The New Costume Contest ...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Black-Zero, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Here's my first attempt at Batman's Hellbat Armor Suit. In a 9-year old game, it shouldn't be so hard to create this armor, it should have already been in the game as an Iconic Style Set. The Dark Specter Batsuit is cool and all, but it's a pale imitation of the real Darkseid-battling armor.

[IMG]

[IMG]

I know others have used the Blood Bat Back Style for the wings, but that thing has horrible textures on it, and it looks too organic. I tried the Enhanced Beyond High-Tech Chest and Legs because of the glowing lines and Bat Emblem, but it's too slender and doesn't look big and bada$$ enough. :(

Still a work in progress, hoping to figure out a way to make a more accurate version. :oops:
    • Like x 6
  2. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Have you tried something like Runed Gargoyle wings with a metallic or even Stealth material? Or are you looking for a fixed wing style that doesn't flap?
    • Like x 1
  3. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

I tried the Runed Gargoyle wings just colored all black, but didn't find the look satisfactory. On that character, I don't yet have the Stealth Material. The only way I know of to get a black metallic material is with the Dark Metal Chroma, but you have 2 other color slots on it, a matte black, and a true, highly-polished chrome silver. So I wouldn't be able to do just the black metallic material on the whole thing. :oops:
  4. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

Have you tried vengance of hecate back? it looks a bit simillar I think :)
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  5. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Yeah, I looked at that either last night, or today, but they always stay folded down, they don't spread out when you're flying.
  6. Batman2099earthcold Committed Player

have you tried with the combat protocol chest piece or future cruzade ?[IMG]
  7. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

I'm not familiar with the Combat Protocol Chest, but I did try out the Enhanced Future Crusader Chest, but decided against it. It was still the wrong look, with very large plates over his abs glowing.

I was hoping the Enhanced Beyond High-Tech (AKA Batman Beyond) Chest and Legs would work for it, but the overall look is too slender, and I hated that it turns the True Black color (Hex Code 000000) very noticeably blue due to the texture on it. :oops:

I do need to look at the newer chest styles released as part of the Metal Events, though. I'm not going to get my hopes up, but I'll still look in case there's something useful there.
  8. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Finished up what I wanted from the Oracle capsule. :D

[IMG]

It's nice that I can use both the regular and enhanced versions of the Combat Protocol gear for this look, but unfortunately the blue I used for the glowing parts doesn't mix well with brown, so I end up going with black for the main color.
    • Like x 2
  9. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

• Like x 1
  10. Ryll Committed Player

There has been quite a few of Mysterios in game..but here's my FFH version.

Also my take on Classic Mysterio
    • Like x 2
  11. Ryll Committed Player

Tron inspired

Knightfall

Nite owl

I have a few more different styles uploaded..but too lazy to copy the links here lol
    • Like x 4
  12. Ryll Committed Player

This is the style that I use almost every day. The other one I would use a bit more would be my Darkwing Duck Style. I am trying to go for a "mobile prison" look for a Kryptonian. Heat vision and freezing breath are blocked, limited strength because of the metallic limbs and kryptonite powder and shards constantly sapping powers. The Panda Bear simply because Panda Bear's are cool!
  13. Batman2099earthcold Committed Player

my first intent of a .n.a.z.i batman inspired from the concept of cw crisis on earth x [IMG]
    my hellbat [IMG]
    unnamed batsuit
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  14. Batman2099earthcold Committed Player

you should try with the enchaced red robin trousers
    • Like x 2
  15. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Is that what you used on yours? :confused:
  16. Batman2099earthcold Committed Player

YeS
    • Like x 1
  17. Chaos Evolution Devoted Player

well I managed to get the network infiltrator accessory I like how it looks on my spawn

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

and a grim reaper style

[IMG]
    • Like x 7
  18. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

My Rick jones aka A-bomb style
    [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  19. DiscoSoup Active Player

[IMG]

Bet you didn't know you could get all these colors at once?
  20. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Well, luckily, the Enhanced Armored Detective Legs are very easy to find on the Broker, and they have the kneepads that were missing from the Enhanced Exobyte Origins Legs.

I also tried the Bloodbat wings again, still annoying to me. Besides being ridiculously large, I had forgotten that the animation of the flapping is wonky, too. So, I'm trying the Runed Gargoyle wings again. Still not quite right for this armor, we really need another great option for bat/dragon/demonic wings.

Lastly, I added some dark charcoal gray on the gauntlets, inspired by the McFarlane Toys action figure. Here's what I've got right now:

[IMG]

Still open to ideas for further refinement to get closer to this:

[IMG]

[IMG]

First thing I know I need: Better shoulder armor.
    • Like x 1