The most controversial idea...

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by AshocusTheMuse, Jun 10, 2023.

1. AshocusTheMuse Well-Known Player

PVP is it's own beast, let's be honest. It's had MANY issues due to hackers, imbalance, etc. A lot of this imbalance has come from artifacts and allies. So here's my suggestion... don't allow them in PVP. much like most trinkets. just make it that they can't be used while in PVP. From many conversations with fellow players, they felt that when the stat revamp happened things settled down and it got better, then artefacts came along and threw everything in the air.

I know you're probably screaming at me right now through the screen... but hear me out. let them stay in PVE, here is where they are designed to be. Just turn them OFF during PVP and Duels. This means it comes back to skill of the players. Yes... there will be those who will suddenly realise they need to up their game because they used things as a crutch. but on the whole this will bring the playing field MUCH closer. Suddenly, it's challenging, engaging, and fun again. Heck... who knows we may even see proper PVP events again which will appease the masses
    • Like x 3
  2. SuperDepresion New Player

I actually love that idea but the problem its that arts are kinda one of the biggest money making things for the game and any kind of mode that disregards em will be turned off or greatly ignored by the developers

The closest thing for a "balanced" pvp experience its legends and i mean those " " couse certain characters are just waaay better than others
  3. xXlNesTlXx Well-Known Player

All those stuff is disabled in PvP instances and nobody plays PvP anyways….
  4. SuperDepresion New Player

true pvp its sadly very forgotten, i enjoyed it even when i was absolutely terrible at it lmao
  5. Soul Dedicated Player

6. Sarien Well-Known Player

Player Character PVP was forever broken from the moment they added R&D in.
    Game wasn't designed for it, and it was added on to make PVE raiders busy work to do during their lockouts, and the more 'traditional' MMO themes that were glued in, the more it broke. Raid Tiers, Gatekeeping, ever increasing stats, etc. The whole point of the suits being the same stats back then was so that a player's skill points was where the difference came in.

If you want my really controversial, and really "ain't never gonna happen" idea?
    Do the same thing as World of Warcraft Classic. The reason that PVE players were demanding R&D and busy work back then is because they didn't have enough content to keep them busy playing until their whatever loot lock was ready. Now they have 45 episodes and years worth of content. So collapse it all back down to the math for the original tiers of content: Blue Alert level, and green PVP cash suit, and Epic Raid PVE, and PVP Marks suits. The CRs for various raid suits wouldn't be different, they'd just have a massive choice of styles to choose from to complete various suit styles. Feats are an issue, but there's a couple ways to keep from having to re-do them for all of the content. Mainly just re-score the higher tier ones I'd think.

Weapon Mastery would be absolutely amazing, if you unlocked the combo slot instead of a particular second weapon. That is to say, you buy all combos, the mastery point, then the four at the bottom are those combo slots, two block breakers and two interrupts. After choosing, you'd spend another point to choose which weapon type animation goes into that spot. That way just like they did originally for the powersets and movement powers to balance them, you're writing out the effects and damage and the combo required to hit those mastery attacks, and using the animation with a weapon of your choice. So people get to choose their weapon pair ups for their character, and you don't see things like.. bow users going into using rifles, unless that's what the person wants.

Keep your artifacts and allies even, limit them both to one, and your first ally is your mentor when you hit 30. Gives a better meaning to joining JL/Society. Earn your other ones in various ways too, of course. There's what you do with your exobytes. Just don't allow em in 4 or 8 person pvp arenas. Otherwise you get 16 of the things firing off at once, which breaks stuff again. The best combat I ever had in this game was not a fight that is done in 2 seconds, but one that takes a bit to where countering and playstyle is what matters. That gets you invested in the outcome. Not just melting people.

There's my ramble, and it's all just some guy's fever dream anyway. I'm sure there's people that think that's an equally awful idea.
    • Like x 1
  7. AshocusTheMuse Well-Known Player

Thanks for the awesome imput, and SOLID points
  8. Aiden_Warren Well-Known Player

The hacks and wifi exploiters. Definitely inevitable thing in PvP.
    Wifi exploiters they call it McDonald's Wifi users.
    But at home, they lower the data limit in settings and also even on ps console by connecting to a mobile wifi hotspot it's definitely a better exploit than lagswitching.
    And for hacks on PC, speedhackers are clever with it. They can bind toggle speedhack with block button hold and release.
    So it looks to us they are blocking and for them they are blocking and toggling speedhack that speeds up the loadout cooldowns.
    Block and roll and so on or toggle on for a sec when they get a KO. So when player is respawning their cooldowns is ready.

But the issue is the counters lag. You can block and then get 2 to 3 taps of a melee or use a power and still get block broken.
    You attack a player and the hit and damage is successful, but blocks after and You're block countered.

The one thing that can fix pvp is the counters and improve on their timing and registry.
    Few years ago when the Internet was down so I connected the PS4 to my mobile hotspot and did legends PvP and wow the favor of it was very much on my end. It's a temptation. But I decided to disconnect.
    Though I was aware of the advantage it gives and how players do abuses that. I was really bored and see why is it such a desperate thing for players within their psychosis of reality to feel they gotta win everything illegitimately.

As for the legends characters having different health and damage bursts. I don't know if that's something meant for skill players.
    But the balance seems to be definitely designed for skilled players.

As for Arena PvP, it needs a separate internal system and server.
    It's own skill points system for PvP, PvE skill points is disabled in PvP.
    As a complete reboot for arena PvP. As clamping down the skill points stats and cutting it all in half as a separate skill points for PvP.
    Traits > Add another Traits UI > PvP Traits.
    Same as PvE Skill Trees but cut in half. To match the stat clamps instead of having to generally clamp stats in PvP.
    When you go in arena. You start with 5% chance and 10% magnitude/damage/ability. But in PvP skills each new skill point gets you another point in role crits.
    And 50 points total needed to reach 10%.
    Either max skill points in PvP skill tree to spend is maybe 300. Where about 270 is need to max out on role specific stats.
    So healers won't be able to spend another 400 on damage increase.
    Such crit chance and magnitude is 15/15 and 30/30 instead of 20/20 and 40/40
    A revamp of the crits you get per skill point.
    This is can be a complicated way to balance or a new feats system to gain skill points in arena pvp.

Im writing this completely blindly and not thinking it through lol.