The New Costume Contest ...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Black-Zero, Feb 15, 2013.

1. General_Gear New Player

Representing the Sinestro Corps
    [IMG]
    Another Bonus
    [IMG]
  2. JayJay2515 New Player

Me up in space

[IMG]

Me and couple of league mates watching another league mate solo Trickster

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  3. jflusson Well-Known Player

wow, great job man.
  4. The Lone Stranger Devoted Player

Nicely done, sir.
    Here as well, but I actually want the skull shield instead of S for this guy! It was cool!

I think that's everyone except the Kryptonian Soldier uniform. Very well done!
  5. The Lone Stranger Devoted Player

I really like this one!
  6. Vanguardcommand New Player

Time to show my updated toons:

Heroes - Vanguard Force

Strangefate Mystic: Dr Strange and Dr Fate Re-merged thanks to the Origin Crisis, ultimate magical master. Uses the Spear of Fate.
    [IMG]

Anubis Frost - Archaeologist possessed by the Egyptian God Inepu (Anubis), power to channel the essence of the Underworld's coldest realms in the form of elemental ice. Fights in a forgotten ancient Eyptian martial arts style called the Claws of Sekmet.
    [IMG]

Psych Wrangler: Through the exobytes, Telekinetic and Telepathic abilities were awakened in a ranch-hand while visiting his sister's familly in Metropolis. His preferred weapon is his father's hunting knife.
    [IMG]

Kal-Thor of Kryptgard: From an alternate dimension, Kal-Thor, son of Zodin-El comes from the nearly god-like race of the mysterious Kryptgardians who are able to channel solar radiation into living electrical forces. Wielding his legendary hammer Kansjor through the air as he soars, Kal-Thor channels elemental lightning and wields superhuman strength.
    [IMG]

Ruby Spider: A mild-mannered lab student was experimenting with new technology capable of concentrating tachyon fields when a spider bite distracted him. The energy of the machine was directed as he stumbled into the field. Taking on the genetic traits of arachnids from the quantum phase merging into his DNA, and able to manipulate tachyon energy through his bio-electric field, Ruby Spider can create web-like strands of quantum waves and partially manipulate gravitational forces allowing him to cling to any surface. He wields two specialized hand guns which channel his power into plasma bursts weaponizing his power with explosive potential.

[IMG]

TorchOfLiberty: An american soldier volunteered for a special program co-coordinated through STARS to increase biological and mental abilities. At first the mitochondrial enhancements produced increased regeneration, reflexes and battle tactic awareness. However when the exobytes were spread across the globe, they affected his genetically altered cells allowing his bio-energy to generate and endure intense pyrokinetic abilities. Taking on the code name Torch of Liberty, he leads the Vanguard Force team of new heroes to assist the Justic League. Using his symbolic patriotic shield made of prometheum ore and a new experimental conductive metal, he can channel his pyrokinetic energies into the weapon and cause spontaneous combustion in his targets.
    (inspired partially out of humorous realization that Chris Evans has played both Human Torch and Captain America in the recent marvel films. A nice what-if they were the same character.)

[IMG]

Quicksilver Flare: Ruby Spider's half-brother. Captured after being infected with exobytes infused with the future Flash's likeness, when he escaped his pod he was infected with a strange symbiotic life form with a mercury-like liquid metal composition that had stowed aboard one of the first invading Brainiac ships. Its race having been long destroyed by Brainiac, the creature had survived feeding off of the power systems of the craft, practically unnoticed until it sensed a being innocent like itself emerge from one of the assimilation units. Increasing his Speed-Force power even more, the symbiote also gave him enhanced reflexes, healing abilities, senses, and the ability to manipulate minerals and stone. The skin-like material is nearly indestructible. Now as one being, they work together to fight evil. He is capable of forming crude weapons from the symbiote's matter, and prefers to making close-combat hand blades like katars and throwing stars.

