The joys that origin crisis bought.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by OMAAR, May 10, 2013.

1. OMAAR New Player

PRE OC DCUO had gotten stale. The last two month had no reason for me to log on much ( I'm PVE oriented ).
    Now that OC has hit it gave DCUO a huge stride in gameplay, story and fun. Here are some points how OC was a critical DLC:

1. Return of the TANK: The Tank role was beginning to be de deemed unnecessary in everything but raids. The new Alerts have bought back it's importance. And even though some of can two dps the newer alerts a Tank makes things much easier and smoother.

2. Content: I simply had no reason to listen to in-game music/voices or care much about the storyline. But I am enjoying OF to the fullest from the growls of the paradox monsters to Batman defending his.......

3. Gear: I am personally thanking the devs for mailing both precision and might sets for dps gears. Incredibly enough it is 2.8 or 3:1 precision for precision gear and it is optimal for Hard light.

4. Legendary challenges: incredibly hard but it forced people to learn clipping if they want to make it easier.

5. OPS: how Hand of fate OPS should have been: Open world, separate phase, not much lag and every corner has danger around it. Tons of fun!

6. Drops: having high end gear drop for both alerts ( Time Traveler ) and Raids ( Booster Gold ) is a feature that should have been in-game from the get go. Requires skill and teamwork ( to beat the raid ) and good social skills ( to share the loot )
    The different weapon dps levels are great too

7. The grind: oh how much I have missed this. Doing Alerts over and over and still far away from my first T5 makes me want to log on everyday.

8. Difficulty: Not too hard that it's frustrating, not too easy that it will not keep us on our toes. Things tend to one-shot if your not careful.

Devs: Great job! Best DLC yet and a turning point for DCUO. Brings back the old days when trying to beat EYE and get out first T2 back for 40 marks :D
    • Like x 25
  2. Radium Devoted Player

My biggest joy?

I got my 157 Staff last night :D
    • Like x 1
  3. TrueMarvel New Player

I hate being premium sometimes.
  4. Mighty Hyperion Committed Player

I gotta say I too, thought that the new DLC shot a breath of fresh air into the staleness that DCUO had become (which is how every dlc feels through the first few hours). I thought the new solos are maybe a little too short, but do add some variety, and the gear drops give you something to hope for (although totally making your t4/norseman worthless). The fact that I got 3 157 weapon drops the first day, makes me think that they are doing even more to make the game easier for those people who havn't put in the time.

Too bad it will only be a couple weeks before everyone has full t5 and it all go's back to complaining about not having anything to do. I'm worried too that the game is doing more to promote replay badges and a little less time promoting fun. Don't just give us new stuff, give us new stuff that feels like some feeling went into it. not just a new character running through the same area.
  5. Apostate Rising Dedicated Player

i have only really explored the solo challenges. i love how challnging they are. it really forces you to take your time and focus on the battle mechanics. i want more now. i cant wait to explore the rest once i get a decent amount of armor from the solo challenges.
    • Like x 1
  6. Pop a Trinket dey sweatin Dedicated Player

I like all the content I've played. Went into a Raid with a group and couldn't get past the first boss, but the scenery in there was amazing and despite the many wipes and not being able to beat the boss, it was maaaad fun.

TBH though, I like the solos a little more than the alerts. The alerts are fun as hell, but the solos are almost like simulation to hone your skills. The difficulty remains constant and it really works your mechanics.

Overall, it's a great DLC and I'm satisfied.
    • Like x 1
  7. Nitefelina New Player

Due to work and other RL things going on I haven't really had time to dive into this yet. BUT so far I love the two challenges and one alert I did. I can't wait for this weekend when I have more time to really dive in and do the rest of the content. Well from what it seems I mean try the rest.
  8. ZEUSofGODS Dedicated Player

Ur missing out brotha!!!
  9. Wizz Tron New Player

can't wait til it drops next week
  10. Helios The Eternal Flame Dedicated Player

Couldn't have said it better O. This is what we have been waiting for, for almost a year and a half. I'm in heaven. Also, this has to be one of the smoothest DLC launches in a long time. I haven't DC'd or frozen at all. Yes, there is the occasional lag spike here and there, but I have fallen in love with DCU all over again. Oh, and yes I did get my 157.1 Shield,.....
    • Like x 1
  11. OMAAR New Player

157 rifle and shield, 115x precision :D
  12. Remander Steadfast Player

Yeah, got a 157 dual wield on my first Ops run! By far, my favorite melee weapon! Also got a 140-something bow for healer stance from my first run of The Hunt! Oh, and finally got to CR 90! Loving this DLC! So much to do now! I don't have enough time!
  13. FESTER665 Devoted Player

I like the new levels of items.... I got a 146 DPS bow in the Huntress Solo last night, should tide me over until I find a 157.1 bow later on..... Cassamento also dropped a 157.1 two handed but I'm not a melee player although that weapon is making me think about giving it another go.

I'm happy they added the ability to salvage our mods because modding all this CR82 & 83 gear to make getting the T5 set easier only to mod them to get to the sets in the raids would've been way too much....

Wish I would've stocked up on exobits a month ago.
    • Like x 2
  14. Devilicus New Player

One other thing they also brought back... groups asking for 2 tanks for raids. The thought of that has been extinct for a long time
  15. Helios The Eternal Flame Dedicated Player

Yo O,....I got my Health to 6600 Base.....with almost 5000 defense...1200 Resto.....1200 Dom.....INSANE !!!!
  16. Lokkii Committed Player

Best DLC to date, the difficulty is perfect in the raids
  17. Apostate Rising Dedicated Player

yeah, i walked into my first solo thinking i'd slap my controller on my face and win and move on. when i fought the boss, i really started to get worried because there was nothing i could do to increase my chances at completing the alert except improve my own skills. next day i started beating them. they REALLY keep you on your toes. this is how stuff should be, especially solo. i think they tried to do this with the ace and strykers stuff, but outside, the mobs are just to close and too many and overwhelming. so its just plain difficult. this stuff forces you to think and focus. id like to see harley, and maybe john stewart maybe green arrow. i really hope they make more. id take an entire dlc (OR UPDATE) base on this.
  18. Elusian Crowd Control

Well even in raids I didnt wanted them. They were unnecessary in any existent content before this DLC, sad but true. Origin Crisis made them even interesting for the Ops. Yeah, I do agree with the rest ofc.
  19. Valsmurf Loyal Player

[IMG]
  20. Remander Steadfast Player

This was my favorite addition of the last GU. I'm no longer leery of popping a high level mod in a piece of gear, because I know I can get back at least a good portion of the bytes. I despise farming and am not a multimillionaire, so those bytes are solid gold to me.