Cyberman, terminator, lol
    I admit this outfit takes up 2 armories, one for short range and the other for long range.
    the face is a hologram. My program has discovered humans respond better to a holographic face than to a headless helmet.
    my league likes it with the mecha wings, but I worry it makes the back to big.
    • Like x 1
  14. Eve YouTuber

Trying out a style I want for Mentalica on my main
    [IMG]
    • Like x 6
  15. Batman2099earthcold Committed Player

tring to recreate the arkhan knight batsuit i don't have the iconic cowl i thought to use the drowed pirate but i haven't time to tried with that cowl and i don't have the bvs emblem to look more bigger and also i thought to use the beyond highttech shoulders and the batguantelet but i haven't enought time to tried with that stuff so don't judge me . and i also forget to use change the belt and trouser
    [IMG]
    the other image is a failed intent to tryingto make the batman arkhan knight batsuit
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  16. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

Very interesting. I like it.
    • Like x 1
  17. Eve YouTuber

Fantasia and all her angelic drones (She's my angelic-themed character) 95% of Extra life rewards used on her lol
    [IMG]

[IMG]
    • Like x 5
  18. DarkAya Dedicated Player

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Like x 15
  19. Eve YouTuber

Great styles!
  20. Darth_Andrea Well-Known Player

The Pastel Chroma seems almost custom made for the Fallen God style ...

[IMG]
    • Like x 6