[IMG]

Paladin Falcon: In an alternate timeline orphaned billionaire Bruce Wayne took up the mantle of a falcon as his symbol to fight for justice and protect his realm's version of Gotham City. Accompanied by the small hovering bird-like R.O.B.N. (Robotic Orbital Ballistics Neutralizer), a special AI companion drone of his own design, he occasionally assists Vanguard Force with their missions, preferring usually to work alone. He has a mixed relationship to his counterpart on this Earth as the two clash personality wise. Paladin Falcon is deeply religious and says prayers before he strikes terror into those of evil purpose. His preferred weapon is a high-tech bow which interfaces with R.O.B.N. for targeting and defensive purposes.

[IMG]

IronLantern Beetle: Military Industrialist was selected as a new Green Lantern in this sector for his former heroic efforts as the Iron Beetle, a specialized cybernetic armor suit with advanced weaponry and defensive capabilities. His special Scarab-Reactor technology was modified to increase the power of his ring as well as channel its abilities into his other physically mounted weapons. Changing his name and imbued with the new powers, he has come out of temporary retirement as a super hero. Sometimes he clashes with Torch of Liberty in regards to how Vanguard Force should be lead.
    [IMG]

Foxglove King: MMA fighter changed by exobytes into a were-fox creature with increased senses and strength. His genetics are unstable allowing him to shift into other animal forms for various combat and protective purposes. The youngest member of the team, he is often overlooked as headstrong and inexperienced, however he has proved himself strong enough and clever enough to even take on the likes of Bane and Solomon Grundy.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 8
  7. Vanguardcommand New Player

Villains - Acolytes of Chaos

Zealot Prime: In an alternate timeline, orphaned infant Kal-El's craft crashed on Apokolips instead of Earth and he was raised by the dark immortal warlord known as Darkseid. In time he grew to be a powerful and feared metahuman who eventually betrayed and overthrew his own adopted father taking over the alien world. Displaced from his reality, Zealot Prime, as he is now known, seeks to face his counterpart in this reality known as Superman to destroy him and prove he is the superior. Along with the same powers of any Kryptonian, Zealot Prime was modified by Darkseid's best scientific minds on Apokolips to be able to channel crimson colored raw energy similar to Darkseid's Omega Beams which allows him to telekinetically manipulate stone and generate melee weapons of condense reddish light. His preferred shape is a barbed spear which he wields with deadly accuracy when not using his raw power to destroy his enemies.
    (Design wise I based him both on Eradicator as well as elements of the "evil" superboy known as Black Zero)

[IMG]

Wintermonger: A rival scientific genius who used to work with IronLantern Beetle's company's research division, the man who would become the horrible cybernetic killing machine Winter Monger was severely crippled in a lab accident using stolen technology from Gotham's notorious Victor Freeze. Paralyzed from the waist down, he was thought dead until his body was partially restored by the exobytes that infected Earth. Though they did not heal his crippled legs, they did form structures in his body allowing him to interface with technology. The intense heat however generated from these biomechanical features had to be contained so he adapted his body in a similar fashion to Mr. Freeze. Over time he amassed resources to perfect nanite technology and improve upon the suit that was now keeping him alive. A walking tank, the Winter Monger armor and its occupant are one. Its systems designed to generate intense cold, and interfaced with an AI-based blaster rifle, Winter Monger hopes to one day eradicate all fully organic life and build a frigid world of nanite infected slaves. His genius mind is just as deadly as his arsenal of cryogenic weapons.

[IMG]

Sineschal: Following his arch enemy Paladin Falcon to this Earth through a dimensional rift, the criminal mastermind Sineschal comes from a reality in which that Jean Paul Valley took up another mantle than Azrael, and instead became a supervillain with high tech gear, capable of tapping into the memories of others through an interface system built into his battle suit. A skilled fighter in multiple disciplines and wielding a vast majority of weapons, Sineschal acts as a dark crusader, attacking authorities and even going hand to hand with members of the Vanguard Force and Justice League. His suit can generate intense directed electrical charges and electromagnetic fields. His preferred weapons of choice are stylized mechanical batons which unfold into electrified short blades which can also interface into other technology as well as projectile launchers.
    (Based on the what-if idea that Jean Paul Valley/Azrael and DC villain Prometheus were the same character)

