The New Costume Contest ...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Black-Zero, Feb 15, 2013.

1. willflynne 10000 Post Club

It doesn't hurt to keep up to date a bit. :D

I've got a slight advantage on that, though. I've got about a dozen characters that I'm slowly taking through the tiers, and it's a split of seven female characters to five males so I get pretty regular exposure to how outfits can vary between the genders. LOL
    • Like x 1
  2. TheOtherLeague Well-Known Player

What head style is that, if you don't mind me asking. I'm looking for some new mask options for my Captain America so it looks more like the movie version, but I've been having little luck.
  3. Azreaus Committed Player

Looks like Vestments of Rage to me.
    • Like x 3
  4. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Azreaus got it right, Vestments of Rage. I picked it up for her because the design was bird-like enough for me to use for classic hero/spandex looks (all her other looks usually use Thanagarian/Hawkman headgear).

Never thought about trying to use it for a Cap look, though. The eyes do glow a bit, so that might affect how well it works for a movie Cap look.
    • Like x 2
  5. fchacha New Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  6. Chaos Evolution Devoted Player

7. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

No worries, made a version of the MCU Wolverine (civilian outfit) to entice nephew to play, and then kept a Rule 63 version of Chris (make a male version of each character on the Brainiac Ship so have Rule 63 side-by-side shots of active characters) and usually take then around to the Seasonal Vendor (if it's in the HQ's) to check out what the male version of the gear looks like
  8. Jcal Dedicated Player

Very awesome look! What chest and legs style are you wearing here? The legs look like something I should know. The chest I don't believe I know.

While I've got your attention, I wonder if you could tell me how the Chroma Mat behaves with the various Lantern styles. Does the material cover up the emblem in styles like Heart of the Predator, Scion of Ion, Vestments of Rage, etc. Thanks!
  9. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

Blue Lantern flash chromatic edition
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Like x 6
  10. Eve YouTuber

[IMG]
    • Like x 4
  11. willflynne 10000 Post Club

If it works like the Gold/Silver/Bronze metallic materials, it probably will cover it. This was the result when I went all-Gold on the Predator set on a character a while back.

[IMG]
  12. golddragon71 Dedicated Player

• Like x 5
  13. Dene Devoted Player

on female toons the top and legs match???

:( - not on male toons.. on male toons the legs can be "skin toned" but the chest has a glow to it, that ruins a full slim line affect
    • Like x 1
  14. Proxystar #Perception

Oh that sucks, I've never tried wearing it on a Male character
  15. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

Just some family reunion dcuo tomas wayne batman inspired style
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Like x 5
  16. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Khal back again with some more Chroma Funsies... :D
    [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

I want to see MORE materials like these...with more variety. This brings new life to old and new styles. :)
    • Like x 4
  17. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

I hope we get it with leather where the silverish chrome parts is
    • Like x 1
  18. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

Atrocitus chromatic edition:mad:;)
    [IMG]
    [IMG][IMG]
    • Like x 11
  19. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

Ok, finally done with my slimline uniform.
    The trench coat in the last photo is good for fighting crime on Earth. It looks cool and keeps villains from seeing me as just another guy in spandex.
    However when you're out fighting wars in space, you can't spare any concentration on lavish outfits. So that is the uniform I have my ring construct when fighting major battles in space.
    Also, not sure if I should drop the glowing construct weapons on my back. My program has noticed some heroes carrying weapons on them, but since I am an AI with a power ring I am not sure whether it is logical to do such a thing when I can just create it...at will.
    To those that might wonder. Why does my outfit switch from the aviators to the mask? Well Extraterrestrials have no respect for how much a good pair of sunglasses cost. Why does there not seem to be a robotic arm in the slimline? Well that is part of the uniform construct, we don't want mega-powerful beings seeing that weak spot.
    --One last thing. Jacob, my penguin, loves old movies so much that he just stands and stares at the screen. It is cute I admit, but sometimes I worry whether he is addicted to movies. I mean, there isn't anything playing right now Jacob. lol
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Like x 5
  20. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

An atempt on Red Lantern Guy Gardner chromatic edition:mad::)
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Like x 5