[IMG]

Crow of Shadows: Former member of the League of Shadows, The Crow of Shadows was a specialized assassin born and trained traditionally to hunt members who defected or betrayed the Order. Wielding a wide variety of crow-themed high tech gear and weapons, Crow of Shadows now operates freelance with an obsession of killing each member of Vanguard Force and the Justice League. He has yet to succeed, but that may be less out of failure and more by design. Sometimes it is best to strike your enemies when they underestimate you. Trained in various martial arts and fighting styles, Crow of Shadows battle suit enhances his reflexes and strength, allowing him to throw superhuman level punches. One of his favorite techniques is to swoop down on a target from above using the tall buildings of Gotham and other cities like Metropolis as perches and then spraying his prey with a hallucinogenic toxin he personally derived and modified from the Scarecrow's own formula to induced stronger auditory hallucinations to go long with the crippling visual ones.
    (Inspired by villains like the different Talons as well as Doctor Doom and oddly enough Steel)
    [IMG]

Coiling Vine: Simply enough, a male interpretation of Poison Ivy. He can mentally control plants as well as grow them from his own body. His fighting style is mixed martial arts with plant-themed hand daggers and katars. He is also empowered with the Speed Force.
    [IMG]

-Non-Related Original/Semi-original character:

Dorax Vile: Based on a character from an rpg thread I post in frequently on gaiaonline.com, Dorax Vile is the "son" of an alien god-like entity called Dorax Khul who existed as a Collective hive of gathered lifeforms both from their collapsed dimension and the one they currently invaded. Khul ascended further becoming benevolent, and having purged the evil from his being inadvertently created the humanoid creature Vile. Like his "father", Vile's physical form acts as an avatar representing his true form which is a celestial sphere of consciousness which directs its will to manipulate reality and energy through manifested Sigils which appear as alien symbols of light. Assimilating lifeforms and different forms of consciousness in whatever reality he occupies, Vile becomes a living library of knowledge capable of manipulating energy and Space-Time on a limited scale. His full scope of powers really extends into other power sets in the DCUO world, but the best matched visually is the new Quantum powers. I used the magical blasters because they have glowing ghostly runes which pulse around a crystalline light shape similar to his Doraxian Sigil energy works.

[IMG]
    • Like x 5
  8. NlNJUTSU New Player

New look for my character. Got tired of the Straw hat and Time Traveler chest so I went to the broker to find some new styles. Don't have a special name for the costume like everybody else has, but I hope you guys like it.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 4
  9. Alice Liddell Well-Known Player

10. metal1ix Well-Known Player

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

Metallix Type O-IV Lex Luthor Metallix machine series
    • Like x 2
  11. SuperSoldier Devoted Player

Come to me, son of Jor-El, kneel before Z0D!
    [IMG][IMG]
    General DruZ0D - Classic and Phantom Zone Reaver Armor

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    Super Flight... to the Daily Planet!

[IMG]
    General DruZ0D - Abra Kadabra Chest, Tech Ninja Legs, Sinestro Hands

[IMG]
    • Like x 14
  12. Feenicks New Player

Looks like Zod straight from the original movie way back when! Great job!
  13. Star Ember New Player

Star Ember the Eternal!

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Like x 5
  14. General Zod 10000 Post Club

Anyone know what boots these are?
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  15. Star Ember New Player

those boots are STAR Ex
    • Like x 1
  16. Fridged New Player

Well I have literally been asked in other posts to post pics of all the colour and style combinations I have come up with!
    But I am busy right now and not going to search for links so please refer to my banner!
  17. ElectricPhoton New Player

May I ask what head style is that?
  18. Ronaz Ved New Player

Android Joker head style
  19. TroEL Dedicated Player

[IMG]

Well done

Where's the MoS variant?
    • Like x 1
  20. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I'm not sure the pic was of the Split Personality chest. Split Personality has a tie to it.

[IMG]

Male and female versions of Split Personality. I think the one in that image might have been the Necromancer chest for female characters.
    • Like x 1